No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<bounces on bridge>> Mwahahahahahaha! I thought people were waiting for something Sanctuary yesterday. Eh.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      So, was there a panel on Sunday too?
      Yes. At 1pm. It was really cute. Much better than the Friday panel. I'm sure it's on you tube somewhere.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        Yes. At 1pm. It was really cute. Much better than the Friday panel. I'm sure it's on you tube somewhere.
        I wasn't at the panel on Fri, but I was at the one on Sun, and I had a great time. It was so great seeing the 3 of them up there like that.

Comment

sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

cute sam fic

http://lunatic-z.livejournal.com/9986.html
            Ficlet - SG-1 - Diplomacy
            Title: Diplomacy
            Rating: PG? Maybe just G.
            Spoilers: S9's "The Scourge"
            Disclaimer: None of it's mine but the dialogue.
            Summary/Note: A missing scene from "The Scourge," in which Sam finds messing with Daniel more fun than babysitting hostile diplomats. Mostly written just for the sake of writing something after a dry spell in this fandom. We're talking no plot, no extrapolation beyond what's given in canon, no intense revelations, only shippy if you squint hard...hence, a ficlet. Thanks to my beta, who helped even though there was no cave sex.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S78wTFB2EY&feature=channel_video_title
              That's Part 1
              Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9ao3pEKhoc
              Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7uZt3fFc84
              Part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y566BKLEHug
              Part 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-LS5tON23I

Made sure of the links this time
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I really like this episode. I loved the idea of a race more advanced but choosing to do things peacefully and keeping their technological advancement a secret. We saw a lot of soldier Sam in this one. I didn't care for the way Sam and Daniel broke cover when Jack went down; granted both are inexperienced but I would think Sam at least had enough training to not just jump up during battle. I would hope Teal'c insisted on some training for the two team members after they got back from this mission.
                sigpic

Comment

I didn't really like the Nox. I guess I'm a little like Jack, in that I always thought they were just a little too condescending and the stick-hair wigs were way too much for my imagination to get past. But, I did like the invisible city in the sky and there were several opportunities to bring them back over the series. This was one episode where everything didn't come out rosy, which is good to have every once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                    I didn't really like the Nox. I guess I'm a little like Jack, in that I always thought they were just a little too condescending and the stick-hair wigs were way too much for my imagination to get past. But, I did like the invisible city in the sky and there were several opportunities to bring them back over the series. This was one episode where everything didn't come out rosy, which is good to have every once in a while.

Well to me, SG-1 was a little arrogant to the Nox thinking only they knew how best to handle the situation. And I agree, I liked that everything didn't come out rosy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Would love to hear from you, since you were there in person, as to why you thought the Sunday panel was much better.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      I wasn't at the panel on Fri, but I was at the one on Sun, and I had a great time. It was so great seeing the 3 of them up there like that.

So did you meet AT?

Originally posted by JanSam View Post

I really like this episode. I loved the idea of a race more advanced but choosing to do things peacefully and keeping their technological advancement a secret. We saw a lot of soldier Sam in this one. I didn't care for the way Sam and Daniel broke cover when Jack went down; granted both are inexperienced but I would think Sam at least had enough training to not just jump up during battle. I would hope Teal'c insisted on some training for the two team members after they got back from this mission.
                      I agree with everything you said. I realise they needed to shoot Sam for the plot but I thought they could have written it better so she did not seem like a totally incompetent airman. Daniel, yes, but Sam would never stand up and yell and make herself an easy target.

Love her contact with the boy and cute moment when she wakes up and says "hey, what are you doing?".

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        I agree with everything you said. I realise they needed to shoot Sam for the plot but I thought they could have written it better so she did not seem like a totally incompetent airman. Daniel, yes, but Sam would never stand up and yell and make herself an easy target.
                        She does the exact same thing in Heroes 7 years later. How do you explain that? I don't think it's just inexperience.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                          She does the exact same thing in Heroes 7 years later. How do you explain that? I don't think it's just inexperience.
                          I'd have to watch both scenes again but I don't think the circumstance were that similar. In Heroes, she didn't stand straight up making herself a large target, she went to aid a fallen comrade and her friend while other SGC personnel were giving cover fire. I also believe the positions both her and Jack were in, she was on a large incline which made getting to him quickly unlikely, make a difference as do the number of reinforcements available.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            I would agree with this. And I think she would have done the same thing had it been Daniel or Teal'c. And probably for Dixon (if he'd been shot), as he was more or less right next to Jack.

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                            I'd have to watch both scenes again but I don't think the circumstance were that similar. In Heroes, she didn't stand straight up making herself a large target, she went to aid a fallen comrade and her friend while other SGC personnel were giving cover fire. I also believe the positions both her and Jack were in, she was on a large incline which made getting to him quickly unlikely, make a difference as do the number of reinforcements available.
                            I'd have to watch the episode again, but I think they were Sam, Jack, Dixon, etc. were all on a fairly flat area, and Sam wasn't that far away from Jack and Dixon.

I think that Daniel, Janet and Wells were on a bit of an incline, since Wells and his buddy were walking through what looked to be a bit of a slope-y type area when Wells got shot.

If you're referring to an incline for "The Nox", she was higher than Jack on some big rocks, which would have made it harder for her to get to him. They were all in a sort of "corridor" between two rock walls, and they had each hidden behind a bunch of large rocks, with Daniel and Sam up higher than Jack.

Comment

I explain it as 'to heck with the character, make my plot work'
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                I explain it as 'to heck with the character, make my plot work'
                                yep I agree, just lazy <beep> writing
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X