No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ See what one innocent comment wrought?

Great job, Jan!
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

omg, this is so cheesy...

i love it!!
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        She said that at TSE as well. In Amanda's mind, Helen has not let gender determine her.
        When did she say that? I read some reviews/articles about the event, and I don't remember that.

Cliff is a great idea! Helen did make a comment about being with a Beatle. Cliff could play a passable George.
        Thanks.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
        in my mind helen being bi was as much an established part of her character as her being a mother as soon as AT made the comments about being with strong women throughout history as well...
        However they do it, I know AT will do it with class, and portray this new challenge of hers to the best of her abilities. AT would NOT play it as a way to act hot as some joke, she would take it seriously give fans a chance to see her in a new way.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        i'm aquarius and can be a control freak. I have my way of doing things, and it works for me, so please let me do it...in fact, at times, i'd rather shun help and put things away the 'right' way than accept it and then have to 'fix' what they do wrong (like when people help me with putting away the projectors and laptops, certain cords go in certain places and bags and please don't just cram it wherever....i put stuff away 'in its place' so i know where it is and don't have to go looking for it or get caught by it being in teh wrong place)

other times....dude, close enough is fine
        I don't let anyone do things unless I know I can't do it myself, and I feel violated if I lose control, kinda like Dexter. Do you find it frustrating being like that some times?

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        Cheeky bugger!

I won't press this too far coz I know not many would agree with me but I don't understand why it's not possible for Helen to love again. Yes she has lost a lot of people she has loved and she knows this will continue for as long as she lives but does that mean she simply gives up on love again...ever? I'm inclined to think that almost sounds too unrealistic. You can't help who you fall in love with...so how does Helen avoid falling in love with someone for fear of losing them - eventually? I'm just not totally convinced.
        I agree with you young Chelle. Helen can fall in love again, but she may just be scared of having to face that pain again. You're right, you can't help who you fall in love with, but maybe Helen would not try to pursue anything with someone to avoid more hurt.

Looks like I wasn't the only one to fall into the gutter with Sally's remark! That was a doozy. Been a while since I stepped into the gutter around here...thanks Sally!
        That's Sally for you.

Virgo:
        Spoiler:
        Modest and shy
        Meticulous and reliable
        Practical and diligent
        Intelligent and analytical
        Fussy and a worrier
        Overcritical and harsh
        Perfectionist and conservative

Virgo is the only zodiacal sign represented by a female. It is sometimes thought of as a potentially creative girl, delicately lovely; sometimes as a somewhat older woman, intelligent but rather pedantic and spinsterish. The latter impression is sometimes confirmed by the Virgoan preciseness, refinement, fastidious love of cleanliness, hygiene and good order, conventionality and aristocratic attitude of reserve. They are usually observant, shrewd, critically inclined, judicious, patient, practical supporters of the status quo, and tend toward conservatism in all departments of life. On the surface they are emotionally cold, and sometimes this goes deeper, for their habit of suppressing their natural kindness may in the end cause it to atrophy, with the result that they shrink from committing themselves to friendship, make few relationships, and those they do make they are careful to keep superficial.

The Virgo character is precise, refined, and a lover of cleanliness, hygiene and order. Conventional, with a rather reserved manner.They are usually observant, shrewd, critical, and patient. Virgos are undemonstrative due to a coolness in their nature. Very selective, and non committal in friendship, they prefer to keep relationships on a superficial basis.
        Personal Traits
        Quietly reserved, Virgos are polite and soft spoken people. Unassuming, outwardly cheerful and agreeable, they can be sensible, discreet, wise and witty, with an understanding of other people's problems which they tackle with deftness. Virgos find their friends among those who can help them move up the social strata. They like to associate with achievers.
        Both sexes have considerable charm and dignity. In marriage they can be genuinely affectionate, and make good partners and parents. They are meticulous planners, considering every detail and its effect.
        There is seldom much room for emotional involvement because the mind is always engaged and dominant. What they lack in passion they make up for in preciseness.When confronted with obstacles, they stay calm and rational and work on finding a solution rather than loosing their cool. This calmness is sometimes seen as being cold and calculating. In spite of this, Virgos are friendly and outgoing people
        Virgoans are essentially tacticians, admirable in the attainment of limited objectives. They have a basic distrust in their nature, not only of other people but themselves as well. They project this mistrust to others and therefore make exacting employers. Although, they will never ask anyone to do what they won't do, it is still asking a lot, because most people will not go to the pains a Virgo will.
        Positive Traits
        Their mental bend gives them the ability to analyze and solve the most complicated problems. Virgos have a wonderful eye for detail and often neglect the overall issues. Hard workers and conscientious, they are perfectionists with little tolerance for shoddy work. There is no place in their world for people who are footloose and fancy free.
        More concerned with the outcome than the process, Virgos lack spontaneity.
        Main positve traits: Practical, analytical, neat, industrious, detailed.
        Negative Traits
        On the negative side, Virgos have a penchant for turning molehills into mountains, difficulties into stress and cleanliness into obsessive behavior. There is a need to pay attention to health concerns, particularly those related to overt stress. Virgos are predisposed to worry and hypochondria. They can make themselves so useful to others, it often leaves them vulnerable to exploitation. They need to avoid being shy or inhibited when it comes to dealing with others interests as well as with their personal interests .
        Main negative traits: Fault -finding, cynical, shyness, perfectionist, worrying, critical of self/others.
        Profession
        Due to the Virgo preference for detail rather than the big picture, they make better workers than they do leaders. They are practical, mental people, possessing inquiring and logical minds. In this respect, they make excellent students, and good teachers. Practical and good with their hands, they are excellent technicians and have good inventive talents.
        Virgos possess a strong potential for the arts, sciences and language. They are well suited for any career where analysis, detail and precision are required. They make excellent programmers, accountants, and statisticians. Many go into medicine, law, and the teaching profession. With an avid interest in history, some Virgos make excellent writers and researchers.
        Wow, a lot of that sounds like AT.

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
        Happy Birthday Kat!

Rocky: Keep trying but I shall never truly die! *neener, neener, neener*
        One can try.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
          http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/974/017helenmagnus2.jpg

Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            I believe they are showing the BBC version.
            Don't know if I'll checkout the skiffy version or not. I love the BBC one.

Originally posted by suse View Post
            Not from what they were saying at The Sanctuary Experience. They might give in on some stuff, but only because they realize they need to pick their battles.
            And really, no one wants to get death stare #17
            I think I had #13 directed at me.

so she's 00Magnus, with a license to glare

and smut fic too
            I may have run across some of those.

Awesome!
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

haha, neat

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              However they do it, I know AT will do it with class, and portray this new challenge of hers to the best of her abilities. AT would NOT play it as a way to act hot as some joke, she would take it seriously give fans a chance to see her in a new way.
              i didnt doubt that it would be done in a tasteful and story suitable manner... i cant see sanctuary using helens sexuality for shock value or as a conversational piece... if they choose to explore helens dating past i believe they will handle it properly (male or female)... plus amanda seems to know what she is looking to portray, so she would no doubt get input into it as well...
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                I could see her not seeking a relationship at this point in her life but falling for someone anyway--but still they'd never measure up to John. Because John was her big love and his wonderfulness (before he went Ripper ) is fixed in her mind. If she could only have the old John back...
                I think he'll always be the one love of her life that she'll always love...if that makes any sense? And I'm sure Amanda has said something along the lines of this too. There is definitely something special between those two that I don't think time can ever erase.
                so ends the quantum physics...quantum mechanics....ah quantum drinking on my part
                The 3 Q's in life...I've got the quantum drinking licked but the other two require a higher brain function that the quantum drinking is blocking!
                Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i LOVE ship, so i agree!
                Me too.
                Originally posted by siles View Post
                Unless said mate is part of the Sanctuary, like Will, Henry or... THE BIG GUY /runs off
                *slap* Cheeky monkey!
                thanks heaps for all the bday wishes! i went to see tim mcgraw in concert and it was awesome!
                Tim McGraw - cool. I love country music...we're going to see Lee Kernaghan in November...can't wait to put on my cowgirl hat and flannelete shirt and dance with the girls!
                And really, no one wants to get death stare #17
                is this worse than death stare #16?
                Nope, just different. Apparently notes have been added to the scripts regarding Amanda's death stares. They are numbered.
                are they all aimed at martin?
                ...oh bugger. I missed the fun but what a cracker. When ranking the death stares, is higher the number a more deadlier stare or does the death stare become worse as the numbers increase?
                Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                Now this comment reminds me of the SG-1 episode 200, when Jack was invisible and he paid a visit to Sam in the shower room. Lots of fun speculation about invisible lovers!
                I loved that scene...I loved how she just went right back to showering even though she knew he was in the room like it really wasn't a problem.
                and smut fic too
                *nods emphatically* Lets not forget the smut fics.
                Sweeeeeet!!!
                Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                I think I had #13 directed at me.
                Better directed at you than the other way around.

Fun day in the thread. Yay!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Tim McGraw - cool. I love country music...we're going to see Lee Kernaghan in November...can't wait to put on my cowgirl hat and flannelete shirt and dance with the girls!
                  yep it was an awesome night! i love country music as well! have fun at lee kernaghan!

Fun day in the thread. Yay!
                  hasnt it just
                  "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Nope, just different. Apparently notes have been added to the scripts regarding Amanda's death stares. They are numbered.
                    LOL, that's kinda hilarious. I'm pretty new to this fandom, but OT fandom/death glares:
                    Spoiler:
                    Anyone watch BSG? I wore glasses my entire life until May when I had PRK, and my friends were all worried that they would no longer know when I was p*ssed because without glasses I couldn't do the "Roslin glare." I had to reassure them that I didn't need glasses to do the look.

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                    DO you think she was being cheeky? The key word being "maybe"? In the commentary she adamantly said that she (Helen) did not sleep with Tesla. But hey... I guess she can change her mind. I personally hope not... not that I don't like Tesla, he's a great character and he and Helen have great scenes together. I just don't like the possibility of her sleeping with ALL of her old colleagues. It's just too soap-operay, and it makes Helen out to be easy. (IMO!)
                    Yeah probably! But I also think she was laughing when Martin? started talking in such a way that it seemed as though she had slept with all of the five and she yelled about not having done so. It's all fun and speculation.

and smut fic too
                    Woo!
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post

Yeah probably! But I also think she was laughing when Martin? started talking in such a way that it seemed as though she had slept with all of the five and she yelled about not having done so. It's all fun and speculation.
                      Yes, I think Martin was teasing & maybe trying to get that reaction out of AT.

Comment

You need to post a warning before writing something like that because I spit my water all over my keyboard when I laughed.
                        Seriously, that was funny.
                        haha, neat

i didnt doubt that it would be done in a tasteful and story suitable manner... i cant see sanctuary using helens sexuality for shock value or as a conversational piece... if they choose to explore helens dating past i believe they will handle it properly (male or female)... plus amanda seems to know what she is looking to portray, so she would no doubt get input into it as well...
                        I agree Kat. I doubt they would doing anything exploitative. I remember in a commentary for Requiem they said they reshot a scene with Helen coming up out of the water because AT's shirt slipped a little and it was showing some cleavage. AT and Martin Wood both said they reshot it because it wasn't necessary to show any extra cleavage. It wasn't warranted and they were not going to leave it in the shot just to be gratuitous.

You make a good point about Amanda getting input. SHe is one of the producers and she can refuse to do something that she thinks will compromise the integrity of the character of Helen and the characters history.
                        sigpic

Comment

You need to post a warning before writing something like that because I spit my water all over my keyboard when I laughed.
                          Seriously, that was funny.
                          You're right, we should warn you about such things, so let me give you a heads up on an episode in S3,
                          Spoiler:
                          one of the later episodes I think in S3, maybe in the second have of the season is supposed to be a beach episode. It only has Helen and Kate at some beach, doing nothing but swimming and sunbathing for like the whole ep. I thought you should know ahead of time to prepare for it.

*Waits for Brees reaction*

I agree Kat. I doubt they would doing anything exploitative. I remember in a commentary for Requiem they said they reshot a scene with Helen coming up out of the water because AT's shirt slipped a little and it was showing some cleavage. AT and Martin Wood both said they reshot it because it wasn't necessary to show any extra cleavage. It wasn't warranted and they were not going to leave it in the shot just to be gratuitous.

You make a good point about Amanda getting input. SHe is one of the producers and she can refuse to do something that she thinks will compromise the integrity of the character of Helen and the characters history.
                          Well, that's no reason to reshoot a scene. Joking, joking.

I agree, Amanda has a lot of class and respect for what she does, and she knows that by acting with class and integrity on screen is what fans want to see, and what makes them come back. She shows off her talent and skills on screen, that's what attracts fans, she doesn't show off her body to heat things.

And yeah she can refuse to do things if she feels is not right Like I said on the SD thread, in the podcast for Pavor, AT said the director wanted to shoot "certain" things during the hose scene, but she didn't let him because she said it sexualities that scene. I know Chelle and antoa don't really trust Syfy right now, but I do trust Sanctuary ptb, and I know they won't let them be turned into something they're not, and won't let Sanctaury become something it's not. Btw, I know that scene still creeps you out, Bree.

Comment

Hehe... last night I discovered this photo, from a meeting with your former president and my former prime minister... This is a glare.

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

i didnt know that about the requiem scene, thanks for sharing... that is one of the things i love about team sanctuary, they are there to give us a show first and foremost... many shows would likely have purposely used that scene to show off as much clevage as they though they could get away with... i love that they consider things like this when filming and say no that isnt what the show/scene/character is about lets reshoot it...

re the bolded bit - totally, AT may not have created helen but as the person who brings her to life she has an image in her head of who helen was and is... and there is definately enough respect between her, DK and MW that they would listen to her thoughts on how a scene reads or is shot...

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              I agree, Amanda has a lot of class and respect for what she does, and she knows that by acting with class and integrity on screen is what fans want to see, and what makes them come back. She shows off her talent and skills on screen, that's what attracts fans, she doesn't show off her body to heat things.

And yeah she can refuse to do things if she feels is not right Like I said on the SD thread, in the podcast for Pavor, AT said the director wanted to shoot "certain" things during the hose scene, but she didn't let him because she said it sexualities that scene. I know Chelle and antoa don't really trust Syfy right now, but I do trust Sanctuary ptb, and I know they won't let them be turned into something they're not, and won't let Sanctaury become something it's not. Btw, I know that scene still creeps you out, Bree.
                              amanda is definately full of class! she is out to tell a story and portray a character, the integrity of both being the main priority... i love that sanctuary is all about portraying the characters and story in line with the shows goals and not about sexing things up in the hopes to attract more viewers...

im also glad AT pulled the person directing the hose scene up on their ideas for the scene as there was nothing sexual/sensual about that scene at all...

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                              Hehe... last night I discovered this photo, from a meeting with your former president and my former prime minister... This is a glare.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5637/340xmq.jpg
                              that sure is a glare...

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

I'd love to see it, but for some reason it didn't show on your message (small box - red cross in it) and when I click on the link it doesn't work either.

Mumsey
                                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X