X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    It's that time of year again.
    Almost Christmas Card time.
    Early I know. My grinchy hero is glaring at me...however the time limits of the worldwide postal system demands that we think ahead.
    Are you guys in the mood for a Christmas Card exchange again this year? If so, Paper cards or e-mail cards?
    I"m personally more of a paper card person, that said, postage in the US isn't as horrible as it is in other parts of the world.
    So....are folks willing? if you could reply in some way and give a general idea of how many wish to participate then i can know if we continue on.
    The christmas card swap is just that. If you wish to participate, you send me your snail mail addy. I collect them and - after a designated deadline - pass that complete list of addresses to everyone that signed up. Then you send a card to every person on that list.
    so if 20 sign up, that's 20 cards to send.
    Now these don't have to be expensive cards. Heck, you can get the little 20 cards per box that they have at the dollar store. Or just write a note or make your own. The card itself doesn't matter, just that you send it.
    The international deadline for Canada post is the end of november for cards to be sent internationally. So i'm tinking if we have an address collection deadline of end of october, i'll send them out to all that sign up by the first of november, that gives folks 3 weeks to get cards in the mail.
    sound good?
    Ok, so first, a general head count...do folks want to exchange cards? If enough agree, i'll be happy to be the collection point for addresses.
    I'm willing...and able...please add me to the list Sky!!! Thank you very muchly!
    Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post
    no screen caps of AT in SGU? i have to wait until tuesday (or whenever i get to see it)?
    ah well.
    Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    go to gateworld, and then the gallery for sgu's 'air', parts one and two. she's in there.
    Thank you Sally...and parsifal! In some of the pics,
    Spoiler:
    Sam looks almost...upset?
    But Amanda's hair...daughter and I had a huge debate over the colour...she said it was still dark like Helen dark but I said it depends on when she's in the right light...it's definitely lighter but not like the blonde blonde of SG1 days...which is fine...I love it anyway it comes!

(((Samandans)))
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ok

thus far for Christmas/Holiday cards i have

ChelleDB
      KatJoy
      Ames
      SamCarterRules
      Donamac
      Tittamiire
      Skydiver

Just add your name to the list if you want to participate.

WHen you get a chance, pm/e-mail me your snail mail addy and i'll start the list. I already have a couple of addresses that have been sent in.

We'll have until the end of October to send in addresses and I'll get them back to participants the first week of November so they have about 3 weeks to get cards done.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        Ok

thus far for Christmas/Holiday cards i have

ChelleDB
        KatJoy
        Ames
        SamCarterRules
        Donamac
        Tittamiire
        Skydiver

Just add your name to the list if you want to participate.

WHen you get a chance, pm/e-mail me your snail mail addy and i'll start the list. I already have a couple of addresses that have been sent in.

We'll have until the end of October to send in addresses and I'll get them back to participants the first week of November so they have about 3 weeks to get cards done.
        Added!

ChelleDB
        KatJoy
        Ames
        SamCarterRules
        Donamac
        Tittamiire
        Skydiver
        Fresh Horse

PM sent!

Comment

Got Questions About Syfy’s Alice, Caprica, Sanctuary or Stargate Universe?
          http://www.tvaholic.com/2009/10/05/g...gate-universe/

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            but...but...I used a VCR, Tape and a digital camera....and had help from Rox!

*Hopes I still have my Luddite standing*
            We'll submit your defence at the meeting.

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post
            well, ya see, i went and got all busy! then i just couldn't jump back in. i lurked for a while. then i just thought maybe i'd sneek back in unnoticed, all ninja-like. i think it went pretty well.
            Until Mandy announced you were back!

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

I don't think you can kick her out yet. Now if she ever gets a tv card in her computer and records it that way, THEN you can have a vote. She's still a luddite at heart.

As for the Christmas card thing, while I'd love to participate, the reality is that the last two years I've been horribly behind in sending the cards I already do, so adding more to the list would mean folks might get them next July! So I'm afraid I'll have to pass.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

ChelleDB
              KatJoy
              Ames
              SamCarterRules
              Donamac
              Tittamiire
              Skydiver
              Fresh Horse
              Celandine

PM on it's way.

As to SGU, the non-linear storytelling was confusing for me and imo, having so many flashbacks in a premiere wasn't the best idea. Still, certain characters are very interesting and I'm very intrigued to see where they go. On the flip side, some annoyed me from the start, but at least I felt something toward them. To feel neither way would be deadly to the show. If I'm not mistaken, SGU is supposed to be more character-driven anyways, rather than focusing too much on the adventure/exploration of the different planets Destiny comes within range of. That being said, the show has grown on me somewhat already and I'll be tuning in next week and the weeks to follow to see what kinds of journeys Wright and Cooper take us on each week.

Fridays will definitely be one's to look forward to now with SGU and Sanctuary!

Four days till Sanctuary S2!

Comment

ChelleDB
                KatJoy
                Ames
                SamCarterRules
                Donamac
                Tittamiire
                Skydiver
                Fresh Horse
                Celandine
                EvenstarSRV

I'm game, I've never done the Christmas cards thing but it sounds like fun.

sigpic

Comment

You know what we can do, and this is just an idea and 100% voluntary....those in the overseas countries where postage is such a witch, you can send PM or e-mail holiday greetings if you want.

Every user, in their profile, has the option to allowing others to contact them via e-mail.

Or you can post a general public 'happy holidays' in here and it means just as much.

No pressure to anyone. Trust me I know how nutso life can be. And things are to be fun, not a burden or trial.

And heck, greetings or not, we're all in here around the holidays chatting and talking. That's most of the fun
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ChelleDB
                    KatJoy
                    Ames
                    SamCarterRules
                    Donamac
                    Tittamiire
                    Skydiver
                    Fresh Horse
                    Celandine
                    EvenstarSRV
                    scifithinker
                    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

ChelleDB
                      KatJoy
                      Ames
                      SamCarterRules
                      Donamac
                      Tittamiire
                      Skydiver
                      Fresh Horse
                      Celandine
                      EvenstarSRV
                      scifithinker
                      slurredspeech

Yay for Christmas spirit.
                      you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

ChelleDB
                        KatJoy
                        Ames
                        SamCarterRules
                        Donamac
                        Tittamiire
                        Skydiver
                        Fresh Horse
                        Celandine
                        EvenstarSRV
                        scifithinker
                        slurredspeech
                        Mumsey

Did you keep the addresses from last year, or do you need me to send it again?

Mumsey
                        (Escaping the grindstone for a quick whiz around the boards)
                        Last edited by SWMBOTGSG; 05 October 2009, 02:38 PM. Reason: added herself too far up the thread.
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Well, if you can believe what you read, The Province (a Vancouver paper) says season 3 of Sanctuary is a go. This is what it said in an article about Ryan Robbins:

More recently, he's settled into the ensemble on the Canadian-produced TV series Sanctuary, the effects-heavy monster adventure that just got the nod to film a third season.

The link is http://www.theprovince.com/entertain...666/story.html

Thanks to kes for the info.

(Wow, that was a copy and paste and a link all in one post. I may be in danger of losing my Luddite status. )

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Well, if you can believe what you read, The Province (a Vancouver paper) says season 3 of Sanctuary is a go. This is what it said in an article about Ryan Robbins:

More recently, he's settled into the ensemble on the Canadian-produced TV series Sanctuary, the effects-heavy monster adventure that just got the nod to film a third season.

The link is http://www.theprovince.com/entertain...666/story.html
                            Well, if indeed a third season has been approved, then ..... YIPPEEE!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              well, if indeed a third season has been approved, then ..... Yippeee! :d
                              Ditto!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                (Wow, that was a copy and paste and a link all in one post. I may be in danger of losing my Luddite status. )
                                We'll add your case to Mandy's for review of your luddite status

*begins plotting to get a TV card into their computers*
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X