Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
    Video: Amanda & Robin Dunne at the Syfy Digital Press Tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5RSUpCfSTg
    For some reason my YouTube downloaders doesn't want to download this video.

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    OMG, she's adorable. And that's just her outfit. Just wait until I can sit down and watch the actual video
    Amanda is always adorable and I'm having trouble coming up with superlatives with which to describe her.
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Don't look Jan

Spoiler:
      OMG the shoes!!!!!
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
        Amanda is always adorable and I'm having trouble coming up with superlatives with which to describe her.
        What was that interview about again? Sorry, I was distracted by her legs.

They looked LONG in that skirt (maybe a dress, with the Thing 1 shirt over top...). And her shoes were fabulous. One day I'll have a wardrobe like hers... *girl can dream*

Comment

It's almost holiday time again, and that means Shipsgiving!

Spoiler:

To help spread the word, Nolamom has not only made this lovely invite, she has also prepared a matching sig and avatar set:

Feel free to use them so everyone you interact with on the forum will see your love of Sam and Jack and know about the big party. And spread the word to shippers new and not so new.

Looking forward to sharing a day celebrating the joy that is Sam and Jack!
          See you there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Don't look Jan
            Spoiler:
            OMG the shoes!!!!!
            OMG...the shoes are...high!!! She doesn't need extra lift, she's tall enough. Holy buckets, how does one walk in those beasties!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hand Love Message to Amanda Tapping from her fans (made by @marionl33)

sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Thank you for sharing this but I have to say, am I the only one who feels that this interview was quite rude? I don't know about you guys but I can't imagine sitting there trying to speak to a room full of people who are busy eating & making a lot of noise with their cutlery, would be an enjoyable/pleasurable or anything good thing to do. I know I'd feel like walking out & coming back when peoples attention was where it should be. It's rude.

But I do love the shoes...& the shirts...cute shirts!! I want the shirts while daughter wants the shoes.
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  Thank you for sharing this but I have to say, am I the only one who feels that this interview was quite rude? I don't know about you guys but I can't imagine sitting there trying to speak to a room full of people who are busy eating & making a lot of noise with their cutlery, would be an enjoyable/pleasurable or anything good thing to do. I know I'd feel like walking out & coming back when peoples attention was where it should be. It's rude.

But I do love the shoes...& the shirts...cute shirts!! I want the shirts while daughter wants the shoes.
                  I had the EXACT same thought! OMG, all the noise bothered me like crazy. I kept thinking that those two must be real good sports for doing a panel like that. One of my biggest pet peeves is trying to talk OVER someone/something. If I don't think people are listening, I just stop talking and figure if they DID notice, and if they DID want to hear, they'd give me an opening later. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, but at least I gave myself the respect of being like "don't be ignored, dude".

But as far as this interview goes, I think maybe the cutlery sounds were exacerbated by the position of the camera taking the footage... I'm actually really hoping so, because them two deserve better than that

Oh, and btw, I like how you and yours have things divvied up! I would love to have her legs. But I won't steal them. I'll earn mine the good old fashioned way. That way they'll last longer, and I figure every fangirl in the world would hate me if stole AT's legs...

I actually really like the presentation of the whole outfit. The clash of casual/fancy is incredibly appealing to me. Always has been.

Comment

There is another video on YT from another angle & the sound is just as bad. I'm surprised they conducted an interview like this...very unprofessional.
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

There is another video on YT from another angle & the sound is just as bad. I'm surprised they conducted an interview like this...very unprofessional.
                      But what about the guests? If I'd been there I wouldn't have been able to eat with Amanda being interviewed a couple of feet away...

Comment

The whole situation annoyed me to the extent that I stopped watching in the first minute. They deserved better than that!

Mumsey
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

I have come to the opinion that people have lost any sense of what used to be "common" courtesy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else do a panel like that?

Comment

The shirts were kind of cute, but given that it was a raised dias the skirt was a mistake--not something I'd want to see. The shoes were ridiculous. I know they're the in style right now, but yuck! It's just a fad.

And it was a luncheon. That means you are supposed to eat. Were the people invited there to just look at the food on their plates? No. They were meant to eat and listen. The cutlerly wasn't that loud and even it if were, they should have set up the event differently if they wanted people just staring up at them in silent awe or they could have ordered sandwiches.

Comment

At a luncheon of course folks are expected to eat. The people arranging things should have planned it better though - your comment about sandwiches is actually not a bad idea. I've been to plenty of luncheons with speakers with varying degrees of success depending a great deal on the menu of all things. Some foods that are very distracting to eat, i.e. take a lot of concentration and need to use both a knife and fork, can really take away from the focus of the event. Just serving something that doesn't require a knife to cut it up would reduce noise levels and distraction of guests. Just my two cents.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X