Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I couldn't take it anymore so I made my own version of this Promo.
    It's not perfect, but I think it's much better than the original. At least Sam
    doesn't look so out of place and insignificant now. The lighting is still really
    weird, but not sure there is much I can do to fix that. Oh well.

Season 9 Promo

Amanda has been back for what 5 episodes? how long does it take to take a picture of the entire cast and use that for the s9 promo?
    My first thought when i saw this photo is just what are tptb hiding from us because that by shoving Sam in the back ground that is imho what it looks like!
    ......TARA......

Comment

doesn't look so out of place and insignificant now. The lighting is still really

Season 9 Promo
      Yours IS better. Beau Bridges is so big in the original. I know he's a big name, but the SG1 team should be most prominent.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
        The Stargate Project website has a new picture of Amanda, along with CJ and BB. There's also a team photo. It's really nice (except for Chris's hair. Oy.)

http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=310

Now why could'nt scifi website use that team pic to show? A much better pic with Sam in the front! Heh, heh, should have waited untill i read the entire thread before moaning, sorry!
        ......TARA......

Comment

Season 9 Promo
          Oh yours is MUCH better than the original. Think you could give a course on proper use of Photoshop? I have forgotten so much, nothing I've tried lately has worked and you are simply terrific with it.

Did I mention I love your new sig? :-)

Edit: I went back at looked at the promo shot again. You know, it really is terrible, period. Ben Browder doesn't even look like himself....he does look like he caught a wiff of something vile. As for Beau Bridges, he is just TOO imposing. You'd think they would try harder to come up with a great S9 promo shot. After all, they are pushing this as the "new" start for the SG-1 team. (sighs)
          Last edited by Atteria; 01 July 2005, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Season 9 Promo

thier photoshop peson really doesn't ever do a good job. the atlantis pics are horribly clipped together, and the s7 ones, heck they didn't even cut out all of jonas before they stuck MS in.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The Stargate Project website has a new picture of Amanda, along with CJ and BB. There's also a team photo. It's really nice (except for Chris's hair. Oy.)

OOOOH! That is a really good team photo!! Amanda looks great!!
              How weird though... I'm assuming that all these photos come from Scifi...why wouldn't they use these photos up on their own websites instead of using old manipulated ones? Also, I wonder why there is no photo of Daniel??

But ya know... I had never seen a picture of Ben and Michael together before but now that have, I can understand all the rumors about them looking like twins. In that team photo, if Daniel wasn't wearing his glasses, I think I might have had to do a double take to see which one was which.

I read an interview with MS that the big wigs at MGM requested that Daniel wear a beard at the beginning of Season nine so that the new viewers could differentiate between Daniel and Cameron. I thought it was an exaggeration but now that I see them together I guess I can understand a bit more.

Comment

Sehr gut! This team picture is much better. Amanda looks great. I don't mind Teal'c with hair, but it's too long or something in this picture. Thanks for sharing this site.

Comment

Wow!! This team picture looks fabulous! They all look really good (I kinda like Teal'c hair). And Amanda looks amazing! Great to see some season 9 photos!

Also, it looks to me that our Lt. Colonel Carter is still in the military!! Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                    Wow!! This team picture looks fabulous! They all look really good (I kinda like Teal'c hair). And Amanda looks amazing! Great to see some season 9 photos!

Also, it looks to me that our Lt. Colonel Carter is still in the military!! Woohoo!
                    I wasn't sure how you could tell, so I went back and looked. In the single shot of AT, it looks like you can see the chain for her dog tags...

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc

I don't know if Sam's still in the military. If it's because of the USAF patch, that might be misleading. Daniel and Teal'c have the USAF patch on their jackets as well as they are "civilians" employed by the USAF. More than likely she is, and I'm sort of bummed about it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        I wasn't sure how you could tell, so I went back and looked. In the single shot of AT, it looks like you can see the chain for her dog tags...
                        Good catch! And in the big picture she and Ben have the same arm patch. I wonder if it's safe to assume (always a bad word) she's still military.

Edit: Never mind. Chevron already noted the arm path thingy.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Which I couldn't see in that black and white photo ot AT&BB (from the TV guide)...

Comment

I don't know if Sam's still in the military. If it's because of the USAF patch, that might be misleading. Daniel and Teal'c have the USAF patch on their jackets as well as they are "civilians" employed by the USAF. More than likely she is, and I'm sort of bummed about it.
                            bummed that she is or isn't in the military?

Comment

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Below are SPOILER PROMOTIONAL PHOTOS FOR SEASON 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If for some bizarre reason you don't want to see them, then feel free to avert your gaze.

I MEAN IT!!! Look away...LOOK AWAY NOW!!!!

AAAH! I caught you peeking, didn't I?????

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                                A bit OT from the cake discussion, but I got such a giggle from tonight’s Sci-Fi rerun of Forsaken. I had forgotten this was the episode with the telescope scene. It always makes me grin because Jack gets caught when he should have known better – since he loves his telescope stargazing hobby. And Sam can hardly contain herself.

Jack walks up to Sam who is fiddling with a telescope.

JACK: Lots of interesting nebulous things going on?
                                SAM: Yes Sir.
                                Jack looks into the telescope.
                                JACK: I don’t see squat.
                                SAM: You wouldn’t Sir, during the day.

Jack abruptly stands up.
                                SAM: When the local suns sets and it gets dark, you can actually see a luminous layer of ionized gas around the dying core expanding.
                                JACK: Fascinating.
                                SAM: You don’t care

JACK: Hey, I like gas as much as the next guy.
                                SAM: Five hours to darkness, Sir.
                                (I *love* Sam's laugh in the last pic. )
                                What fun, Samfan! Thanks so much for posting these screencaps along with the dialogue
                                Originally posted by SamFan31
                                I agree with the comments majorsal and others have made about Doris Day and Amanda. So, I went picture hunting. This pic was before the Pillow Talk era, but the similarity in their poses was kinda fun.

Wonderful comparison, Samfan! And very impressive photoshopping - I like the border between the pics - -and how you included the cushion that DD is sitting on. Excellent job!

Comment

Working...
                                X