Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    I think she also mentioned the Tappinator on a blog?

Anyway hearing that interview and the testosterone comment it would be fun if someone asked AT at a convention about hanging out with JS & RL. She didn't get many scenes with RL, but I always like those behind the scenes insights.

On a related note, what's the status of the Women of the Gates ficathon? I seem to have lost the link...
    You mean "blogs" .

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....64&postcount=1

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....37&postcount=6

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....7&postcount=24

6 and 24 are my faves, I love that Jewel called Amanda a space hottie.

Comment

I think she also mentioned the Tappinator on a blog?

Anyway hearing that interview and the testosterone comment it would be fun if someone asked AT at a convention about hanging out with JS & RL. She didn't get many scenes with RL, but I always like those behind the scenes insights.

On a related note, what's the status of the Women of the Gates ficathon? I seem to have lost the link...
      remind me and i'll post it this evening. (i can't go to lj at work)

i didn't look at the poll, but i know i have my fic done
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

http://community.livejournal.com/gate_women/
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          thanks for the links rocky jewels comments are too cute
          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
            No problem . Btw, I find them cute because she's talking about The Tappinator .

(((((The Tappinator)))))

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
              Thanks, Rocky. Always great to hear good comments--unsolicted no less--about Amanda. It's no secret I wasn't a big fan of Keller, but JS does seem like a nice & fun person.

Polar Bear thank-you hug.

Comment

Has anyone heard back from Kamil as to what's happening with the site and the birthday messages for Amanda??
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

no. I've mailed him twice at another e-mail that i have and no answer. I tried to e-mail a friend of his and no response.

I think i'm going to send an e-mail to a second tier of friends

I'm sure he's just busy.

on the upside - so to speak, the mail is bouncing everyone, so when he gets back from wherever he is and has zero mails, he's gonna know something's wrong

sigpic

Comment

so, on a very different topic, anyone here like Deadliest Catch??

I think i've written one of the oddest crossover fics ever

http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/a...re/roworw.html

(Penguin warning)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      so, on a very different topic, anyone here like Deadliest Catch??

I think i've written one of the oddest crossover fics ever

http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/a...re/roworw.html

(Penguin warning)
                      Well, if it carries a penguin warning, then I must check it out...even though I don't usually go for crossovers.

But I like your stuff.

Comment

OT- Hey y'all just some sad news, my grandmother Alice, my dad's mom was taken to the hospital today, and it seems she may have Alzheimer's, the doctors did some tests, and it does look like she does . She's been forgetting things lately, and she was taken to the hospital because she was weak and wasn't eating .

My sister's at my mom's house for summer school and she started crying when I told her the news, and so did my other grandmother, Maria, when I told her the news. My parents lived in the same building before I was born, and my grandmother (my mother's mom) was the super of the building and she was close with my other grandmother (my dad's mother). She's feeling better but it still hurts to see her like that, and my sister can't come see her right now because she's not in Oakville, she has to wait until my mom's boyfriend comes home from is business trip to go see her because my mom doesn't have a car. My grandmother is alright now, but we're hoping she can come home soon.

I've always been much closer to my grandmother Maria because I spend a lo more time with her, and I use her address to get letters from you guys , but my grandmother Alice is still my grandmother and I'll help her if I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          no. I've mailed him twice at another e-mail that i have and no answer. I tried to e-mail a friend of his and no response.
                          I think i'm going to send an e-mail to a second tier of friends
                          I'm sure he's just busy.
                          on the upside - so to speak, the mail is bouncing everyone, so when he gets back from wherever he is and has zero mails, he's gonna know something's wrong
                          I retried again today and I didn't get any non delivery notifications so maybe its working now. But I don't trust anything when it come to the mail...be it email or regular. Am in a bit of a tiz with the mail here atm with an important document arriving a week late and thus causing me quite a lot of grief.
                          Hopefully the message got through to Kamil today. What is it though with people who don't respond to emails?? I mean more so the emails that are pertinent to things such as conventions and the like. Or am I just running on no luck atm?
                          Oh hey, just watched Continuum for the third time...it gets better each time...but I still think Sam seemed so sad throughout the movie. Still can't believe that she would do nothing for that whole year. Not that I want to start that debate again!
                          Sky...bad juju??? Sweet little fic!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I send a message I think 2 days ago and it didn't bounce back (that I know of).
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              I retried again today and I didn't get any non delivery notifications so maybe its working now. But I don't trust anything when it come to the mail...be it email or regular.
                              Spoiler:
                              Am in a bit of a tiz with the mail here atm with an important document arriving a week late and thus causing me quite a lot of grief.
                              Hopefully the message got through to Kamil today. What is it though with people who don't respond to emails?? I mean more so the emails that are pertinent to things such as conventions and the like. Or am I just running on no luck atm?
                              Oh hey, just watched Continuum for the third time...it gets better each time...but I still think Sam seemed so sad throughout the movie. Still can't believe that she would do nothing for that whole year. Not that I want to start that debate again!
                              Sky...bad juju??? Sweet little fic!
                              Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                              I send a message I think 2 days ago and it didn't bounce back (that I know of).
                              i just tried sending my bday greeting to AT and it bounced straight back again

OT- Hey y'all just some sad news, my grandmother Alice, my dad's mom was taken to the hospital today, and it seems she may have Alzheimer's, the doctors did some tests, and it does look like she does . She's been forgetting things lately, and she was taken to the hospital because she was weak and wasn't eating .

My sister's at my mom's house for summer school and she started crying when I told her the news, and so did my other grandmother, Maria, when I told her the news. My parents lived in the same building before I was born, and my grandmother (my mother's mom) was the super of the building and she was close with my other grandmother (my dad's mother). She's feeling better but it still hurts to see her like that, and my sister can't come see her right now because she's not in Oakville, she has to wait until my mom's boyfriend comes home from is business trip to go see her because my mom doesn't have a car. My grandmother is alright now, but we're hoping she can come home soon.

I've always been much closer to my grandmother Maria because I spend a lo more time with her, and I use her address to get letters from you guys , but my grandmother Alice is still my grandmother and I'll help her if I can.
                              sorry to hear that rocky

i actually know a song about alzheimers, its very touching...
                              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I tried sending one and it bounced a couple of days ago.

HOWEVER

I have heard that Kamil has been told there's a problem, but he's out of town, so unable to do anything about it right away.

but he knows there's an issue and i'm sure he'll get on it as soon as he can when he gets back.

So, hang onto your messages and we'll do our best to let people know when the e-mail is up and running.

I know there are a couple of folks that are worried about going on vacation or the such and missing the deadline. If you're one of those, let me know and you can mail it to me and i'll forward it onto him when the e-mail is working again

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X