Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
    Wanted to share this with someone else, but is has been deleted by the user.
    Bah humbug to the user that deleted it....I wanted to see it too!
    sigpic

Comment

I'm rewatching Sanctuary S2 in prep for the upcoming season premiere. What do y'all think of Helen's heavy makeup? I disklike it. A lot. I think she's so much prettier when they approach the makeup with a light hand. JMHO. Curious what others' opinions are.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        I'm rewatching Sanctuary S2 in prep for the upcoming season premiere. What do y'all think of Helen's heavy makeup? I disklike it. A lot. I think she's so much prettier when they approach the makeup with a light hand. JMHO. Curious what others' opinions are.
        i can't really say i noticed that much. i can think of a couple of eps, but one of them was in s1.

so it must not have been a big (enough) deal for me to have noticed.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          i can't really say i noticed that much. i can think of a couple of eps, but one of them was in s1.

I don't think I noticed the first time through. But in several eps in S2 she's got a dark smokey eye and ultra pale pink lips. I'm finding it distracting.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I'm rewatching Sanctuary S2 in prep for the upcoming season premiere. What do y'all think of Helen's heavy makeup? I dislike it. A lot. I think she's so much prettier when they approach the makeup with a light hand. JMHO. Curious what others' opinions are.

I don't think I noticed the first time through. But in several eps in S2 she's got a dark smokey eye and ultra pale pink lips. I'm finding it distracting.
            IMHO, a lot of make-up only covers AT's true natural beauty. A little make-up is fine, lipstick, and a little eye shadow is fine, and it does help Amanda look very beautiful, but she looks very beautiful naturally.

Comment

I sometimes love it, sometimes don't. With my rewatch of all SG, she has horrid orange looking lipstick for a while in the early seasons as well which I can't stand. Besides all the hair issues

With Sanctuary, I like that Helen wears more makeup, just like I like her sexier clothes. I think it's just the way the lady rolls... however, sometimes it's a bit much. There were times in The Five, S1, when her and Tesla were wandering the catacombs where I was really distracted by it. The dark lighting of the scenes combined with dark makeup just didn't work for me. Sometimes just one random scene in a random episode will bug me. But then there are eps like Requiem and Next Tuesday where she's literally washed free of all make-up and it balances out for me.

So many of Amanda's photos from RL are light on make up, and highlight her outrageous natural beauty that I enjoy Sanctuary giving me a done-up Amanda. I just like her always, pretty much, lol, though I do prefer the more natural when talking about Amanda herself. Helen's a different person, and I usually like the way she looks

This all being said, I do also enjoy mad whumped-up make up on Sam/Helen! Especially Death Knell. Dirtyness and blood highlight her amazing blue eyes, hahah.
              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

i just started watching sg1 online, with hulu.com. i haven't watched these episodes in YEARS. i really forgot just how wonderful and *special* this series was, even at the beginning. what a truly wonderful cast and likable group of characters!!

sally

sigpic

Comment

i just started watching sg1 online, with hulu.com. i haven't watched these episodes in YEARS. i really forgot just how wonderful and *special* this series was, even at the beginning. what a truly wonderful cast and likable group of characters!!

I am doing the same thing I am in season 2 now I love it that hulu is streaming all 10 seasons of SG-1!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                    I am doing the same thing I am in season 2 now I love it that hulu is streaming all 10 seasons of SG-1!
                    well, i had told myself that when sam/jack was finally and truly finalized (confirmed), i'd buy the seasons of sg1 on dvd. well, i'm still waiting , but that darned syndication pulled me in, and now i'm impatient with their two-eps-on-sundays sessions! hulu works.

but if when s/j's confirmed in the 3rd sg1 movie
                    Spoiler:

from fretting
                    i'll go out and buy those dvds!

sam was so darned cute back then!!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

did you hear, sam, that you're a great character?

sally

sigpic

Comment

well, i had told myself that when sam/jack was finally and truly finalized (confirmed), i'd buy the seasons of sg1 on dvd. well, i'm still waiting , but that darned syndication pulled me in, and now i'm impatient with their two-eps-on-sundays sessions! hulu works.

Spoiler:

from fretting

lol.. way to stick to your principles!! and yeah sam was cute back then
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

from fretting

Yup, Sam was cute, and yup, I've been waiting for Sam/Jack resolution since the beginning too. It's madness.
                          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

lol.. way to stick to your principles!! and yeah sam was cute back then
                            sam went from cute to beautiful.

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                              Yup, Sam was cute, and yup, I've been waiting for Sam/Jack resolution since the beginning too. It's madness.
                              a madness indeed!

i'm having fun rediscovering my smilies
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Indeed, they all brought something special to the screen, and they truly brought the audience along with them on their adventures.

I watched all the Stargate eps, SG-1, Atlantis, and the 2 movies in chronological order, my marathon ran from Jan 2009 - Jan 2010. I miss it a lot, I would watch an ep or 2 at midnight, and I'd watch them downstairs on the big screen TV. Oh, I even had a little hiatus between seasons.

did you hear, sam, that you're a great character?

She'll always be a great character, and so is Helen. Why? Because they're both played by 1 GREAT actress, Amanda... something.
                                Last edited by Rocky89; 05 October 2010, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X