No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, come on EH-T. my 83 yr old mother who is queen of the luddites and can't even pronounce the word "web" has a cell phone.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      But the cord will not reach all the way to London! Seriously, do you expect the Luddite to have a cellphone?
      What was I thinking? Guess I could try smoke signals if the wind is just right.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

How is it possible that Sam or Helen aren't in the poll?

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/02/21/vote...-fi-fantasy/2/
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
          How is it possible that Sam or Helen aren't in the poll?

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/02/21/vote...-fi-fantasy/2/

Let's get real Helen and SAnctuary are a blip on Sci-fi radar. But I agree Sam and SG-1 should have been on that poll.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
            Let's get real Helen and SAnctuary are a blip on Sci-fi radar. But I agree Sam and SG-1 should have been on that poll.
            And yet on the same site for the "sexiest male", both Jack O'Neill and Daniel Jackson are listed, while Christopher Judge is not.

I did leave a small note about Samantha Carter not being listed on the female poll, and I also put her name in the suggestion box at the bottom of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              *yawn* Okely dokely - so with regard to the above linked article in reference to Sanctuarys renewal -
              Spoiler:
              my thoughts are only this...BUGGER!
              I know it says that if they get renewed it is likely to be the last season but what happens if they totally blow everyone out of the water with the fifth season? Argh - I still hate SyFy...and I won't be watching Blood & Chrime...ever.
              I'd love to see someone else pick it up if SyFy dumps it...and then I'd love to see it get bigger & better just to annoy SyFy - not that they would give a fig.

Of course this is me dreaming in my little idealistic world...I hate SyFy.

So - what is this CW you speak of?
              THIS!

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you and Michelle are related.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                THIS!
                If I didn't know any better, I'd think you and Michelle are related.
                It's all in the name!! Get a whole lot of Michelles into one room & look out!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                  oh, come on EH-T. my 83 yr old mother who is queen of the luddites and can't even pronounce the word "web" has a cell phone.
                  I love watching our senior citz learning to use the internet - we have one resi who now skypes to her family back in Scotland - it's so cool.
                  My mum refuses to learn how to operate a computer. She thinks the internet is a dangerous thing & wants nothing to do with it...I told her its because she's afraid of it...yep, that went down like a lead balloon. But on the other hand she asks us to look things up on the net for her...kinda contradictive is my mum but she does have a mobile phone...which is annoying some days coz she sends these silly spam msgs of love that say you have to send at least 20 back or bad luck will bite you in the @ss...I wonder if she knows how to delete msgs as well as I do.
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    Hehe. Since I've saving a lot, I plan to at least take part in the AT6 auction. It's not about winning something, it's about the money you'll be giving to S4K and those in need of it.

Hehe, I read the bolded part, and I think of the latest season of Doctor Who, and how the big mystery was a question that would be asked. The question was "Doctor Who?" btw.
                    I was thinking that too!!! Of course, that question's been asked since the beginning of time

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post

www.tvwise.co.uk

so amanda may not be able to give an answer at chevron as to a season 5.

BSG doesn't hold a candle next to Sanctuary!
                    Ack! I didn't even realise that Blood and Chrome was part of the whole BSG universe. This does make me a little more sad...as I tend to think that BSG has a bigger following since it's been around longer in various incarnations. This is still Sanctuary's first kick at the can!

Does anyone know if SyFy is actually producing Blood and Chrome or purchasing the rights like Sanctuary? Because it might just all come down to cost.

I'm off to cheer myself up with some icecream...I really do hope that Sanctuary comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      And yet on the same site for the "sexiest male", both Jack O'Neill and Daniel Jackson are listed, while Christopher Judge is not.

I did leave a small note about Samantha Carter not being listed on the female poll, and I also put her name in the suggestion box at the bottom of the list.
                      Rude.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Actually Teal'c is in the poll.
                        For SGA there are Beckett and Sheppard (but not Ronon). And Teyla.
                        It's a shame that Sam is missing!!!!
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

@amandatapping Hello Londunne!! We are here! @RobinDunne and I are ready to roll. http://lockerz.com/s/186476166

Awesome.

Also, 2 new Amanda pics on the RoaR site. http://randomactsofromance.com/news/

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            I love watching our senior citz learning to use the internet - we have one resi who now skypes to her family back in Scotland - it's so cool.
                            My mum refuses to learn how to operate a computer. She thinks the internet is a dangerous thing & wants nothing to do with it...I told her its because she's afraid of it...yep, that went down like a lead balloon. But on the other hand she asks us to look things up on the net for her...kinda contradictive is my mum but she does have a mobile phone...which is annoying some days coz she sends these silly spam msgs of love that say you have to send at least 20 back or bad luck will bite you in the @ss...I wonder if she knows how to delete msgs as well as I do.

Your Mum sounds just like my sister. She admits that she's scared of the internet - but like Mum will ask me to look things up for her. She also has a mobile but only switches it on when she's out and letting her hubby know which train she's on for him to come get her.

My Mum, on the other hand, would have revelled in the internet. We lost her in 1977, and that was before we had household VCRs, let alone PCs. She was a Mario Lanza fan with pen-pals all over the world. She'd have loved the immediacy of emailing and forums.

Mumsey
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                              Your Mum sounds just like my sister. She admits that she's scared of the internet - but like Mum will ask me to look things up for her. She also has a mobile but only switches it on when she's out and letting her hubby know which train she's on for him to come get her.
                              My Mum, on the other hand, would have revelled in the internet. We lost her in 1977, and that was before we had household VCRs, let alone PCs. She was a Mario Lanza fan with pen-pals all over the world. She'd have loved the immediacy of emailing and forums.
                              Mumsey
                              I remember you mentioning that once before about your mum being a Mario Lanza fan - coz I remember telling you that my grandmother was also a huge fan of his ...but my family are not ones to write fan letters or do the meet & greet thing - not like I do. I broke that mold. In fact I broke a lot of molds when I was born - I still get the eye rolling for going to London for my "StarLight thing"...they can't even get the name right.

My son thinks I should be a politician coz I argue so well ...but given the current situation our current government is dealing with, I'm glad I'm not in politics - I'm too much of a mum & would probably be inclined to send the whole lot to the naughty corner and run the country myself.
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

My mother adored the internet, but for some strange reason felt that she had to print out *everything* and file it! It was insane the amount of filed stuff we had to toss last summer when she passed away. Mostly medical type research on her allergies, but all sorts of stuff that interested her.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X