No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Amanda gets more directing gigs in the near future. It helps to keep her working, hopefully for a very long time.
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

i'm sure she will. but to be honest, i'd rather see her in front of the camera. i'll really miss watching her if season 5 doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
        season 4 dvd for sanctuary are now available for pre-order on amazon.com
        Anyone know about extras? I love DVD commentary! Also, I loved the iPod commentaries and wished they hadn't stopped at the beginning of season 3.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

all they said is that there would be bloopers

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
            Anyone know about extras? I love DVD commentary! Also, I loved the iPod commentaries and wished they hadn't stopped at the beginning of season 3.
            Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
            all they said is that there would be bloopers
            In addition to bloopers there was a mention of a deleted scene involving JY so obviously there will be deleted scenes. I haven't heard anything yet about commentaries. I really hope we have commentaries for all episodes.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Had my own little AT thought/moment today at work. We did a quiz of famous mothers in lieu of Mothers day this Sunday, and one of the questions was "Who of Aquataine, was Richard 1 mother?" I just kept hearing Amanda talk about how she one day hoped to play Eleanor of Aquitaine so I was able to tell all our clients the answer as they had no idea. Of course my geekyness didn't stop there as I also got the answer to the Star Wars question - no one got that one either...weird.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                It also says so underneath the picture!
                I was in a rush and didn't even notice.

The Innerspace con special was a bust for those hoping to see more of the Sanctuary panel or an interview with AT. Hope the EP interview will make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  I was in a rush and didn't even notice.

The Innerspace con special was a bust for those hoping to see more of the Sanctuary panel or an interview with AT. Hope the EP interview will make up for it.
                  What we saw last night was the same thing that Innerspace showed of Sanctuary last week, in fact, I think it was that same clip. It was still nice to Innerspace give Sanctuary a shout out, and seeing Amanda and Chris together. They even interviewed Ryan briefly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    Had my own little AT thought/moment today at work. We did a quiz of famous mothers in lieu of Mothers day this Sunday, and one of the questions was "Who of Aquataine, was Richard 1 mother?" I just kept hearing Amanda talk about how she one day hoped to play Eleanor of Aquitaine so I was able to tell all our clients the answer as they had no idea. Of course my geekyness didn't stop there as I also got the answer to the Star Wars question - no one got that one either...weird.
                    I've been doing research on ancestry.com and discovered that Eleanor of Aquitaine is my 26th great grandmother (that's 26 "greats" followed by "grandmother"). I was rather astounded to find that. Ancestry.com has a neat little thing that shows relationship to me and gives a list of the people in the descendant list. Just to be sure, I looked through history books and followed the list down through the centuries, and it would seem to be accurate. Eleanor was first married to King Louis VII of France, had two daughters with him, divorced him, and promptly married King Henry II of England (10 years her junior), and had 10 children with him, including Richard the Lionhearted. I would love to see Amanda play this woman; I think she'd do a marvelous job, since Eleanor had lots of personality traits I could see Amanda portraying. She was also very outspoken for her time (the mid to late 1100's).

I also discovered that Eleanor is a distant ancestor of a friend of mine, whom I've known for over 30 years, and if this is true, that would make us distant cousins. I suspect this is the case with lots of people down through the ages who became friends and don't know that they are remotely related in some way.
                    Last edited by hedwig; 10 May 2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      In addition to bloopers there was a mention of a deleted scene involving JY so obviously there will be deleted scenes. I haven't heard anything yet about commentaries. I really hope we have commentaries for all episodes.
                      Unfortunately commentary is only on selected episodes

From Twitter :

@SanctuarySeries
                      DVD Commentary w @damiankindler @robindunne @ryrobbins telling secrets abt #Sanctuary. Just not all relevant secrets.. http://pic.twitter.com/A7EPUXGL

@SanctuarySeries
                      Not every ep, we carefully selected! / RT @yorkiemischief Excited!!! Will there be audio commentary for every episode?
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post

From Twitter :

@SanctuarySeries
                        DVD Commentary w @damiankindler @robindunne @ryrobbins telling secrets abt #Sanctuary. Just not all relevant secrets.. http://pic.twitter.com/A7EPUXGL

@SanctuarySeries
                        Not every ep, we carefully selected! / RT @yorkiemischief Excited!!! Will there be audio commentary for every episode?
                        Have to admit I am very disappointed by this (but not surprised since we had not heard much news about the DVDs I expected we wouldn't get much).

Comment

Well, I am amazed! When it came up that the season 4 discs were coming, I checked Amazon.co.uk and found that they are due 4th July. I fully expected it to be some weeks (or even months) after Region 1, but found today that it is actually a couple of weeks BEFORE. (faints away!) Somebody is finally realising that making part of the fandom wait months is counter-productive. Halleluja! Common sense is finally breaking out!

Mumsey
                          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post

From Twitter :

@SanctuarySeries

@SanctuarySeries
                            and even more unfortunately, since it's only Damian, RyRo & Robin doing that commentary, we know that not all of the commentaries will have Amanda on them. All of a sudden, season 4 has really become a downer.
                            sigpic

Comment

Season 4 would be a downer if it never came out.
                              we're getting it and they're not holding it hostage indefinitely so....something is better than nothing
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                Season 4 would be a downer if it never came out.
                                we're getting it and they're not holding it hostage indefinitely so....something is better than nothing
                                I agree. We get a season 4 DVD, so let's just be grateful for that and all the other extras they have in mind to show us.
                                Personally I'm really excited about it
                                sigpic
                                Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Working...
                                X