Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of things regarding the Sam/Mitchell leader thing:
    Originally posted by ME!

Major's have a brown or gold embroided patch, whereas Lt. Colonel's have a dark blue.

What does that mean? Well at the time of Lost City, Mitchell had the rank of O5, whereas Carter was only an O4. But - I'm going to guess that Mitchell can't have that much more time in grade than Carter. And that's going by a guesstimate that they're about the same age. So it raises an interesting question:
    Who gets command? The longer-in-grade? Or the more experienced?
    I'm not entirely sure how it would be resolved, but I'm going to think that regulations say the longer-in-grade, whereas logic says the more experienced.
    Originally posted by Me again :)
    Actually I was doing abit of googling, and came across this
    Specifaclly point 1d:
    Originally posted by US Code
    The date of rank of an officer of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps who holds a grade as the result of an original appointment
    and who at the time of such appointment was awarded service credit
    for prior commissioned service or constructive credit for advanced
    education or training, or special experience shall be determined so
    as to reflect such prior commissioned service or constructive
    service.
    Now, if I'm reading that right, Carter COULD have been given 'service credit for prior commissioned service or constructive credit for advanced
    education or training, or special experience' at her promotion to Lt. Col. If so, that would make effectively make her outrank another Lt. Col when it comes to Stargating.
    That makes perfect sense to me - just look at what she's done for the last 8 years in the defence of the planet. Mitchell on the other hand hadn't even seen a Stargate before Avalon. Hmmm.

Of course I could have that all wrong, but hey - I like it
    posted in this thread.

Interesting anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Couple of things regarding the Sam/Mitchell leader thing:

posted in this thread.

Interesting anyone?
      Well you know how I feel about this subject, if it's any consolation.

I wonder why they didn't have anyone address him, though... Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        I'm totally with you Über. Either TPTB are some sick mofos, or they've been planning all along to have her come back and command.

I know this will annoy many people, but she must outrank him to some degree, right? I'm thinking that she and Jack were already promoted by the time
        Spoiler:
        she read him the speech about medals and stuff in the hospital and that he was promoted once he got out

Also...
        Spoiler:
        If none of us can remember him being addressed as a Lt. Colonel in those flashbacks from TLC, then that's gotta be a tell-tale sign as well. They probably won't be having anymore flashbacks (I hope), but if he was an LC at the time, I would think that they would have had him addressed as such.

Then again, the TPTB are tricky, tricky. Maybe they wouldn't have?
        Okay I'm slowly working my way through all the posts I missed while I was at Comic Con.

Here is a thought on the flashbacks
        Spoiler:
        spaz said this They probably won't be having anymore flashbacks (I hope), but if he was an LC at the time, I would think that they would have had him addressed as such.

Well I'm pretty sure we will have more flash backs - we have not seen this yet GW picture of Mitchell - know GW has this picture listed under Avalon so we may see this scene this week.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          Okay I'm slowly working my way through all the posts I missed while I was at Comic Con.

Here is a thought on the flashbacks
          Spoiler:
          spaz said this They probably won't be having anymore flashbacks (I hope), but if he was an LC at the time, I would think that they would have had him addressed as such.

Well I'm pretty sure we will have more flash backs - we have not seen this yet GW picture of Mitchell - know GW has this picture listed under Avalon so we may see this scene this week.
          Yeah! I thought about that after I posted here! I thought that maybe it was a pic from a scene that was cut. Now that the action is starting, I don't know if I can live through anymore flashbacks, but I'm sure they'll serve their purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            That's so cool tsaxlady! It sounds like it was a blast over there! I can't imagine being in a "move theater" setting with a bunch of Stargate fans. Very cool! And it's also interesting that they decided to have some execs from SciFi and Sony there to observe the crowd. I wonder what they thought of the crowd reaction. Based on what you saw, did a lot of people seem to enjoy the premieres. Did anyone boo or hiss at the 10-second openings? Heh heh.

I hope you have a safe trip back home! Take care!
            Yes it was a blast watching the new episodes at CC with so many other fans. There was lots of cheering, laughing, & clapping at different times during the shows.

The SciFi & Sony execs did not stand out I knew who some of them were because I had spent time earlier in the day at the SciFi and Sony booths. The Sony guys were very excited when they found out that I'm currently a Nielsen household. For those that don't know what this means I have a box on my TV that lets Nielsen keep track of everything I watch - this is how the official ratings for TV are gotten. It was funny because one of the people at the Sony booth tried to get me to watch a show I don't to help them with ratings. But they did give me some extra promo stuff while I was at the booth. They seemed very pleased by the reaction to SG1 and Atlantis when I talked to oe of them the next day.

As for the opening of the show - you could tell there were some people there that did not know prior to the start about the change because you could hear people saying things like -"that's it? What hapened to the normal opening?" There was some booing to the opening.

Lots of cheers when the episode started from the Ben Browder fans in attendance (I know the LA Farscape fans club was in attendance they were a couple of rows behind me - and let me tell you there are a couple of them that are very loud and vocal). But there was also a lot of cheering and clapping when AT was on screen the first time. You could hear people say things like - I didn't think we were going to see her until Beach Head that was cool seeing her tonight -

All in all I think people really enjoyed the episodes. In my original post I said 1,000 fans well it was more like 2,000 - The room held 2,500 seats and it was pretty full most of the night. The group I was with arrived around 6:30 for an 8:00 start - so we could get good seats. We did not want to sit right up front (to close to the screen) but we also did not want to be in the back of the room or to far off to the side. We had great seats about 15 rowss back in the center.

Since getting home I have rewatched the episode a couple of times and I really liked it for the most part. Yes it was a little slow in places but that is to be expected when they have to set up new characters. I liked Vala a lot more this time than I did in PU, which was the episode I disliked the most in S8. I like Claudia Black it is the character of Vala that I'm still not over the moon thrilled with, but after this episode I did like the character more and I could stand to see her for a few more episodes. However I would not like to see her every week for a whole season.

We need to remember that although we will get more of this story this week with Avalon Part 2, this was really the first episode of a three parter. Avalon 1, 2 and Origin are all linked together for a three parter.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
              as to transcript
              Spoiler:
              when Jack says "motorcycle" , I don't think he said "my motorcycle just motorcycle".
              Hi Samandan Campers! I've been gone much too long and will NEVER catch up but jumping in here ... yes, the pronoun "my" does not get used with "motorcycle" ... hehehe

Once more into the breach! I think it was a deliberate line to keep the fans engaged and happy! However, I'd rather they keep S/J "engaged and happy"!

Comment

Oooo, I've got fic to share!

Acid Worms, by Beta Candy. Its a P3X-595 fic, you know where Carter drank that stuff that made her take off her-
                Completely gen, humorous team fic from Teal'c's POV. Contains Nekkid!Sam (in a completely PG way of course )

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                  Darn,

Managed 2 read 2 pages now I have to fly - RL - Gets in the way doesn't it!!!
                  Amen, sistah! You and I have to start hanging out again at the Royal Liquor Cabinet ... and catching up on all these posts and newcomers!!

Comment

A Samanda Review

To all Samandans old and new
                    We now have S9 to get through
                    Spoilers here start to abound
                    Hints and hopes to be found

For what's in store for Sam ... we wait
                    Yet what she's done in S1 through 8
                    Has been noted here at our leisure
                    And sent to Amanda for her pleasure

Keeper did a heckuva job
                    Thanks to all who were involved
                    The SaGC Collection is hard to beat
                    May it become, for Amanda, a family treat

When Olivia grows a little older
                    And looks over her tiny shoulder
                    To the big red book on the library shelf
                    And asks "Mommy, is that about yourself?"

Amanda then can sit and share
                    Tales of Carter's "do and dare"
                    Little eyes will open wide
                    As Sam Carter comes alive!

This is what we wish for her

That the gift we give today
                    Actually be put away
                    Saved for moments with the kids
                    Savoring moments of what she did

Sam Carter held us captives all
                    As she thrilled us and enthralled
                    But, alas, time does move on
                    Sam's still with us, but for how long?

Here's hoping that Amanda decides to stay
                    Through Seasons Nine (and Ten!), come what may
                    She seems to be coping with her new mommy role
                    Blending it with Sam, without taking a toll

So here's to Sam Carter
                    May she live long and well
                    We're ready to welcome her back
                    Won't it be swell!

Last edited by ChopinGal; 20 July 2005, 06:50 AM.

Comment

A Royal Samanda Welcome to New Faces and De-Lurkers Extraordinaires

ann_sgcfan
                      crazedturkey
                      Colonel Williams
                      jay (love your location!)
                      maryclaremcdade
                      m_wendy_r
                      Nikkirose
                      jerin
                      And anyone I may have missed in my absence!

Welcome to the Party!

See Page 442, top post by Astrogeologist for a Royal Map of the Kingdom!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...page=442&pp=20
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 20 July 2005, 09:01 AM.

Comment

A quick thank you to tsaxlady and Uber and Kat too for all the links and sights and sounds of the comic con in Burbank! Amanda never looked better - motherhood has added an extra glow!

Thanks again for your efforts! I plan to return the favor and share whatever I bring back from GABIT!

Comment

thanx for making me feel welcome everybody but how could i not come to the best place to talk about the most beautiful scientist out there. (and the smartest)
                          Jack- "As much as I might otherwise think this is nice..."
                          Sam- "Shh, sleep"
                          Jack- "Is that what we're doing?"
                          (Solitudes)

Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team, but there's only one he'd live for: Sam Carter

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            A Samanda Review

To all Samandans old and new
                            We now have S9 to get through
                            Spoilers here start to abound
                            Hints and hopes to be found

For what's in store for Sam ... we wait
                            Yet what she's done in S1 through 8
                            Has been noted here at our leisure
                            And sent to Amanda for her pleasure

Keeper did a heckuva job
                            Thanks to all who were involved
                            The SaGC Collection is hard to beat
                            May it become, for Amanda, a family treat

When Olivia grows a little older
                            And looks over her tiny shoulder
                            To the big red book on the library shelf
                            And asks "Mommy, is that about yourself?"

Amanda then can sit and share
                            Tales of Carter's "do and dare"
                            Little eyes will open wide
                            As Sam Carter comes alive!

This is what we wish for her

That the gift we give today
                            Actually be put away
                            Saved for moments with the kids
                            Savoring moments of what she did

Sam Carter held us captives all
                            As she thrilled us and enthralled
                            But, alas, time does move on
                            Sam's still with us, but for how long?

Here's hoping that Amanda decides to stay
                            Through Seasons Nine (and Ten!), come what may
                            She seems to be coping with her new mommy role
                            Blending it with Sam, without taking a toll

So here's to Sam Carter
                            May she live long and well
                            We're ready to welcome her back
                            Won't it be swell!

This is great Chopingal I love when you write this kind of poems
                            sigpic
                            There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                            If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                            If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                            If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                              Okay that makes more since.
                              Spoiler:
                              Because last weeks episode said that Sam had left to lead the R&D at area 51. I don't know if it was in this thread or another one that suggested Sam was on a ship. Of course it could have just been me miss interrupting something they said.
                              Actually, the reason why someone says that
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam is on a ship is from when she's talking with Cam. She's talking about hyperdrive testing and something else. She is called to the "bridge" and Cam says to her at the end of their conversation that he'll buy her breakfast when she's back on firmer ground. (or something like that, I don't remember exactly). But she must be close to Earth for there is communication between them. Whether it's de Daedalus, Prometheus, or another ship, your guess is as good as mine.
                              sigpic
                              If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                              If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                              If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                                Okay that makes more since.
                                Spoiler:
                                Because last weeks episode said that Sam had left to lead the R&D at area 51. I don't know if it was in this thread or another one that suggested Sam was on a ship. Of course it could have just been me miss interrupting something they said.
                                Actually, the reason why someone says that
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam is on a ship is from when she's talking with Cam. She's talking about hyperdrive testing and something else. She is called to the "bridge" and Cam says to her at the end of their conversation that he'll buy her breakfast when she's back on firmer ground. (or something like that, I don't remember exactly). But she must be close to Earth for there is communication between them. Whether it's the Daedalus, Prometheus, or another ship, your guess is as good as mine.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X