Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    Thank you!!! I love how when she mentioned she was married 22 years then corrected herself about it. I recall at the dinner the same thing popped up...we talked about our respective hubby's and so forth and she had said she was married for 20 years but I kinda said that I thought it was 17 years as I was married the year before her...and we talked about how we knew our spouses for around the same time plus other stuff that was eerily familiar...very weird how similar our stories were...anway, when she mentioned that in the video, I had to giggle when she corrected herself. Just sayin...brings back lovely fun memories from the dinner.
    What I liked about that part was how she said S4K was the most important thing she's done career-wise apart from being a mom and wife. Now sure she said it like that, but...

Anyway, here's part 2. Amanda Tapping VIP 2011 Part 2

Comment

Best answer at 16:58!!
      I hope there's a part 3.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I hope there's a part 3.
        The uploader tweeted that it will be posted tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          hey, don't feel bad, I finally got mine in the mail yesterday
          Today for me. Received one already - from a fellow Brit. Thanks Sarah!

Mumsey
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Here is a Sam multiship thread if anyone multi ship Sam like I do

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/5...n-Appreciation
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Received my fourth card today ... first one from the exchange though!
              Erm ... mine, on the other hand ... will likely be extending the warm fuzzies into the new year! I bought my stamps yesterday, and have had the cards for well over a month, so now I just need to find the time to address and write them out... I have high hopes of having them in the post before next week! (Y'all still love me, right? *looks hopeful*)

PS: Amanda rocks the rock rock (...in an attempt for ames to stay somewhat on topic and all )
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I hope there's a part 3.
                It is an absolute possibility that I squealed rather loudly when she said that.
                Only a possibility though *glances around innocently*

Spoiler:
                I certainly did not bounce around in my seat giggling, "She's a shipper just like the rest of us!" Noooope not me.
                sigpic
                "I didn't leave...because I'd have rather died myself than lose Carter." (Divide and Conquer)
                My Facebook//My fanfic (LJ)

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Here in Aus, we get 3 days paid leave but only for immediate family...I'm not sure if that applies to step parents or siblings as I know it doesn't apply to aunts/uncles/cousins/nieces/nephews.
                  My boss was very understanding when my dad died. She never asked for proof of any kind. Mind you, I had just told her about my dad's situation just weeks prior to his death.

OT
                  Spoiler:
                  Well how's that for timing. The very day after I made this post about Compassionate Leave, the policy changed at work. We now only get 2 compassionate days a year so if you lose more than one family member you are not covered. Family is considered to be spouse, child, grand parent, parent, and sibling...that's it. No aunts & uncles or step anythings. Documentation of proof of relationship & proof of death must be provided...I hate this. It sounds so cold hearted.
                  We are entitled to 3 days max per year of sick leave without a certificate...everything after that MUST have a doctors certificate. If we don't have one we have to explain to the boss why. That also includes family leave so if you are taking care of your sick kid/spouse, you need to provide a certifictae...which isn't hard but at $65 per visit to the doc, it's not going to be worth it. I'm going to be more inclined to go to work sick and risk spreading any illness I have. And I'm likely to call on others to help if I can't take time off for a sick kiddo or hubby.
                  I already know of several nurses who already go to work with colds and such who really shouldn't be there. Infection control is going to be lost with this new policy.
                  It takes just one rotten apple to abuse the system so that everyone now has to pay.
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I hope there's a part 3.
                    Yep, there is...
                    http://youtu.be/T0O_fJzfvsI
                    -

Comment

OT
                      Spoiler:
                      Well how's that for timing. The very day after I made this post about Compassionate Leave, the policy changed at work. We now only get 2 compassionate days a year so if you lose more than one family member you are not covered. Family is considered to be spouse, child, grand parent, parent, and sibling...that's it. No aunts & uncles or step anythings. Documentation of proof of relationship & proof of death must be provided...I hate this. It sounds so cold hearted.
                      We are entitled to 3 days max per year of sick leave without a certificate...everything after that MUST have a doctors certificate. If we don't have one we have to explain to the boss why. That also includes family leave so if you are taking care of your sick kid/spouse, you need to provide a certifictae...which isn't hard but at $65 per visit to the doc, it's not going to be worth it. I'm going to be more inclined to go to work sick and risk spreading any illness I have. And I'm likely to call on others to help if I can't take time off for a sick kiddo or hubby.
                      I already know of several nurses who already go to work with colds and such who really shouldn't be there. Infection control is going to be lost with this new policy.
                      It takes just one rotten apple to abuse the system so that everyone now has to pay.
                      OT
                      Spoiler:
                      Thank heavens as school teachers we are extended 10 days of sick leave per year. With all we are exposed to, it often becomes necessary! I've been very lucky this year so far - only one half day to see the doctor - but last year was miserable. Three days isn't enough by any means.
                      sigpic

Comment

@JuliaHague Fantastic news! Fantastic fans! Love you all! xox RT @sanctuary4kids: AT6 House is now built. We have raised $10000! That is so wonderful!

@amandatapping Wow!!!!! Thank you!!!! Xo RT @sanctuary4kids: AT6 House is now built. We have raised $10000! That is so wonderful!

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          Great interview.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                            Today for me. Received one already - from a fellow Brit. Thanks Sarah!

Mumsey
                            You're more than welcome Mumsey. Hope the others get theres ok!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              @JuliaHague Fantastic news! Fantastic fans! Love you all! xox RT @sanctuary4kids: AT6 House is now built. We have raised $10000! That is so wonderful!
                              @amandatapping Wow!!!!! Thank you!!!! Xo RT @sanctuary4kids: AT6 House is now built. We have raised $10000! That is so wonderful!
                              A new house has started - #HelensHouse - wouldn't it be cool to have one more house by Christmas.

I wrote out all the cards last night...or rather this morning. My fingers doth protest...not used to holding a pen. I kept thinking how on earth do the celebs manage to do so many signatures when at events...owie!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

A new house has started - #HelensHouse - wouldn't it be cool to have one more house by Christmas.

I wrote out all the cards last night...or rather this morning. My fingers doth protest...not used to holding a pen. I kept thinking how on earth do the celebs manage to do so many signatures when at events...owie!!
                                I'm glad another house is ready to go, and I'll be helping to build it of course.

Glad you're done, Chelle, and I hope your fingers feel better.

Comment

Working...
                                X