Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    If I REALLY got desperate to record multiple things, I've got one dvr (that can record two things), a dvd recorder, two vcr's and two computers with tv cards. So, I could record 7 things! Usually, I just use my dvr.
    lol, and i thought our current four was alot... mind you before we packed up the vcrs we could have recorded 6 things, so close

I never had very many cassettes, hated having to FF and REW to get to the song I wanted to hear, but I have ALOT of vinyl. My nephews are very confused about albums. One of these days I'll have to play one for them.
    me neither, used to drive me nuts...

Yes she does! Thank you for getting us on point again.
    we do need a bit of a poke every now and then us samandans dont we, lol!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    here's an example of Sam's leadership qualities:

in Off the Grid, after they're rescued and before they go after the Gates,

Sam asks Emerson "Is the ship ready to fight?" Sam is thinking ahead.

Cam's comment is "Let's take him down."

and that's, of course, after he recklessly got them in to the fix with the Lucien Alliance in the first place.

I wonder how things would have gone in that ep with Sam in command (as she should have been ) ...
    how indeed! well sam wouldnt have been reckless for starters... and yes, yes, YES to the bolded bit!
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Well I can only agree with said statement, I'll even say more

AMANDA, SAM and HELEN rule !

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Hey I don't if this "round' has ever been played but, are there songs that remind you of Amanda
        I give 3 songs that remind me of Amanda

1 Amanda - Waylon Jennings
        2 Everyday Angel - Radney Foster
        3 How do you do (the things that you do) - Roxette (cause I can't get how she can have a Tapping tuesday and family time when working so long and hard, so many hours)

Feel free t submit more, you're not obligated to submit 3 songs, it may be more or less

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Amanda on the set of Sanctuary S3. Potential spoilers, obviously.

http://www.straight.com/article-3292...y-season-three

Comment

#TappingTuesday 4

Spoiler:
            @amandatapping Hi Tweeps!! #TappingTuesday edition #4 coming right up!!

@amandatapping Q #1) @MajorSamFan - what happens on set if you get sick & can't be there? Do they shoot around or FX you in later or what?

@amandatapping A #1) I've never missed a day. I worked with walking pnemonia once. But thankfully it's not happened. I imagine they'd reschedule scenes.

@amandatapping Q #2) @LoriSauerwein - My Q: does Magnus have a favorite piece of jewelry/keepsake that she keeps with her always? Do you? Thx

@amandatapping A #2, part 1) She has special necklaces and rings that she wears occasionaly.

@amandatapping A #2, part 2) I have my wedding rings which were my husbands grandmothers. Very precious.

@amandatapping Q #3) @starstonight - Sanctuary is extremely pretty. Do you have one or two favorite visual effects?

@amandatapping A #3) I love the establishing shots of the Sanctuary and the view out of Helens office window.

@amandatapping Bonus Q #1) @skitzoeinhoven - Q: Is Magnus a fan of her own Birthdays? How would she have celebrated her 100th? oxox

@amandatapping Bonus A #1) She would have had cake an a letter from the king!! But I think she probably only celebrates decades now.

@amandatapping Bonus Q #2) @SocraticMethod - Since it's the #WorldCup ... Do you enjoy soccer? If yes, who are you cheering for? Thanks as always!!

@amandatapping Bonus A #2) ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@amandatapping Great questions again, Tweeps! See you again next week!! xo

Comment

[QUOTE=rderoch;11606966]
              I never had very many cassettes, hated having to FF and REW to get to the song I wanted to hear, but I have ALOT of vinyl. My nephews are very confused about albums. One of these days I'll have to play one for them.[QUOTE]

Originally posted by katjoy View Post

me neither, used to drive me nuts...
              *coughs*
              You are aware that there are cassette players that rew or ff just one song, aren't you?
              What I hated though was the auto-turn feature. If the recorder had turned the cassette and you tried to rewind one song it would end up whereever. Seriously, I never got that to work so I turned the feature off.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
              On another note, I found this quite funny Sanctuary tv tropes picspam on twitter: http://community.livejournal.com/hadthesun/816.html, I esp like their pics and captions for 'bad future' and 'heroic sacrifice'.
              Nice! Thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                Amanda on the set of Sanctuary S3. Potential spoilers, obviously.

http://www.straight.com/article-3292...y-season-three
                thanks for the link pars!

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                #TappingTuesday 4

Spoiler:
                @amandatapping Hi Tweeps!! #TappingTuesday edition #4 coming right up!!

@amandatapping Q #1) @MajorSamFan - what happens on set if you get sick & can't be there? Do they shoot around or FX you in later or what?

@amandatapping A #1) I've never missed a day. I worked with walking pnemonia once. But thankfully it's not happened. I imagine they'd reschedule scenes.

@amandatapping Q #2) @LoriSauerwein - My Q: does Magnus have a favorite piece of jewelry/keepsake that she keeps with her always? Do you? Thx

@amandatapping A #2, part 1) She has special necklaces and rings that she wears occasionaly.

@amandatapping A #2, part 2) I have my wedding rings which were my husbands grandmothers. Very precious.

@amandatapping Q #3) @starstonight - Sanctuary is extremely pretty. Do you have one or two favorite visual effects?

@amandatapping A #3) I love the establishing shots of the Sanctuary and the view out of Helens office window.

@amandatapping Bonus Q #1) @skitzoeinhoven - Q: Is Magnus a fan of her own Birthdays? How would she have celebrated her 100th? oxox

@amandatapping Bonus A #1) She would have had cake an a letter from the king!! But I think she probably only celebrates decades now.

@amandatapping Bonus Q #2) @SocraticMethod - Since it's the #WorldCup ... Do you enjoy soccer? If yes, who are you cheering for? Thanks as always!!

@amandatapping Bonus A #2) ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@amandatapping Great questions again, Tweeps! See you again next week!! xo
                working with pnemonia *tisk tisk* thats tucked up in bed getting plenty of rest and fluids time right there...

loved that amanda's wedding rings are alan's grandmothers... i adore things that pass through generations...

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                *coughs*
                You are aware that there are cassette players that rew or ff just one song, aren't you?
                What I hated though was the auto-turn feature. If the recorder had turned the cassette and you tried to rewind one song it would end up whereever. Seriously, I never got that to work so I turned the feature off.
                nope, i had no idea that cassette players could do that... but by the time i was interested in music (which wasnt until end of high school/ start of uni) cd's were becoming more common, so i had a walkman for a short time til it was stolen then went straight for the diskman as a replacement...
                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                  Hey I don't if this "round' has ever been played but, are there songs that remind you of Amanda
                  I give 3 songs that remind me of Amanda
                  1 Amanda - Waylon Jennings
                  2 Everyday Angel - Radney Foster
                  3 How do you do (the things that you do) - Roxette (cause I can't get how she can have a Tapping tuesday and family time when working so long and hard, so many hours)
                  Feel free t submit more, you're not obligated to submit 3 songs, it may be more or less
                  Ooh - something to keep my mind of the god awful afternoon I had at work - lets see...3 songs that remind me or make me think of Amanda -

1. Suddenly I see by Katie Tunstall
                  2. Super Freak by Rick James
                  3. Who I was born to be - Susan Boyle

Sometimes I wonder how Amanda must cope on days like these when it just seems like it will never end. I found that once I hopped into my car and kept the radio off, the quiet, dark and slow drive towards home calmed me. So by the time I got to the supermarket and loaded the basket with chocolate, ice cream and yogurt, I went home to the family feeling somewhat more human. TGIW...2 days reprieve before I go back to my dungeon.

(((Samandans)))
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Confessions of a bad fan:

Was having a crazy day in the middle of a crazy week and I completely forgot Sanctuary Season 2 came out on DVD yesterday. D'oh!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Was having a crazy day in the middle of a crazy week and I completely forgot Sanctuary Season 2 came out on DVD yesterday. D'oh!
                      I faked a sick day just to go buy the bluray of Season 1 and 2 and listen to the commentaires with Amanda. I guess that makes me a good fan and a bad employee
                      sigpic

Comment

To be fair, your wheel was squeaking.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I forgot too, but for much different reasons. Rectified the memory lapse though quickly by running out to buy S2 on DVD. YAY! Was a fun night watching all the special features and a few of the episodes with commentary on. Martin does need to cut down on his coffee consumption though... Even Amanda was asking what was up with him. He was like the Energizer bunny with his chattiness.

Comment

Amanda will be appalled! I think you're forgiven, dear. We all have those days.

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
                            I faked a sick day just to go buy the bluray of Season 1 and 2 and listen to the commentaires with Amanda. I guess that makes me a good fan and a bad employee
                            Such dedication. An inspiration to us all.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            To be fair, your wheel was squeaking.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Ok. I didn't know the DVD came out until today. Sancturary right? Not SGU? Let's not get into what makes a fan "good" or "bad", please? LOL I"m clueless.

What episode are we up to? Or is that discussion done?

I can do one better than cassette tapes. I got to ride in a cherry 1977 Sting Ray Corvette last weekend with a working 8-track tape player. Oh Yeah !!! We were stylin' And could it ever go fast You still can't slap the smile off my face. I still have a box of 8-track tapes that work in my old pickup. Used to listen to them on the tractor.

I won't tell you about my rotary telephone (that is the only phone that works in the house when the electricity goes out) or my 1922 typewriter or my 1951 calculator or my decks of computer program cards (that I wrote and ran myself) or the 8 1/2 inch Radio Shack floppy disks I have stashed away or my slide projector. I was just thinking about getting a little gizmo to transfer slides and 35 mm negatives to electronic files. But that might just be too much of a jump in technology for me

I did go through the galactic jump to get a 50" plasma with monster surround sound system and high def DVD player about 4 years ago, so I'm not completely in the dark ages. My SG1 DVDs are like mini-movies on that big TV. I still do like the 'non-electronic' machines though. Many of them were engineering marvels of their day.

I've been away from TV for a while and miss Sam. I need an SG1/Sam fix.

Go Sam
                              Last edited by hisg1fans; 16 June 2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                                Ok. I didn't know the DVD came out until today. Sancturary right? Not SGU? Let's not get into what makes a fan "good" or "bad", please? LOL I"m clueless.

What episode are we up to? Or is that discussion done?

I can do one better than cassette tapes. I got to ride in a cherry 1977 Sting Ray Corvette last weekend with a working 8-track tape player. Oh Yeah !!! We were stylin' And could it ever go fast You still can't slap the smile off my face. I still have a box of 8-track tapes that work in my old pickup. Used to listen to them on the tractor.

I won't tell you about my rotary telephone (that is the only phone that works in the house when the electricity goes out) or my 1922 typewriter or my 1951 calculator or my decks of computer program cards (that I wrote and ran myself) or the 8 1/2 inch Radio Shack floppy disks I have stashed away or my slide projector. I was just thinking about getting a little gizmo to transfer slides and 35 mm negatives to electronic files. But that might just be too much of a jump in technology for me

I did go through the galactic jump to get a 50" plasma with monster surround sound system and high def DVD player about 4 years ago, so I'm not completely in the dark ages. My SG1 DVDs are like mini-movies on that big TV. I still do like the 'non-electronic' machines though. Many of them were engineering marvels of their day.

I've been away from TV for a while and miss Sam. I need an SG1/Sam fix.

Go Sam
                                I have a victrola complete with a selection of 78's.

I finally gave up my regular phone and got VOIP. Sometimes I still wish I wouldn't have. After the mega blackout here in the Great Lakes area a few years ago, I get nervous about not having a phone. Even with 8 hr battery backup.
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X