No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, skiffy has butchered the music. it's even butchered on the ondemand version

if i want the full music i'll have to wait for the dvd's apparently
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
      I actually love them both! I'm not sure I think either is the "ideal" Sanctuary theme, but hey. I was very startled by the new one, at first, but soon realized I actually love it. I sing along I know there's been lots of drama about it, but should it reaaally matter so much? I don't think a change in theme song will really lose them viewership, will it? After all, the show itself is only getting more brilliant by the week!
      it doesn't really, it's just something to talk about.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        yeah, skiffy has butchered the music. it's even butchered on the ondemand version

if i want the full music i'll have to wait for the dvd's apparently
        You can find the full version on YT.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          it doesn't really, it's just something to talk about.
          Naw, I know I just hear about people, not necessarily on GW, who perhaps take it a bit too seriously

I'll say again, I loves it. Thank goodness I live in Canada!
          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Naw, I know I just hear about people, not necessarily on GW, who perhaps take it a bit too seriously

*Digs self out from under snow*

Are you sure?

Yea, I've grown to like the new music too, could be because we do get the whole version...and now after the podcast every time I hear it I picture Damian playing it on his guitar and Amanda dancing to it
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Are you sure?

Yea, I've grown to like the new music too, could be because we do get the whole version...and now after the podcast every time I hear it I picture Damian playing it on his guitar and Amanda dancing to it
              has anyone figured out what they're saying in the song?

~waits for someone to put in their own lyrics... keeps waiting... ~
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for hte card rocky
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Are you sure?

Haha, well, Ms. Easterner, Vancouver's only had two big snows so far, both of which are now completely gone, so... We'll see what I say once this prophesied "Worst Vancouver winter in 55 years" happens! I definitely imagine the same scene, heh.

I KNOW! I always did love the Stargate theme lyrics...

I forget where, but in some interview/podcast they said Andrew Lockington uses several different languages within his music, including Pig Latin at times! Lol. They could well be singing about donkeys and gingersnaps, for all we know

On a different note: It was apparently my 6th Anniversary of Gateworld three days ago...! Aaaah! Seems like I've been on here (if lurking, for months/years at a time) for an age! I'm in a silly mood, so in honour of my late-anniversary, I post a silly pic:

Last edited by MajorSam; 07 December 2010, 05:35 PM.

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    Thanks for hte card rocky
                    You're welcome. Glad to know 2 people have already gotten cards from me.

Comment

Haha, well, Ms. Easterner, Vancouver's only had two big snows so far, both of which are now completely gone, so... We'll see what I say once this prophesied "Worst Vancouver winter in 55 years" happens! I definitely imagine the same scene, heh.

Cause you know you deserve it

On a different note: It was apparently my 6th Anniversary of Gateworld three days ago...! Aaaah! Seems like I've been on here (if lurking, for months/years at a time) for an age! I'm in a silly mood, so in honour of my late-anniversary, I post a silly pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...h_atsml4oi.jpg
                      Happy Anniversary Sammo
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Happy Anniversary Sammo
                        Uh no, I realized I missed my 3 year anniversary here on GW. Oh well, It's still been a great 3 years, and I've had a lot of fun in fandom, and all it's brought me.

Comment

Cause you know you deserve it

Happy Anniversary Sammo
                          *Gasps and wipes face off* Cheeky bugger I have to go make some tea or something to warm up now!

Thanks

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          Uh no, I realized I missed my 3 year anniversary here on GW. Oh well, It's still been a great 3 years, and I've had a lot of fun in fandom, and all it's brought me.
                          Happy 3rd to you Isn't fandom swell?

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

so there's a debate between the original vrs new sanctuary theme... i realized i'm not all that crazy about either one. a preference for the original, though, but really, i think something a little more dynamic could be created. just my opinion.
                            I would probably be able to appreciate the new one a little more if I could hear the whole thing. I've only heard it once, and didn't like it, but I wasn't expecting it. I liked the old opening. As far as the music, I actually like the webisode theme the best. Then by season 2, I was really enjoying the tv theme. Then the whole thing got butchered and we get 10 seconds of something that I can't even begin to like because I never get to really hear it. Stupid networks.

Luckily none of it has any effect on the awesomeness of the show.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Apparently it's in a mix of languages, including pig latin. I read that somewhere. Maybe on twitter?
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

so there's a debate between the original vrs new sanctuary theme... i realized i'm not all that crazy about either one. a preference for the original, though, but really, i think something a little more dynamic could be created. just my opinion.
                                im personally not a fan, i find it jarring... i liked the old theme, plus to me a theme song is a shows identity, you hear it anywhere and know what its for... im not a fan of them changing... but maybe thats just me

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
                                I don't particularly care for the new 10 second theme. I was rewatching some season 1 episodes and I realized just how much I miss the original theme.
                                me too...

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                                happy anniversaries!

got another card today - thanks chelle
                                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Working...
                                X