Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Oh, Deejay. I sometimes go back and read through her livejournal. Especially when all the debates were going on about health care reform in the States. I thought Deej's LJ should have been required reading for those politicians.

So yep, raising a glass.
    Here's to Deejay--Samandan in our hearts still.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      OT- Today at work my friend and I were moving a heavy skid, and my foot almost got crushed by the skid and a wall. It hurt, MAN it hurt. I can't really walk now and my foot is swollen, and I have work tomorrow. Oh well.
      tell your boss if you haven't already. Your boss/manager needs to know about any and all on the job injuries
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don't suppose a stress headache form the job counts?

In the same place that scared me by throbbing in a weird way 8 months ago. Went to the doctor and she says "Get a massage."
        Thanks. Really.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
          I don't suppose a stress headache form the job counts?

In the same place that scared me by throbbing in a weird way 8 months ago. Went to the doctor and she says "Get a massage."
          Thanks. Really.
          Some people think this is a bad word, however ... how about seeing a chiropractor to see if your spine and/or neck is out of alignment? If you can find a good one, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
            OT- Today at work my friend and I were moving a heavy skid, and my foot almost got crushed by the skid and a wall. It hurt, MAN it hurt. I can't really walk now and my foot is swollen, and I have work tomorrow. Oh well.
            *de-lurks to hug Rocky*

*goes back to lurking*
            sigpic

Comment

boy time fly when you're having fun! i can't believe ive been on GW a year today already! so glad i found this place and specifically samanda (hugs)
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                I know this comment is coming out of thin air, but I was reading the Samanda social group comments. They go from oldest to most recent, and a large number of the comments relate to Deejay and her death. In about a month, it will be two years since she passed away, which feels surreal to me.

For those of you who have come to Samanda since then, let me tell you that Deejay epitomized what is best in online friendship. It didn't matter that she hadn't met most of us in person; she allowed us to be an important part of her life until the end, and in the process, taught us much about courage and love. She cherished us as much as we cherished her, and her illness brought many of us closer together. I feel privileged to have been part of the process.

So I raise a figurative glass in toast to Deejay and to all of you because online friendships can be just as vital as those with people you see all the time. Cheers!
                *raises glass in her memory*

Oh, and a bit of OT that someone like EH-T might like to take notice of...

Spoiler:
                the Chicago Blackhawks completely swept the Sharks in the their final game of the series yesterday and have rightfully earned a trip to the Stanley Cup finals. There's also a chance we'll be playing the Canadiens too (and no, that is not a typo ).

Looks like we're having another 90F day today as well. *melts*

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                  I know this comment is coming out of thin air, but I was reading the Samanda social group comments. They go from oldest to most recent, and a large number of the comments relate to Deejay and her death. In about a month, it will be two years since she passed away, which feels surreal to me.

For those of you who have come to Samanda since then, let me tell you that Deejay epitomized what is best in online friendship. It didn't matter that she hadn't met most of us in person; she allowed us to be an important part of her life until the end, and in the process, taught us much about courage and love. She cherished us as much as we cherished her, and her illness brought many of us closer together. I feel privileged to have been part of the process.

So I raise a figurative glass in toast to Deejay and to all of you because online friendships can be just as vital as those with people you see all the time. Cheers!
                  Slainte!

Here's to them that lo'es us, or lends us a lift!

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

Spoiler:
                  the Chicago Blackhawks completely swept the Sharks in the their final game of the series yesterday and have rightfully earned a trip to the Stanley Cup finals. There's also a chance we'll be playing the Canadiens too (and no, that is not a typo ).

OT:

Spoiler:
                  Happy for the Blackhawks as there are a couple of players from my Province on the team and it has been a long time since they have been in the final. And here's to hoping the Habs can pull off another miracle!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    Some people think this is a bad word, however ... how about seeing a chiropractor to see if your spine and/or neck is out of alignment? If you can find a good one, that is.
                    Oh, I know there is an issue. $25/visit is more than I can handle at the mo.

Though... perhaps I can't do the whole regimin he wants but a few vistits here and there can't hurt.
                    Thanks hedwig!

BTW - Rocky, seriously, you should have told your boss that day. The need to track those types of injuries. I'm sure there are laws. Make sure you tell him/her.
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Spoiler:

I was watching those games yesterday - finally something interesting to watch other than my beloved footy team losing even though we're still second on the ladder!
                      90F = 32C = not so bad - not quite melting weather here. I'm still waiting for some really cool days. Saturday night was chilly with the outdoor wedding - the fire was ok to stand next to but in a skirt and heels, it was a wee bit uncomfortable. I love reading how it warms up on the other side of the world while we're cooling down.
                      (((Samandans)))
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        Happy for the Blackhawks as there are a couple of players from my Province on the team and it has been a long time since they have been in the final. And here's to hoping the Habs can pull off another miracle!
                        The Candadian players on the team is specifically why I remembered and flagged you. Awesome for all of them, no matter their native country. The last time the Blackhawks took the title was back in 1961 which was waaaaaay before my time. Should be an awesome series, whomever it's decided they'll be playing.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        I was watching those games yesterday - finally something interesting to watch other than my beloved footy team losing even though we're still second on the ladder!
                        90F = 32C = not so bad - not quite melting weather here. I'm still waiting for some really cool days. Saturday night was chilly with the outdoor wedding - the fire was ok to stand next to but in a skirt and heels, it was a wee bit uncomfortable. I love reading how it warms up on the other side of the world while we're cooling down.
                        (((Samandans)))
                        Hmm, but do you get the humidity with your heat? This by far is the warmest day this year, but not the warmest we've ever seen. For only May though, it's quite extraordinary as usually this temperature doesn't hit until mid-June or thereabouts. We only have a fan running at the moment and are resisting the urge to flip on the air conditioner as it's much to early for that. So, we're walking around in the barest amounts of clothing and drinking lots of liquids for now.

Very curious as to what your winter is like too, Chelle. I've been warned it's chilly, but I'm seriously thinking our perception of 'cold' is quite different. When you've lived through snowstorms and temps in the negative digits, 40-50F is quite springlike for me. We shall see though, right?

Comment

I can certainly relate to injuries like that. You should probably get it looked at just to make sure you didn't break something; I'm not sure how true this is, but I was told a long time ago if there's black and blue and purple bruising too, there's likely a break or fracture. Hopefully not, though.

sympathy ((((hugs))))
                          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          tell your boss if you haven't already. Your boss/manager needs to know about any and all on the job injuries
                          Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                          *de-lurks to hug Rocky*

*goes back to lurking*
                          Oh, I know there is an issue. $25/visit is more than I can handle at the mo.

Though... perhaps I can't do the whole regimin he wants but a few vistits here and there can't hurt.
                          Thanks hedwig!

BTW - Rocky, seriously, you should have told your boss that day. The need to track those types of injuries. I'm sure there are laws. Make sure you tell him/her.
                          Thanks for the good wishes. My supervisor wrote a report so its all good, at least I didn't need no x-ray.

Wow. Two years already.

I still miss Deejay's funny comments - and her odd love for My Little Pony

Her fighting spirit was amazing and a testamant to what faith (and sheer stubborness) can do. Even in hospice she enjoyed every moment she had with her family.

suse

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                          boy time fly when you're having fun! i can't believe ive been on GW a year today already! so glad i found this place and specifically samanda (hugs)
                          Happy anniversary, Kat. *Hugs*

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          (((Samandans)))
                          Toronto has a heat wave, and we in Oakville are feeling it. My dad won't turn on the AC because it's not July.

Comment

This is a perfect day. And it was supposed to be rain all day. Woot!

76 F (24 C)

Too bad I didn't know earlier in the day, I spent it being exceptionally lazy. I would have gone to the park where my avatar lives. It's a good thing my brother-in-law doesn't know I have it as an av - he would mine that info for months. He has a special relationship with squirrels - think old man with air gun. Without the old (yet ) part) Honestly, they do a lot of damage and we live in a 100 year old house.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

This is a perfect day. And it was supposed to be rain all day. Woot!

76 F (24 C)

Too bad I didn't know earlier in the day, I spent it being exceptionally lazy. I would have gone to the park where my avatar lives. It's a good thing my brother-in-law doesn't know I have it as an av - he would mine that info for months. He has a special relationship with squirrels - think old man with air gun. Without the old (yet ) part) Honestly, they do a lot of damage and we live in a 100 year old house.
                              I've noticed I have a squirrel living under some lattice work along the side of my house. I've seen it several times. It tried to come up on the deck (probably to try to get some bird seed), but couldn't figure out how to get through the barrier I put up. The other day, I saw it on the path below the deck with some pink insulation stuff in its mouth, and it then leaped in through one of the openings in the lattice. I suspect it may have a nest in there. P.S. - Don't tell your brother!

Comment

The Candadian players on the team is specifically why I remembered and flagged you. Awesome for all of them, no matter their native country. The last time the Blackhawks took the title was back in 1961 which was waaaaaay before my time. Should be an awesome series, whomever it's decided they'll be playing.

Hmm, but do you get the humidity with your heat? This by far is the warmest day this year, but not the warmest we've ever seen. For only May though, it's quite extraordinary as usually this temperature doesn't hit until mid-June or thereabouts. We only have a fan running at the moment and are resisting the urge to flip on the air conditioner as it's much to early for that. So, we're walking around in the barest amounts of clothing and drinking lots of liquids for now.

Very curious as to what your winter is like too, Chelle. I've been warned it's chilly, but I'm seriously thinking our perception of 'cold' is quite different. When you've lived through snowstorms and temps in the negative digits, 40-50F is quite springlike for me. We shall see though, right?
                                Just turned off my furnace last week and I'm tempted to turn on the air conditioning. Very stuffy in the house when I got home today. Gotta love midwest weather. 50's and rainy last weekend, 80's and sunny this week.

I've noticed I have a squirrel living under some lattice work along the side of my house. I've seen it several times. It tried to come up on the deck (probably to try to get some bird seed), but couldn't figure out how to get through the barrier I put up. The other day, I saw it on the path below the deck with some pink insulation stuff in its mouth, and it then leaped in through one of the openings in the lattice. I suspect it may have a nest in there. P.S. - Don't tell your brother!
                                There was a baby bunny in one of my flower beds when I was watering the plants. Sadly, he got spooked and hopped away. So cute!
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X