No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checked the Lifetime website and they are showing Taken Back again at 8pm on Monday, August 20. Which is good for me, since I will not be home tomorrow evening (and have no dvr).
    http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/tak...-finding-haley

I noticed that the Lifetime website also has some of their older movies on-line, so perhaps this movie will eventually be available there, but I understand not wanting to wait that long!

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
      Thank you. I just may have that channel...

Comment

Saw another preview today from Taken Back - me thinks Amanda's character is not gonna be so nice...I wonder if she took Emma/Haley and her husband is unaware - maybe he came into the picture after Haley/Emma was taken.
        Taken Back preview
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Saw another preview today from Taken Back - me thinks Amanda's character is not gonna be so nice...I wonder if she took Emma/Haley and her husband is unaware - maybe he came into the picture after Haley/Emma was taken.
          Taken Back preview
          With previews like these I'm always left wondering if that's not just some good editing of different scenes, making it look like it's all happening in one scene with AT's character being a bit psycho towards her teenage daughter.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

well, if the goal of the movie is 'who's right and who's wrong' wouldn't it make sense to have promos that hinted both ways so as not to give away the ending?
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Last few days to send a Birthday Wish to Amanda

The deadline is this Wednesday, August 15th.

So, if you haven't already and want to, you can send BRIEF birthday wishe – no attachment, just words please – to [email protected] . Please put 'Amanda Wishes' in the subject line so they don't get lost.

Julia will then collect them and put them together and get them to Amanda for her birthday.

Last weekend, so best not to procrastinate - never know how busy the work week will be.

Again, no attachments, no artwork please. And permission certainly granted to spread this message anywhere you want. Forward your little hearts out, give it a tweet, do a little friendly Facebook Spammage. Let's see how many greetings we can round up huh?

sigpic

Comment

Ok, Taken Back has recorded...won't say more beyond the fact that Amanda's part isn't some itty bitty cameo.

Anyone that wants a DVD copy, PM me your mailing details. I don't upload and won't upload so it's gotta be the old fashioned way.

And I ask that anyone that gets it, please don't upload it yourself. Won't know if you do, can't stop you, but I really don't want to be an accessory to piracy so....be nice

I'm going to wait a day or so and see if Lifetime puts it on their on Demand and if they do I'll see if I can record it commercialless, but should start getting dvd's out early/middle next week.

sigpic

Comment

Just finished watching Taken Back. Amanda definitely had a juicy part. Yay! And the movie itself actually kept my interest, not just AT's scenes , though those were pretty dang good.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    Just finished watching Taken Back. Amanda definitely had a juicy part. Yay! And the movie itself actually kept my interest, not just AT's scenes , though those were pretty dang good.
                    ITA, she had a wonderful part to play in this movie, and did an amazing job!
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      can we have some spoilers?
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

taken back
                        Spoiler:

two moms, one kid. one mom is convinced that her kidnapped daughter is still alive, 12 years later. Another mom is very protective of her daughter. One of them is the biological mother, one isn't. and it all comes to head in a very dramatic fashion.

It's not oscar material. Some of hte acting was very wooden...to the point that the relationships the characters are supposed to be having you wonder if they do, cause you just don't sense that realism, but the plot twists do keep you guessing until the last little bit, then you know for sure which one is right, and which one isn't.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          Me, too. Amanda did a great job and the story keeps you guessing for a while. Spoilers for Taken Back:

Spoiler:
                          About halfway through I'm thinking, "OK, Susan (Amanda's character) has a lot of suspicious behavior going on, but it could still be explained by her having lost a child and just being overprotective of a second child." I thought the performances were very good and the show stayed very suspenseful right until the end. Nice surprise where there is someone at the door and you think Susan is confronting Karen, but of course she has gone to the friend's house because that's where Karen was staying when Susan followed her.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

i'm still going to watch this movie (eventually), but i'd like to know the end. please spoil me!
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

i would tell you but i don't know how to the spoiler thing.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                                i would tell you but i don't know how to the spoiler thing.
                                i have my answers, via private message.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X