• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Channel Surfing = 'the annotated history of my hair styles'
    LOL

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Love it! But she looks great at every age. Darn her!
    doesnt she just!
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Tom bought home a copy of the Official Stargate Magazine today.
      The title: Gate Gals! Meet the women of Stargate Universe!
      It has Alaina Huffman, Ming Na and Elyse Levesque on it and in the bottom corner it has a picture of Amanda and Jewel...."More Stargate Women! Amanda tapping and Jewel Staite chat!"
      Skipping to page 38 where there's beautiful picture of Amanda and the title: "Stargate's First Lady"....awwwww!!!
      Some quotes from the article from Amanda:
      "My characters relationship with O'Neill was probably the most influential. There was a sexuality to it and a maturity." (Someone might like to share this with the shippers in the shipper thread )
      "On Atlantis, I feel we lost a little bit of Sam's playfulness because she was thrust into this lofty, very powerful position."
      "I was constantly being given beautiful things to play that helped flesh out my character. I'm so lucky in that I never felt stagnated."
      That was a seven page story btw!
      Then skipping along to page 63 where there are several little pics - snippets if you like with various quotes from various episodes, with the title:
      "The wit and wisdom of...Samantha Carter"
      "I'm a lousy cook and I couldn't spin, weave or dye if my life depended on it. I am a warrior and a scholar. I do the work of men."
      "I always feel like I'm the girl."
      "Next thing you know, I'm waking up with Col. O'Neill looking down at me."(Someone might like to share this with the shippers in the shipper thread too! )
      "Seduction wasn't in any of the Air Force training manuals I've ever read."
      Then for some weird reason they have these made up emails between Vala and Sam - titled "Girl's night out"...very weird and so not in character. But some nice pictures!! That goes on for 6 pages.
      Finally after a big spread on the design of the Destiny...which I love btw...on page 92, there's a picture of Amanda - title: "Level 28 - Celebrating the women of Stargate" It's a quiz page...haven't done it yet...I'm just perusing the magazine as I type/post so you guys are getting it at the same time as I am. Maybe I'll read it over Easter!
      Ok...I've got to do the vacuming...at 9pm! Then I'm off to bed. Night all. Have a great weekend!
      (((Samandans)))
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hello, guys. I don't get to come round here often and when I do is lurking because you guys post a lot.

I love all of Amanda's dresses and the way she dresses in general. Jealous of her wardrobe, though I could never pull it off the way she does!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        Magnus just tore a hole in my pj pants trying to pull them off me.

Oh yes.

(just a reminder to any newbies... my dog is named Magnus)
        I'm so glad you explained that one.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        A bit OT- Mars Makes Final Appearance Until 2012 Tonight

Just curious, what do y'all think of this 2012 stuff?
        I think they ran out of rock to chisel the calendar into. That's all I'm sayin'
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          What 2010 stuff? Not the nonsense about the world ending I hope. My kids mentioned it to me last night when we were talking about....something. Just be grateful for every day we have...the world will end when it ends...what are we gonna do about it. Curious though, I hear they are closing Cheyenne mountain...I would have thought if the end was imminent, they would be stocking it up...my conspiracy sensors are telling me that they could very well be doing that and feeding us false information in assuming Cheyenne was truly indeed being closed. I think I've been watching too much Bones...Hodgen's is rubbing off on me!
          A friend of mine is having an end of the world party on Dec 2012.

The title: Gate Gals! Meet the women of Stargate Universe!
          It has Alaina Huffman, Ming Na and Elyse Levesque on it and in the bottom corner it has a picture of Amanda and Jewel...."More Stargate Women! Amanda tapping and Jewel Staite chat!"
          Skipping to page 38 where there's beautiful picture of Amanda and the title: "Stargate's First Lady"....awwwww!!!
          "My characters relationship with O'Neill was probably the most influential. There was a sexuality to it and a maturity." (Someone might like to share this with the shippers in the shipper thread )
          "On Atlantis, I feel we lost a little bit of Sam's playfulness because she was thrust into this lofty, very powerful position."
          "I was constantly being given beautiful things to play that helped flesh out my character. I'm so lucky in that I never felt stagnated."
          That was a seven page story btw!
          Then skipping along to page 63 where there are several little pics - snippets if you like with various quotes from various episodes, with the title:
          "The wit and wisdom of...Samantha Carter"
          "I'm a lousy cook and I couldn't spin, weave or dye if my life depended on it. I am a warrior and a scholar. I do the work of men."
          "I always feel like I'm the girl."
          "Next thing you know, I'm waking up with Col. O'Neill looking down at me."(Someone might like to share this with the shippers in the shipper thread too! )
          "Seduction wasn't in any of the Air Force training manuals I've ever read."
          Then for some weird reason they have these made up emails between Vala and Sam - titled "Girl's night out"...very weird and so not in character. But some nice pictures!! That goes on for 6 pages.
          Finally after a big spread on the design of the Destiny...which I love btw...on page 92, there's a picture of Amanda - title: "Level 28 - Celebrating the women of Stargate" It's a quiz page...haven't done it yet...I'm just perusing the magazine as I type/post so you guys are getting it at the same time as I am. Maybe I'll read it over Easter!
          Ok...I've got to do the vacuming...at 9pm! Then I'm off to bed. Night all. Have a great weekend!
          (((Samandans)))
          Oh yeah, I bought that, and the other issue of the mag. Btw, in the TV Zone mag, there's talk about Sanctuary in there. I'll be scanning the mags and maybe posting the AT stuff around.

Comment

A bit OT- Mars Makes Final Appearance Until 2012 Tonight

Just curious, what do y'all think of this 2012 stuff?
            Dang, I missed it! And we had a nice clear sky last night too. Cold, but clear. I only scanned the skies briefly before jumping into my car for the ride into work last night. *sigh* Well, at least I have something to look forward to in a few years.

What 2010 stuff? Not the nonsense about the world ending I hope. My kids mentioned it to me last night when we were talking about....something. Just be grateful for every day we have...the world will end when it ends...what are we gonna do about it. Curious though, I hear they are closing Cheyenne mountain...I would have thought if the end was imminent, they would be stocking it up...my conspiracy sensors are telling me that they could very well be doing that and feeding us false information in assuming Cheyenne was truly indeed being closed. I think I've been watching too much Bones...Hodgen's is rubbing off on me!
            You and me both!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
              Dang, I missed it! And we had a nice clear sky last night too. Cold, but clear. I only scanned the skies briefly before jumping into my car for the ride into work last night. *sigh* Well, at least I have something to look forward to in a few years.
              Maybe.

Well, in other in other news, I did a 3 mim presentation in front of my class today, and I got an A+ on it, so I think that's cool. This is now my third A from the same teacher, from two different classes.
              Last edited by Rocky89; 26 March 2010, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

You and me both!
                yeah me too and u Both it make sense.
                maybe it not really, so let think postive thoughts , good things will happen , if ur thinking negative , bad things will happen.
                Hi guys,
                I'm deaf and petty much down to eath, fan of original Stargate and Stargate atlantis and Sanctury and I do really enjoy hanging out here, I love those show. Because I adores Amanda tapping and Torri Higginson because they both are my favorite people . Especially Amanda Tapping was My childhood favorite I grew up watching her on SG-1

Torri Higginson is the Lovely down to earth person

Comment

T
                  True. Commander of the base was different from even being in charge of SG1. There was some ease with Sheppard that I liked. I would have liked to see more interactions with him (besides being Hammond & giving the "Go" and with Teyla.

Comment

Maybe.

Well, in other in other news, I did a 3 mim presentation in front of my class today, and I got an A+ on it, so I think that's cool. This is now my third A from the same teacher, from two different classes.
                    congrats rocky! that is excellent

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    True. Commander of the base was different from even being in charge of SG1. There was some ease with Sheppard that I liked. I would have liked to see more interactions with him (besides being Hammond & giving the "Go" and with Teyla.
                    yeah, in addition to seeing more of the sam we knew i would have liked to see more interaction with the sga team...

i love what sheppard says to carter in 'search and rescue' when she is leaving...
                    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

OK, I have to ask this...just asking for honest and kind opinions. When Sam was commander of Atlantis, I saw it as a promotion well deserving for all she's contributed to the SG program and science in general...so when she became the commander of The Hammond, I saw that as a demotion from her last posting. What I would like to know, is how does everyone else see the new post for Sam? Commanding a base to commanding a ship....what do you consider a more prestigious command and why? I'd just like to understand where folks are coming from when they see Sam's new command on a ship as being better than or as equal a promotion, to commanding a base.
                      Thank you! Night all.
                      (((Samandans)))
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

... What I would like to know, is how does everyone else see the new post for Sam? Commanding a base to commanding a ship....what do you consider a more prestigious command and why? ...
                        (((Samandans)))
                        Great question Chelle! So this is how I see it:
                        If you just put the command of a city/base vs. the the command of a ship, I'd probably see the city/base command as more prestigious, rating higher than the command of "just" a ship.
                        But here comes the big BUT
                        This is Carter we're talking about, and from her point of view the command of the Hammond is much more her, if you know what I mean. Let's face it Atlantis was pretty much a desk job, sure she got to go off world a few times but largely it was about administration and sending other people through the gate.
                        Now, on the Hammond she gets to be in the middle of the action again. She gets to do stuff. True enough we haven't really seen much of what exactly she gets to do, but if we look back at the Prometheus for example, they did all kinds of stuff; getting into the occasional space-battle, exploration and more scientific centered missions.
                        So in short, I think Sam is happier doing what she's doing on the Hammond thus making it a better command.

Comment

OK, I have to ask this...just asking for honest and kind opinions. When Sam was commander of Atlantis, I saw it as a promotion well deserving for all she's contributed to the SG program and science in general...so when she became the commander of The Hammond, I saw that as a demotion from her last posting. What I would like to know, is how does everyone else see the new post for Sam? Commanding a base to commanding a ship....what do you consider a more prestigious command and why? I'd just like to understand where folks are coming from when they see Sam's new command on a ship as being better than or as equal a promotion, to commanding a base.
                          Thank you! Night all.
                          (((Samandans)))
                          I thought that maybe I was the only one who thought that. But her being in command of The Hammond doesn't seem as fitting as it did for her to be in command of Atlantis. I don't know where The Hammond goes, but unless she's off charting space (which I highly doubt) and making new discoveries, it just doesn't suit the way *I* see Sam. It's not equal to commanding Atlantis. Not at all. Though you do have the Asgard technology.

I just think it takes her away from things.

The reason I doubt they'll be off charting is space because it seems they go on routes a lot. From what I've seen.
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Thank you! Night all.
                            (((Samandans)))
                            I think you're asking the wrong question Chelle, you should be asking which position would the military see as benefitting Sam's career more. In military terms The Hammond has much more potential to give Sam the leg up on future promotions. All command positions are important but when it comes down to flying a desk or flying a "battleship", the active combat position gets the brownie points.

Why do see it as a demotion?
                            -

Comment

I guess I see it as a demotion as the commanders of bases seem to be generals...not sure that I would state that as a fact but just observation seeings how Generals West, Hammond and Landry headed the SGC...also conceding that two civilians commanded Atlantis...which is why I think I would have rather seen Sam command the SGC. At least at the SGC, she could still do what she loves. I didn't think about promotion potential...I would have assumed that is not what drives Sam. I'm thinking more along the lines of here is this intelligent woman who has this enormous responsibility in commanding a base like the SGC whereas on a ship...I dunno. I would have thought commanding a base would be deemed a higher ranking position than a ship commander. And I got the impression that Sam would have liked to have been based closer to her family rather than off exploring the galaxy. And I would have thought that the military wouldn't put someone like Sam in the position of being sent off to possibly combat an enemy and risk losing such a huge asset. A lot of things to ponder I guess.
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I guess I see it as a demotion as the commanders of bases seem to be generals...not sure that I would state that as a fact but just observation seeings how Generals West, Hammond and Landry headed the SGC...also conceding that two civilians commanded Atlantis...which is why I think I would have rather seen Sam command the SGC. At least at the SGC, she could still do what she loves. I didn't think about promotion potential...I would have assumed that is not what drives Sam. I'm thinking more along the lines of here is this intelligent woman who has this enormous responsibility in commanding a base like the SGC whereas on a ship...I dunno. I would have thought commanding a base would be deemed a higher ranking position than a ship commander. And I got the impression that Sam would have liked to have been based closer to her family rather than off exploring the galaxy. And I would have thought that the military wouldn't put someone like Sam in the position of being sent off to possibly combat an enemy and risk losing such a huge asset. A lot of things to ponder I guess.
                                I can see how you would see it that way Chelle but that is a very civilian way of thinking . Promotion potential is exactly what drives a career military officer; if you fail to get promoted within the designated time, you're out. Sam would definitely consider the promotion potential of each job.

There was a General in charge of the SGC not because it was a base but because it was an entire command - Stargate Command. It depends on the responsibility attached to the command as to what rank is assigned. Atlantis was an outpost, an important one for sure but nothing compared to the SGC. In the future I could see many bases under Stargate Command and they definitely wouldn't all have generals in charge of them.

I know we've discussed this before but I'm sorry, Sam would never be given command of the SGC at this stage of her career, she is way too junior and inexperienced. Commanding The Hammond is an excellent and possibly necessary next step in Sam's career if she has any intention to get promoted past Colonel. Most long serving officers retire as Colonels because less than 4% ever get promoted to General, it's very political and you need all the right jobs. Command of The Hammond is definitely one of those jobs. Atlantis would be as well, it had the added benefit of being a joint command (more than one service).

Sorry for going on but Sam is military and if she wants to stay in the military then she has to play the "promotion game".

As for the highlighted part - they've been doing that for almost all the time since Sam started at the SGC.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X