Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
    Having watched the chaos next door for the past few weeks, (they're moving tomorrow), I'll pass on that experience for a bit. I'd like to downsize but don't have the stamina. They have five kids and two cats under their feet, and the amount of stuff they've thrown out is phenomenal. Talking to them this morning, they are still worried that they won't get it all in the van. I'm sooo looking forward to the peace and quiet of an all adult set of new neighbours...

Mumsey
    The reason I have lived in the same house for 26 years is because it is too much work to move!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Motive
    Spoiler:
    Yes, I thought she did a great job. As others have said she starts out being a sympathetic character and then you find out what she's really like. yikes.

Yay to seeing AT on screen again! Isn't the guy who plays the boss the guy who was on SG1 as Connor(?).
    Yes. Good catch.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      I think
      Spoiler:
      there were probably a bunch of them and/or long term. I think that's what that shot of all those tapes was meant to imply when they were searching for her.
      Good catch!

Spoiler:
      Who knows how long she's been at it, she certainly knew what she was doing manipulating those damaged minds.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
        Having watched the chaos next door for the past few weeks, (they're moving tomorrow), I'll pass on that experience for a bit. I'd like to downsize but don't have the stamina. They have five kids and two cats under their feet, and the amount of stuff they've thrown out is phenomenal. Talking to them this morning, they are still worried that they won't get it all in the van. I'm sooo looking forward to the peace and quiet of an all adult set of new neighbours...

Mumsey
        Quick update - they didn't get it all in the big van (and it was HUGE!!) and had to get an overspill van to take the rest. It's soooo quiet tonight. Not sure when the new neighbours are coming. Problems with the legal side of things have slowed down their move. Meanwhile I'll enjoy the peace...

Mumsey
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

I enjoyed seeing AT on Motive, she was
          Spoiler:
          Creepy Good!

and with Louis Ferreira and
          Spoiler:
          Patrick Gilmore
          in the first episode, it was a Stargate Geek out!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            You know when she did that behind the scenes filming in Sanctuary where they showed her leaving home in the wee hours of the morning, I was surprised they showed that. Wouldn't take long for someone desperate enough to figure out where she lived. I personally don't get why anyone would want to do that and that just creeps me out. I'm uncomfortable with the thoght of people seeking out where actors live.
            i don't remember them showing her house in that scene, just her driving?
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Motive

Spoiler:
              Yes she played it well, thinking she was a sympathetic character at first. The scene with her kissing the boy, was done well, it made you feel uncomfortable and saying ewwwwww that's just wrong! It is good to see Amanda stretch her acting skills with different parts.
              'motive' spoilers

Spoiler:
              i wasn't too bothered by the kiss b/c i knew the actors wasn't a kid anymore, even though he was playing one. HE must have had a thrill to be kissing amanda!! and he was a cutie too, young or not.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                'motive' spoilers

Spoiler:
                i wasn't too bothered by the kiss b/c i knew the actors wasn't a kid anymore, even though he was playing one. HE must have had a thrill to be kissing amanda!! and he was a cutie too, young or not.
                I was more horrified at the idiots posting caps of that moment that, a, had no idea what the context was, and b, naively thought it was beautiful and sweet. It flew around twitter after the Canada airing. Definitely felt like banging my head against a brick wall that day.
                Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                  I was more horrified at the idiots posting caps of that moment that, a, had no idea what the context was, and b, naively thought it was beautiful and sweet. It flew around twitter after the Canada airing. Definitely felt like banging my head against a brick wall that day.
                  i remember the caps/gifs.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Amanda tweeting her reaction to XFChemist bday vid

I'm smiling! xo RT @XFchemist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgUJTkfB020 ... @amandatapping probably won't see it but maybe someone else out there will smile
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

*can't stop grinning*

sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Go Chemmy!

And I smiled. And laughed at the giggle at the end. What a great way to end a great vid. You made me want to watch all those behind the scenes videos again.

As for Motive

Spoiler:

So glad we can chat now that a lot of people have seen it! I agree with everyone...she does crazy/normal switching amazingly well. I guess she had lots of practice on Sanctuary.

I REALLY wish that she really had been the one that got away....possible recurring arc!

I agree with whomever it was...Selene? who said they couldn't get into motive. I've been trying and trying and it just doesn't suck me in. It's filmed in Vancouver so I feel like I have to be loyal but yeah, the characters just don't do it for me. Thank goodness continuum is filmed here too. Now if we could only see Amanda ACT in that show! my little sci-fi heart would be content (not that her directing that second last ep wasnt'....epic!)

Last edited by picardythirds; 31 August 2013, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think I'll make a point to watch Motive again.
                          Maybe with Motive getting exposure on US tv Amanda will get more invitations to guest on other things. Great to see her on screen again.

Comment

For the UK Samandans, Amanda's episode will be on Universal on Friday at 10pm.

Mumsey
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Just curious...which network is Motive on in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                                just curious...which network is motive on in the us?
                                abc

Comment

Working...
                                X