Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amanda is now in 2nd place on the Celeb Charity Challenge
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Saw Amanda's ep today - she made me forget it was her directing, which is a good thing since that means she told the story well, which, in behind the scenes vids is what she has told us in the past that she aims to do.

I don't watch primeval often - but it was a solid ep. some techno crane was involved but no big "oners" like amanda usually likes to do...

Did anyone catch her on innerspace?

Comment

I can't remember how many episodes of Supernatural Amanda will be in, does anyone know?
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          I can't remember how many episodes of Supernatural Amanda will be in, does anyone know?
          All I remember for sure was that it was a recurring arc of episodes. I wanna say it was for like, 7-8 episodes, but I could be mixing that up with the fact that her first appearance was in episode 7 or 8. I'll look into it...

Edit: No mention in any of the articles I've found mentions a specific number of episodes. Just that she'll be recurring throughout the season. NOTE- In my experience, this type of recurrence will lead to longer and heavier scenes of AT. Naomi seems to be set up to play rather large role in terms of guest starring...
          Last edited by selene0789; 05 December 2012, 01:41 PM. Reason: New info

Comment

It would be nice to see her get more to do as the season progresses.

Comment

I agree it looks like they are setting her role up, and it does seem to be a pivotal role as the season goes on.

*Ooops I ended that sentence with a preposition*
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

She should have a longer scene next week. At lest that's what I'm hoping from the previews.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

She said her appearances that had been taped thus far (as of AT7) were relatively short, although I got the impression that the most recent one was longer, and that she was moving towards more airtime ... she's been very tight-lipped about her role as Naomi ... I'm guessing there's contractual obligations against spoilers

*contemplates smacking Mandy for ending her sentence with a preposition, but decides against it b/c she admitted to noticing she had done so *
                  ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                  ames on facebook
                  ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

and if the rest of the season hasn't been taped or written yet, it's possible that she doesn't know how many episodes she's in. they may have an option for 'at least 3 and as many as........' in her contract, so she literally may not know how many she's in
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                      Saw Amanda's ep today - she made me forget it was her directing, which is a good thing since that means she told the story well, which, in behind the scenes vids is what she has told us in the past that she aims to do.

I don't watch primeval often - but it was a solid ep. some techno crane was involved but no big "oners" like amanda usually likes to do...

Did anyone catch her on innerspace?
                      I did catch the Innerspace interview.

She talked about how many of the crew were familiar faces from Sanctuary or SG1 and that made her feel right at home. I think she also talked about how it was different directing a show that she was not acting in. She talked about the episode itself, how it was hunting for the dinosaurs in a Canadian Tire store (a very Canadian thing). The interviewer joked about whether she would do a cameo and she said something like yes, as a dinosaur, an Amandasaurus.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      My understanding is that it is 3 episodes this season. The first two just consisted of one scene but she said she was in the 3rd episode more. No indication as to whether the character would be brought back after that.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        I did catch the Innerspace interview.

She talked about how many of the crew were familiar faces from Sanctuary or SG1 and that made her feel right at home. I think she also talked about how it was different directing a show that she was not acting in. She talked about the episode itself, how it was hunting for the dinosaurs in a Canadian Tire store (a very Canadian thing). The interviewer joked about whether she would do a cameo and she said something like yes, as a dinosaur, an Amandasaurus.

My understanding is that it is 3 episodes this season. The first two just consisted of one scene but she said she was in the 3rd episode more. No indication as to whether the character would be brought back after that.
                        Ha ha Too funny. I was describing this to a friend, and also said Amandasaurus, but when I rewatched it, Ajay and Amanda said Tappingsaurus. I def think Amandasaurus flows better

Comment

I've never seen Sanctuary, but now I bought the first two seasons (they were on sale) can't wait to see them...

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post
                            Ha ha Too funny. I was describing this to a friend, and also said Amandasaurus, but when I rewatched it, Ajay and Amanda said Tappingsaurus. I def think Amandasaurus flows better
                            I should know better than to rely on my memory.

Originally posted by Starry Starry Night View Post
                            I've never seen Sanctuary, but now I bought the first two seasons (they were on sale) can't wait to see them...
                            You are in for a treat!

The other day i was leaving for work late and caught the start of Revelations from season 1. Fun to see.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                              Amanda is now in 2nd place on the Celeb Charity Challenge
                              The rules will change after the next victor is named on December 28. From then on, everyone's count will be reset to zero and the celebrities will not maintain their vote count for the next month, there will be a reset everytime a winner has been declared.
                              So it doesn't matter that Amanda is 2nd now because she'll loose all the votes

Comment

Originally posted by xgfan View Post
                                The rules will change after the next victor is named on December 28. From then on, everyone's count will be reset to zero and the celebrities will not maintain their vote count for the next month, there will be a reset everytime a winner has been declared.
                                So it doesn't matter that Amanda is 2nd now because she'll loose all the votes
                                So after that, we all should vote like crazy!! If everyone votes every day we should be able to get her to win
                                sigpic
                                Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Working...
                                X