X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    Love that one!

Also A Christmas Story which I just finished watching. "You'll shoot your eye out!"
    sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas to all
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

just finished watching some muppets christmas special...

and now we have a miracle on 34th street (the dylan mcdermott version)...
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

merry christmas, my fellow amandaholics!
          sally

sigpic

Comment

here's a topic
            what's your favorite christmas movie????

Right now I'm watching White Christmas
            I love White Christmas and Meet Me in St. Louis...

I saw them when I was really young and it was so fun to see them as an adult on TV. Also Going My Way with Barry Fitzgerald and Bing Crosby. All are from the '40s. The remakes were never as good. It's fun to see them now even though they are "dated"--after all, so am I

Right now it is only 15 minutes till Christmas and I'm going to sleep...

I hope everyone has (or had) a wonderful Christmas Day and enjoy the rest of Christmas right till 12th night!!!!! And once again, I loved all your cards!!! (you know who you are...)

Comment

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...ychristmas.gif

Merry Christmas and Sanctuary for all

Comment

Merry Christmas
                to all Samandans!

We have got a white christmas here, although it is rapidly melting. My journey to my parents was interesting in my housemates ford fiesta in the snow (but at least I wasn't trying to do it on my motorbike!)

My mum has decided we're too old for stockings this year, which we are...but I missed having a stocking to open this morning.

We also forgot to buy our traditional Christmas morning breakfast of a vareity pack of cereal so we all made bacon butties instead. We can't open our presents until my brother gets here, which won't be until three pm.

Man...Christmas changes when you get grown up! This is my first Christmas at my parents place since 2005 and it's all so different.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Hey everyone,

OK so its Christmas Eve for most of us, here a question for everyone. When you were little how did Santa get into you houses and what did you leave him and his raindeer to eat?
                We had a chimney so Father Christmas came down that. I do remember spending some time sticking my head up said chimney and asking how he managed to fit down and how the presents fit down as well. We also left a glass of squash (because Father Christmas couldn't drive his sleigh if he'd had brandy) and a mince pie as well as a carrot for rudolph.

Also what about Sam as a child, would she believe in Santa?
                I think Sam did for quite a while, but may have been one of those children who asked lots of questions to work out how he did it.

I don't remember when I stopped believing in Father Christmas, but with three younger brothers I joined in the pretense with my parents. I can't remember the line between doing things because I believed and doing them because we always did them.

We only ever got one present from Father Christmas and the rest were labeled from whoever they were from and needed thank you letters writing. I still remember that torture well. I know it's important...but I wish a thank you phone call had been acceptable for me then like it is now (apparently I've learned all I'm going to learn about being grateful *g*)

here's a topic

I always love watching the Sound of Music at Christmas. I remember going to see the stage version one Christmas, that was a lot of fun. I always looked forward more to the Christmas specials of my favourite shows at Christmas, like Blackadder etc.

This Christmas I am looking forward to Hamlet with David Tennant and Patrick Stewart, I was lucky enough to go to a Q&A with them about it, but didn't actually get to see it on stage!
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Merry Christmas!
                  sigpic

Comment

merry christmas everyone ! (hug's all around )
                    sigpic
                    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

we are in the middle of "The Christmas Blizzard of 2009"

dunno officially how much snow we have - it's almost done snowing - but we do have sustained winds of 20-30mph so drifts going feet tall with occasional white out bits when you get a gust of wind

i got my mom to work, so now i'm thawing out and refueling before i tackle the snow blower

sigpic

Comment

here's a topic

The Muppet Christmas Carol...
                        and a close second is "It's a Wonderful Life"

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                        This Christmas I am looking forward to Hamlet with David Tennant and Patrick Stewart, I was lucky enough to go to a Q&A with them about it, but didn't actually get to see it on stage!
                        I saw it on stage at Stratford and at one of the London shows where the understudy had to take over.
                        I am very much looking forward to the BBC version (DVD is on pre-order).

And of course, Doctor Who - The End of Time. *sniff*

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

I was going to do all these separately, but i'm too tired right now

I didn't get around to writing any holiday fic for this year, but i do have some 'oldies' out there.

http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/holidaymain.htm

not all of htem are christmas, but enjoy if you want to

sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone,

OK so its Christmas Eve for most of us, here a question for everyone. When you were little how did Santa get into you houses and what did you leave him and his raindeer to eat?
                            Great question Julia, I love hearing about Christmas traditions around the world!

Here in Scandinavia we celebrate all of Christmas on the evening of the 24th. First good food and then Santa with presents. Having an older sister, the illusion of Santa was crushed very early on, she quite blatantly told me it was just a guy in a suit. But he was the one with the presents so who was I to complain? And the way of entry? He just simply knocked on the door and entered, lol! The myth of him coming down the chimney doesn’t really exist here, that’s only stuff you see on tv
                            But at the same time there’s also another myth here about another kind of Christmas creature, the gnome I guess you’d call it. (but in Swedish we use the same word for both Santa and gnome) Which both my sister and me firmly believed in (and I still do). The gnome is very shy and only comes around on Christmas to make sure all the animals on the farm is safe and taken care of and if you’re very very luck you’ll get a glimpse of him in the corner of your eye, just as he disappears around the corner of the house. I used to sit hours by the window to see if I could spot him, and I still look for him every time I get home to my parents farm around Christmas time

And a very happy holiday to all of you!

Comment

((((((((Samandns))))))))

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

here's a topic

I love Miracle on 34th Street and Muppet's Christmas Carol!

Off to eat now, yum!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                                I saw it on stage at Stratford and at one of the London shows where the understudy had to take over.
                                I am very much looking forward to the BBC version (DVD is on pre-order).

And of course, Doctor Who - The End of Time. *sniff*
                                OOh I'd forgotten a Muppet Christmas Carol! I love that. I love A Christmas Carol in general and the muppet version rocks.

I'm looking forward to The End of Time too, but in a different way...hankies will be at the ready!
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X