Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Where is everyone? This is my 800th post, and *sniff, sniff* there's no one here to share the event!

Hurrah! My PM box just got bigger!

Congrats SG-1Fantint!!!

And all my prayers go out to those of us who are in the UK tonight. I know it's not a fun thing to go to bed nervous about what may happen tomorrow. I only hope this will be the end of it, but I know that is my own naivity and wishful thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
      Where can I find some of these other reports from Comic con? I loved the ones that tsaxlady posted!! Interested to hear what others said. I'm glad AT is getting positive feedback.

Here is a good Con report that is over on Pegasus Galaxy by Sam's Sister

You can also find several reports on this site dedicated to Ben Browder they have an interview done with Ben at Comic Con online.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Tara, I share the same sentiments regarding Lida's sig! Holy Hannah, do you pet it or shoot it?!

PS So sorry to hear that you'll be on holiday and not able to join us at GABIT! We'll just have to share baby piccis next year online! Take care and be safe!

I'm sorry as well that we can't make Amanda's con but i'll be looking for all the pics, videos and anything else i can lay my hands on!

Daughter-in -law doing fine and she's got a new due date of 17th Jan, can't wait to see the first scan she will be having at 20 weeks, never had them myself with my two!

As for Lida's furrling pics i think she should send it to tptb and say to them that she has found the furrlings at last but he's not to happy about being left out of the show!
        What do you think Lida?
        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
          Hey Tara!! Wish you were going to Gabit! (((((((tara)))))))
          Hi Mal, me too, can't believe i booked our holiday and it's clashed with the con!
          I'm still hoping for the meet-up in the museum at some point in the future, take care Mal
          ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares
            I hope Carter doesn't keep smiling that girly-girl smile, its not her character and its definitely not military!!
            What's wrong with a smile and why is it not military?
            As for smiling being girly-girl i think you can say so much to a person just by smiling at them.
            ......TARA......

Comment

Congratulations sg-1fanintn on your 800th post!

In regards to Stronghold...
              Spoiler:

I'll take whatever positive interaction between Sam and Cam that I can get. I definitely took it as Sam being empathetic with Cam, as well. Though I somehow doubt (or hope) that she'd actually tell PETE, of all people , I can understand why she was so torn when her father was dying years ago. Part of me just doesn't think she would have told them, though. At that point in her life, I think she was still struggling with pleasing her father. She joined the Air Force because of him, and maybe she was afraid that he'd consider it a bit of betrayal? I guess we'll never know. Either way, the story looks interesting.
              Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 21 July 2005, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                Dear CG,
                Thanks to you and everyone else for making me feel welcomed. I will continue to pray, as countless others, for the end of violence. May the sound of our prayers be louder than those who would use religion for harm. May we all find strength to overcome the foolish, violent minority.

Coley and 1speed,
                I have to ask you what I asked CG. I truly hope you or noone you know closely were affected by the senseless violence.

CG,
                Did you mention a baby? Do you have a baby, or does your daughter? I adore children! You MUST share photos!
                jerin,

Can I just say how much your testimony regarding 9/11 and it's aftermath affected me when I read it. I hope that attitudes have improved with time, and will continue to do so.

Many thanks for your kind thoughts following yesterday's events. Neither Coley nor myself are in the London area, and I personally do not have any family or friends down there. I believe Coley's sister travels into London daily, but as far as I am aware she is OK.

Just to update everybody in case the news hasn't filtered through yet, it would appear that this was an attempt to repeat the attacks of July 7th, but thankfully the explosive devices failed to go off properly this time, only the detonators.

This morning's breaking news is that a man has been shot by armed police on the Tube, but nothing has been said yet as to whether this is connected with yesterday's events.

There are times when I despair of just where this world is going.

Comment

And in a slightly more upbeat vein...

Congrats sg-1fanintn on 800 posts!!!

Congrats ForeverSg1 on 1100 posts!!!

Congrats ChopinGal on 1200 posts!!!

Oh yeah, and

Congrats Coley on 350 posts!!!

Apologies to anyone I’ve missed, but I’m a bit preoccupied with RL stuff at the moment. Well, it’s either that, or TPTB are messing about with my character too…

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    i just don't want sam to take anymore hits. [/spoilers]
                    sally
                    I think we all agree with you, there!

And I do understand why the PS bit would upset you.

Hugs,
                    Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
                      Jerin, you speek wisdom. I wish all this madness would stop. But apparently, human kind isn't that advance in the end. I think I read that there was no victims this time. It might have changed, but the effects on the mind are as damaging than the physical one. Hope everything calms down real soon.
                      Thank you! Sending you hugs!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
                      Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        Here is a good Con report that is over on Pegasus Galaxy by Sam's Sister

You can also find several reports on this site dedicated to Ben Browder they have an interview done with Ben at Comic Con online.
                        Thanks tsaxlady!!! I will take a look at those reports and the pictures.

Comment

I watched "Ascension" last night on DVD and I was curious what everyone else thought about the Carter center episode?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            Where is everyone? This is my 800th post, and *sniff, sniff* there's no one here to share the event!

Hurrah! My PM box just got bigger!
                            Congrats, sg-1fanintn! Great job!

Comment

I'm away of this thread for a few days, and everybody changes their sigs and the Samandan population is increasing in number.

Royal Blue Jello for all the new sigs !
                              Lida, did you really meet this Furling ? What a cutie !

Welcome to all the new Samandans !

Have fun here !

And Congrats to all of you who reached a new milestone !

Now, I'm going to work my way through all the posts and I really hope that I'm not out of green jello this time.
                              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                                jerin,

Can I just say how much your testimony regarding 9/11 and it's aftermath affected me when I read it. I hope that attitudes have improved with time, and will continue to do so.
                                There are fewer and fewer reports of hate crimes, so I hope that means things have gotten better.

Many thanks for your kind thoughts following yesterday's events. Neither Coley nor myself are in the London area, and I personally do not have any family or friends down there. I believe Coley's sister travels into London daily, but as far as I am aware she is OK.
                                I'm so glad to hear you, Coley and everyone you know are okay.

Just to update everybody in case the news hasn't filtered through yet, it would appear that this was an attempt to repeat the attacks of July 7th, but thankfully the explosive devices failed to go off properly this time, only the detonators.

This morning's breaking news is that a man has been shot by armed police on the Tube, but nothing has been said yet as to whether this is connected with yesterday's events.

There are times when I despair of just where this world is going.
                                I feel the same way. My hope is that as long as there are people out there like you and many of the other considerate Samandans, we will be okay.

Comment

Working...
                                X