Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
    The movie's only a few years old. I posted caps here when it was first broadcast.

Here are some new photos for everyone to enjoy.

http://www.theamandatappingclub.com/...s.php?album=87
    http://www.theamandatappingclub.com/...s.php?album=88
    She's so...
    smart

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
      I think they are at the Place Vendome - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Place_Vend%C3%B4me
      Cool, thanks for looking that up! I'm pretty sure I've walked near there since I remember that Napoleon column reminding me of Nelson's column in Trafalgar Square.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Somewhere I had not been. I'll put it on the list for next time I'm in Paris. One of the things I love about Paris and London are that there are so many beautiful buildings.
      I was in Paris a few years ago with my siblings, both of whom are major shutterbugs, and they were constantly stopping to shoot all the wonderful buildings.

Oh, and speaking of AT in Lifetime movies, I saw this from morjana on twitter:
      #Sanctuary / #Stargate @amandatapping co-stars in 'What Kind of Mother Are You?' Jan 14 at 7am on LMN - Lifetime Movie Network

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by siles
        Amanda with glasses - so cute
        Aww, Amanda looks so cute with glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          They believed you?!?!?!

Haven't seen Paris yet, but I do love London.

Yes, bring on Dancing Trees already.

With this group though, it kind of encourages bad behavior. *almost spelled that with a u. this place is a bad influence *
          Ahem

Spoiler:
          U

*whistles innocently*
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
            Cool, thanks for looking that up! I'm pretty sure I've walked near there since I remember that Napoleon column reminding me of Nelson's column in Trafalgar Square.

I was in Paris a few years ago with my siblings, both of whom are major shutterbugs, and they were constantly stopping to shoot all the wonderful buildings.

Oh, and speaking of AT in Lifetime movies, I saw this from morjana on twitter:
            Her part in this movie was even smaller. She's "woman in court".

I wish I could see the Silken Laumann movie she was in, but I've never been able to even find a broadcast of it let alone a dvd.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Ahem

Spoiler:
            U

*whistles innocently*
            ahhhhhhh! *hides under desk*
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

I wish I could see the Silken Laumann movie she was in, but I've never been able to even find a broadcast of it let alone a dvd.

ahhhhhhh! *hides under desk*
              I've seen it (one of the advantages of living in Canada ). She is in the first part of the movie as she plays Silken's sister who used to row with her. However, once her sister quits you don't see AT again. My, she was very young there.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Okay, another walk down memory lane. Amanda hosted a documentary series for the Scifi channel back in 2004 called, 'Proof Positive'. It was a reality-based paranormal investigation show that tried to prove certain unexplained phenomena (such as ghost sightings, UFO's, alien abductions, etc...) actually did exist...or not. The show only ran for one season, but it did try to explore the line between what was fact and what was fantasy. Guess it wasn't very popular or hence it wouldn't have been canceled. It does remind me of a show called, 'Unsolved Mysteries' that I can find randomly as reruns every so often.

I might have found a copy of the ten episodes from someone I know, but wondered if anyone has watched any of it?

Oh, and I found a google video of the first part or unexplained case from episode eight just for a sneak peak in case anyone was interested.

Spoiler:

Comment

i taped it, although didn't realize until it was over that i cut off the last couple minutes

never really watched it but it looked like a predecessor to ghost hunters/monster quest, etc
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It would be fun to see a photo progression of AT's early works through to Sanctuary. Sort of a photo "This is your life". Any takers amongst you gifted ones?

OT - Curling excitement:
                    Spoiler:
                    I did it!

I found curling in Washington, D.C. There is a curling club with leagues, lessons and a bonspiel this weekend. There is even a Cherry Blossom Bonspiel in the spring.

I am so unbelievably excited

Here is Sam after a rousing match of curling with SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                      It would be fun to see a photo progression of AT's early works through to Sanctuary. Sort of a photo "This is your life". Any takers amongst you gifted ones?

OT - Curling excitement:
                      Spoiler:
                      I did it!

I found curling in Washington, D.C. There is a curling club with leagues, lessons and a bonspiel this weekend. There is even a Cherry Blossom Bonspiel in the spring.

Congratiolations

I know Curling and heart of Jennifer Jones (Canadian Curling player, oh and I bet you'll see her in Vangroovy very soon but what's a bonspiel?

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                        Okay, another walk down memory lane. Amanda hosted a documentary series for the Scifi channel back in 2004 called, 'Proof Positive'. It was a reality-based paranormal investigation show that tried to prove certain unexplained phenomena (such as ghost sightings, UFO's, alien abductions, etc...) actually did exist...or not. The show only ran for one season, but it did try to explore the line between what was fact and what was fantasy. Guess it wasn't very popular or hence it wouldn't have been canceled. It does remind me of a show called, 'Unsolved Mysteries' that I can find randomly as reruns every so often.

I might have found a copy of the ten episodes from someone I know, but wondered if anyone has watched any of it?

Oh, and I found a google video of the first part or unexplained case from episode eight just for a sneak peak in case anyone was interested.

Spoiler:
                        She was at the first Chicago SG con the weekend before they started filming the show. Her brother was with her at the hotel, hanging out. (it was their birthday) She had the story tapes from the first episode to review with her narration script and the two of them watched the tapes and debated the legitimacy of the stories. I thought that was pretty cool.

I had recorded all the eps when they were on and have them on my media player. I should watch them again.
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I saw it as it aired in Canada as well. I thought she was an excellent host, she really has a talent for that, no doubt why they used her in a lot of SG specials. The show itself was so-so. Some interesting stories and some not so much.

OT - Curling excitement:
                          Spoiler:
                          I did it!

I am excited for you! Fantastic!

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                          Congratiolations

I know Curling and heart of Jennifer Jones (Canadian Curling player, oh and I bet you'll see her in Vangroovy very soon but what's a bonspiel?
                          Actually, Jennifer Jones (who curls out of the curling club where my Dad curled) won't be in Vancouver. Although she and her team (you can't curl alone) are the current World Champions, she lost in the Canadian Curling Trials in her bid to represent Canada in Vancouver.

A bonspiel is a curling tournament where a number of teams play. The Olympics is just a big bonspiel!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Ah, good to know!

Spoiler:
                            Thanks for the link!

I'm not gifted with that stuff, but I am rather good at youtube.

I found this while looking for videos last year for the virtual con, I think it's got just about all of AT's work except for Sanctuary, though it's not entirely in order: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ulY-Ivp4Q

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              A bonspiel is a curling tournament where a number of teams play. The Olympics is just a big bonspiel!
                              I wonder what they call these tournaments

Cow Curling
                              -

Comment

Spoiler:
                                I saw most of them when they first aired. It was okay, in fact I have a few promo pictures some where in all my con stuff. Not really my kind of show but at the time I had a room mate that liked that kind of stuff she would watch it and I half pay attention.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X