Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    Hey, y'all, a little question I got: What's the best/funniest thing that happened to you or something you've seen at a photo-op session with Amanda?
    Funniest thing that happened to me (well for the others in the room, anyway) would be at AT3, where I was looking behind me (and chatting of course, it being ME and all), and not paying attention to my bottom end, literally bounced right off the last chair to the floor... whoops?
    BEST thing would have been shortly after that ... John took our photo, then asked if we liked it. I didn't even look at it, just blurted out 'if I say no, do I get to hold onto her longer?' (We were hugging for the photo.) Amanda immediately started laughing, which made me laugh, and John snapped a second pic. I started panicking, telling him I liked the first one, and then got so flustered I tried to exit the wrong way, so Amanda grabbed both shoulders and steered me in the correct direction! (To this day, that is my absolutely favourite photo of Amanda and I - yay for semi-candid shot! )

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    I'm tempted to bring a real soap box along to stand on so she doesn't bend over...I've always wondered what she would think if I were to do that - I wonder if I can get a soap box in London??!!
    I'm sure if you ask, someone on the GABIT team will make it happen for you!

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    yep this is the Sam thread...we do the math
    LOL ... so true! Hehehe...

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    I always wanted to be 5'9". It was my goal height (yes I actually had a goal height). It was my goal because my goal was to be at least one inch taller than my mom (who is 5'8"). Unfortunately, reality and genetics conspired to leave me on the other side of the one inch standard... I'm 5'7"...
    Apparently you're supposed to take your height on your second birthday, and double it.
    So by those calculations, I should have hit 6'. Fell a bit short on that goal (am 5'7.5")
    My eldest nephew will be a beanpole if the number crunching works in his case though! *blinks*

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
    Well I guess I have to step in to represent the other side of things... I'm just a hair over 5"10, with barefeet Call me crazy, but I wouldn't have minded another inch. If I'm destined to be tall, might as well go all the way! I was very excited the first time I realized I was taller than Amanda. Heh. It's so weird to "look up" to her so much, but then "look down" when I actually meet her Teehee. Makes me want to hug her all the more.

Yes, I do still own high heels from 2 up to 5 (yes 5) inches high. Still haven't found me a 6"2-6"6 fella though. One of the biggest downsides to being a tall woman who refuses to date anyone shorter... Ah well. I love it.
    Hold the faith - it can happen! My best friend is 5'10". Her fiance is 6'8". They started out as dance partners ... H said she was thrilled to be able to actually wear proper dancing heels again! LOL ...I feel like a little kid when we spend time together though b/c they're both so dang tall...

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    Dude. This is creepy. I don't really know what this "Get Cooking with the Stars" show entails, but during one of my recent Chopped binges it occurred to me how hilarious it would be if we got a whole bunch of our favorite Syfy stars to compete. I narrowed it down to these four: Amanda Tapping, David Hewlett, Torri Higginson, and Chris Heyerdahl.

Don't ask me how I came up with this selection-- I don't know. But I do know that it would have been HILARIOUS. AT probably would have everyone laughing their asses off (she would probably have the best bantering quips out of all of them). And I'd decided that Hewlett would be the first to go (because in theory his dishes should have worked well, but in execution it was lacking), while Torri finishes a distinguished and solid third. Not because she was any worse than the others, but because the others were better in the little technicalities and sparks of creativity.

Now, throughout the competition, AT and CH would be pretty much neck and neck, vying for that first place. And when it all comes down to the dessert challenge, all bets are off. CH pulls off this really awesome high-class dessert-- but AT would win it with an old school comfort food recipe-- maybe something inspired by a family recipe? Something she makes for her own family?

Whatever it is, she ends up winning (because when does she not?) and Chris would be all gentlemanly about it, and they'd hug and share a little kiss like they did at Dragon*Con. And instead of having the winner's testimonial or whatever at the very end, it'd be footage of the inevitable food fight that occurs somewhere, sometime during the competition. Because you know it's gonna happen!

And all that goes to show is that I watch too much Food Network. And I bet this "Get Cooking with the Stars" is absolutely nothing like Chopped... *pouts*
    ...is it a bad thing that I could see this special ep playing out in my head?
    ...or perhaps just a sign that I watch the Food Network too often?
    I know I get crazy dreams when I fall asleep with it playing on the telly! LOL

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
    "*sigh* you blow up one sun & suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water. next up - parting the Red Sea."

I guess next they'll find a way to part the Atlantic Ocean so we can drive to Europe instead of fly.
    Oh I would *SO* love that!!!
    Well I love that quotation anyway, but yes, I think driving to Europe would be an interesting experience to be sure!

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    I think I ask myself that same question at every birthday. When Nik turned 4, she asked me where her 3 went...how on earth do you explain that one...she answered it for me...

Niki: "Mummy, where did my 3 go?"
    Me: "I don't know...where did your three go?"
    Niki: "It went in my tummy!!"

See...where did the time go? Now it's all talk about boys and cars and work and boys...this year I might ask my baby girl where all her 19 years went when she turns 20 in November...though I shall have to do that over the phone from London as I'll be at AT6.
    Awww chelle - we can throw her an away bday party! H's mom and I do that every year since I've come home (we're usually an ocean apart on our bdays)
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
      Apparently you're supposed to take your height on your second birthday, and double it.
      So by those calculations, I should have hit 6'. Fell a bit short on that goal (am 5'7.5")
      My eldest nephew will be a beanpole if the number crunching works in his case though! *blinks*
      Not exactly. For girls, you double the height on the second birthday and you shorten it (I don't know by how many, maybe one or two centimeters), and for boys, you add such a number, maybe one or two centimeters.

Comment

My cousin wants to write a fan-letter to Amanda.
        Does anyone know a current address that's likely to reach her in a semi-timely fashion?
        Thanks!

ames on facebook

Comment

Amanda shouting out to former costar Jewel Staite

Congrats @JewelStaite and @martingero!!!!! @THR: EXCLUSIVE: Bell Media Orders 13 More Episodes of 'The L.A. Complex' http://bit.ly/GG0X5A
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

My cousin wants to write a fan-letter to Amanda.
            Does anyone know a current address that's likely to reach her in a semi-timely fashion?
            Thanks!
            there was an addy on her official site, but you can't get to it right now because of the site rebuilding. i'm not sure if it is still good because it was at the sanctuary studio in burnaby b.c. don't know if that is still open right now. there probably isn't anyone there until they get the word that season 5 is a go. try her FB page-ask whoever is keeping an eye on the site if they have a valid addy.

Comment

she doesnt' have a facebook page. you could try tweeting her for an address, or perhaps suggest it to julia to put it on the revamp (although i'm fairly certain that it'll be on there eventually)
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

the facebook page is "sanctuary tv show". not a personal page, but someone from the sanctuary staff is a mediator or moderator (whatever the right word is) and they might be able to answer your question. they haven't posted much lately, but they are lurking there somewhere. worth a try asking them.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions ladies! =)

ames on facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    @JillBWritePaint It's not too late to donate $7 to @Sanctuary4kids in honor of @amandatapping's daughter's 7th birthday.
                    Gave money in honour of that and my niece's bday.

Funniest thing that happened to me (well for the others in the room, anyway) would be at AT3, where I was looking behind me (and chatting of course, it being ME and all), and not paying attention to my bottom end, literally bounced right off the last chair to the floor... whoops?
                    BEST thing would have been shortly after that ... John took our photo, then asked if we liked it. I didn't even look at it, just blurted out 'if I say no, do I get to hold onto her longer?' (We were hugging for the photo.) Amanda immediately started laughing, which made me laugh, and John snapped a second pic. I started panicking, telling him I liked the first one, and then got so flustered I tried to exit the wrong way, so Amanda grabbed both shoulders and steered me in the correct direction! (To this day, that is my absolutely favourite photo of Amanda and I - yay for semi-candid shot! )

Great story.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Borrowed from Dinoman (thanks):

Retweeted by Gillian Horvath:

"Hey #Sanctuary Fans! Check out SANCTUARY: THE COMPLETE FOURTH SEASON starring #AmandaTapping. Available on BLU-RAY & DVD 7/17!"

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

about Sam's quotes, I really really hate Affinity but I have to admit that I like this quote:

It's bad enough being on your own without every TV show and commercial and magazine ad trying to tell you how abnormal it is.

I think that's what I just said.

I mean, they make you afraid of being alone but at the same time tell you not to settle for anything less than the perfect romantic ideal, like that actually exists anywhere in the real world. I mean, either way you can't win.
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Any one seen this:

http://www.celebs4kids.org/behindthe...Amanda-Tapping

Couldn't agree more with the sparkling eyes and beautiful smile
                          sigpic
                          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                            Any one seen this:

http://www.celebs4kids.org/behindthe...Amanda-Tapping

Couldn't agree more with the sparkling eyes and beautiful smile
                            I bought a pic of her from the gallery when I donated. A high-res version of the one in the gallery is saved on my lappy.

Comment

Amanda Tweeting in support of Adrian Paul's charity

Please check out http://www.celebs4kids.org/ to buy cool celebrity photos, including yours truly and help my friend @adrianpaul1's charity. Xo
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

@amandatapping ((((hug)))))RT @GateworldRocky: @amandatapping Hi, Amanda. My friend, @SanctuaryAngel is feeling a little down. Can you send her a hug?

You know, I'm more happy for SanctuaryAngel. She's not only my best friend, but someone I trust 1000% and I'm proud to know her. I hope this little tweet makes her happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X