Happy New Years everyone
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Happy new year everyone!!!
      sigpic
      Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Happy New Year! I hope everyone's holiday season was great
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Happy New Year! I hope everyone's holiday season was great
          Me too!

Looking forward to some days off.
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

So I've been checking on the GABIT forum and thought I'd try here, too. Now that I'm sure I'm going to AT7 I'm looking for a roommate--so far no luck.

So keep me in mind, folks. Hotel is a bit steep for single rooms.

Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season!

donamac

Comment

someone just posted for a rommie on the gabit forum. check there.

Comment

I just came across a photo from TrekGate while searching another photo and I wanted to share that memory.

This was/is my favourite moment of TrekGate 2013, apart from when she talked about creating peace. (I did not have any photo op and I was awfully nervous at the autograph session.)

This was at the end, where each guest came on stage to say goodbye. When Amanda came there was thunderous applause and people were cheering and she received a standing ovation. After some time she became embarrassed and with a wave of the hand asked us to stop. She then turned around but that didn’t really help I guess because behind her was the TrekGate staff and they were clapping and cheering like crazy too So she turned back to the audience, visibly embarrassed/overwhelmed and people just kept clapping. After some seconds she again asked us to stop etc. and this repeated itself like three or four times and at one point she was like “You’re gonna make me cry…” but no one wanted to stop, everyone just kept clapping and cheering. I don’t know how long the applause lasted but definitely waaaay longer than for the other guests.

It is my favourite moment because during some minutes there was all this energy in the convention hall. Like… one could literally feel all the love that people have for Amanda. It was a very special moment for me, very intense.
                Last edited by xgfan; 06 January 2014, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xgfan View Post
                  I just came across a photo from TrekGate while searching another photo and I wanted to share that memory.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3d5fa6e2.jpg

This was/is my favourite moment of TrekGate 2013, apart from when she talked about creating peace. (I did not have any photo op and I was awfully nervous at the autograph session.)

This was at the end, where each guest came on stage to say goodbye. When Amanda came there was thunderous applause and people were cheering and she received a standing ovation. After some time she became embarrassed and with a wave of the hand asked us to stop. She then turned around but that didn’t really help I guess because behind her was the TrekGate staff and they were clapping and cheering like crazy too So she turned back to the audience, visibly embarrassed/overwhelmed and people just kept clapping. After some seconds she again asked us to stop etc. and this repeated itself like three or four times and at one point she was like “You’re gonna make me cry…” but no one wanted to stop, everyone just kept clapping and cheering. I don’t know how long the applause lasted but definitely waaaay longer than for the other guests.

It is my favourite moment because during some minutes there was all this energy in the convention hall. Like… one could literally feel all the love that people have for Amanda. It was a very special moment for me, very intense.
                  that was a lovely story! thank you for sharing.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

I really can't wait to meet Amanda! Not a day passes that I don't think of her beautiful personality and how she inspires me. She truly is one of the most beautiful persons I've ever come across.
                    sigpic
                    Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                      Thanks for sharing!

I really can't wait to meet Amanda! Not a day passes that I don't think of her beautiful personality and how she inspires me. She truly is one of the most beautiful persons I've ever come across.
                      I agree...so jealous of everyone going to AT7 next month
                      sigpic

----------
                      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z435/xgfanMS/tg_zps3d5fa6e2.jpg[/IMG]

Lovely story, thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post

Remind me, have you had the chance to meet AT?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Remind me, have you had the chance to meet AT?
                          Nope. I only discovered Stargate about a year and a half ago. The closest she's been to me since then is Chicago and Baltimore and real life did not make either an option. I'd really love to meet her some day though.
                          sigpic

----------
                          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Nope. I only discovered Stargate about a year and a half ago. The closest she's been to me since then is Chicago and Baltimore and real life did not make either an option. I'd really love to meet her some day though.
                            2014 is to be the last year for the Chicago con so there is some feeling they will make it a big one, so maybe AT will be back. Is Baltimore the Shore Leave event? I think she has done a number of those so I'm sure she'll be there again.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              2014 is to be the last year for the Chicago con so there is some feeling they will make it a big one, so maybe AT will be back. Is Baltimore the Shore Leave event? I think she has done a number of those so I'm sure she'll be there again.
                              I know. I keep hoping something will happen for Chicago. I don't want to buy a ticket just yet, but am hoping my next bonus at work will allow for it. Chicago will be around my birthday so I could use it as an excuse.
                              sigpic

----------
                              FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Me too! But some day....
                                which reminds me, I need to get my RDA tickets!

Comment

Working...
                                X