No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At has also said that while she likes the dark hair, she might go blond again because now her hair looks nothing like Olivia's (or something along those lines).
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
      I'm still toying with the idea of going blonde again ... then again, I'm also toying with the idea of chopping my hair as well ... hmmmm ... ames as a spiky blonde, what d'y'all think? *ponders*
      Better to get a hot,
      Spoiler:
      orgasmic
      car instead.

Comment

Just a heads up guys

As you know Julia is revamping the official AT.com site. And as part of that fanfic isn't going to be archived there anymore. So if you have any fic there that you either want a copy of or any of your stories that you don't have a copy of locally, you should go and save it.

I have no idea the timeline so sooner is better. Pass the word along to anyone you know.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It wouldn't be SG1 without her.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Sky! I assume this will include Symbiosis? That project was a lot of fun and it seems a shame it will no longer be available for reading as Kamil asked for it not to be posted elsewhere. Thanks for the heads up; I saved a copy of it.
            sigpic

Comment

As far as i know ALL fanfic will go. So yeah, anything that's not elsewhere should be saved. Thanks for saving it Jan. If people still want it up you can send it to me along with the list of all the authors and I can put it on my site or on my ff.net account. or if anyone else wants to do it fine with me

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                Just a heads up guys

As you know Julia is revamping the official AT.com site. And as part of that fanfic isn't going to be archived there anymore. So if you have any fic there that you either want a copy of or any of your stories that you don't have a copy of locally, you should go and save it.

I have no idea the timeline so sooner is better. Pass the word along to anyone you know.
                I just visited and was shocked to see a page that wasn't orange. It felt like the thing hadn't been updated in ages. Do you think there'll be a comprehensive list of all of AT's scheduled convention appearances as she commits to them?

Comment

That is a question for Julia. She's the webmistress. I know she's been working for a while and likely will be working for a while.

It is nice that she's revamping it.

sigpic

Comment

That is a question for Julia. She's the webmistress. I know she's been working for a while and likely will be working for a while.

It is nice that she's revamping it.
                    You know what would be nice? If she decided to do something similar to what Kate Ritter did on RDA's site and make a lexicon for Sanctuary on AT's site! Ah well, a girl can dream
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                      I just visited and was shocked to see a page that wasn't orange. It felt like the thing hadn't been updated in ages. Do you think there'll be a comprehensive list of all of AT's scheduled convention appearances as she commits to them?

The site wasn't updated for ages. A couple of years plus in fact before I took it over. I have a massive backlog of articles and Sanctuary episode stuff to collate, format and get up there. But until I've got the redesign in place there is no point in adding more to what will be changed.

The new design is something I've been thinking about doing since I took over management of it but it is absolutely huge as it stands and there is redundant stuff which need removing too. It's a massive job!

I am working on it closely in discussion with Amanda so the website reflects her and reflects a more sophisticated sleeker look for 2012/13. There will also be a better forum. I'm looking at other ways of enhancing it too.

Yes, Convention appearances are something I'd like to have up there when confirmed. And they must be confirmed by her before I put them up.

This is going to take a year probably or more before it is how I envision it to be. Little steps first. The new front page is the template on which the site will be based and we were all delighted with how that turned out, but we will get the rest of the site looking better before we even build the new pages.
                      Having the lovely Denny Ilic collaborating on providing images for the site is quite wonderful!

I hope you'll all enjoy the end result down the line!

Julia
                      To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

As far as i know ALL fanfic will go. So yeah, anything that's not elsewhere should be saved. Thanks for saving it Jan. If people still want it up you can send it to me along with the list of all the authors and I can put it on my site or on my ff.net account. or if anyone else wants to do it fine with me
                        Well I guess we have to find out if all the authors would allow it. Not all the authors are still around so if anyone can contact them and ask that would be great.

Authors as listed on each chapter:
                        Julia Hague
                        Skydiver
                        ShimmeringStar
                        MandySg1
                        Tagger and Denise (is this you or another Denise?)
                        Strix varia
                        ÜberSG-1Fan (LOL didn't have to put Oooober )
                        Scifithinker
                        Chopin Gal
                        Gate Gal
                        Regan X
                        Ann and JanSam
                        Tracy Jane
                        Scarimor
                        NZBG and Ann
                        MegYn and Mandysg1 (ok so MegYn isn't exactly how it is but she'd be disappointed if I didn't capitalize the "Y" )
                        The Dancer of Spaz (do we need to post the code word for her to show up? )
                        Myrth
                        RepliCartertje and Chelle_db
                        LAD & Samcarterrules
                        Minigeek & SG1Poz
                        Kamil
                        sigpic

Comment

I wonder if the other denise was DeeJay? I'd have to read it to know for sure.

we can post here and on our LJ's etc.

Julia Hague
                          Skydiver
                          ShimmeringStar - unknown where she is
                          MandySg1
                          Tagger and Denise (is this you or another Denise?)
                          Strix varia - she's on my lj
                          ÜberSG-1Fan (LOL didn't have to put Oooober ) dropped off the face of the earth as far as I know
                          Scifithinker
                          Chopin Gal - gone elsewhere
                          Gate Gal
                          Regan X
                          Ann and JanSam - here
                          Tracy Jane - not sure where she is now
                          Scarimor - gone elsewhere
                          NZBG and Ann
                          MegYn and Mandysg1 (ok so MegYn isn't exactly how it is but she'd be disappointed if I didn't capitalize the "Y" )
                          The Dancer of Spaz (do we need to post the code word for her to show up? ) - no idea where she is
                          Myrth - no idea where she is
                          RepliCartertje and Chelle_db - still here
                          LAD & Samcarterrules - jula's still here
                          Minigeek & SG1Poz - no idea
                          Kamil - we can e-mail him

sigpic

Comment

I'm sure it was Deejay, I know she was just happy to be part of the project
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Day 5 set photo of Amanda - http://randomactsofromance.com/on-set-dianne/
                              -

Comment

I think we can go for a majority of approval and if any others have issues then we'll handle them as they happen.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X