No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the MPAA find the majority of illegal download sites?

they employee people to subscribe to mailing lists, forums and the such to use peoples' posts against them, to first shut down the site, and second gather the info that allows them to potentially file charges, not only against those that are uploading the stuff, but downloading it as well. and have even gone after the sites where the info is posted.

Just last week a woman had to pay tens of thousands of dollars in penalties and fees for her children illegally downloading music.

the MPAA and RIAA are making examples of people. This is why GW has a very strict 'do not admit to, post links to or generally, discuss illegal download links'

they're a forbidden topic here, and posting the links has gotten people banned.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Whoa, whoa, everyone come down, I'm not going to do those things, alright?... jezz. Let's not go ovet the top. No need to warn me with the FBI and stuff. All I wanted to do was spread a little joy, but it seems I have to be warned with the FBI first.

Besides I don't think the second part of what I wanted to do is possibale anyway. Thank you Sarah for the nice words, at least you and a couple of others understand what I wanted to do. So yeah, I won't do it, no need to call the FBI on me or anything.

Comment

awsome. Now that that is settled

The fourth is this weekend, SG-1 has the long holiday weekend off (here in the states, since the 4th is on a saturday, we get friday off)...what'll they - and sam - do for the weekend?

sigpic

Comment

has anyone heard this song?- <snip>

The f word is used a lot, but it's funny .
          Last edited by Skydiver; 29 June 2009, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kickoutwoolsey View Post
            has anyone heard this song?-<snip>

The f word is used a lot, but it's funny .
            You'd better delete that quick, that's bad .

Seriously, get that out of here.
            Last edited by Skydiver; 29 June 2009, 06:57 PM.

Comment

how about, since that song is definitely rated R, you share the link privately

sigpic

Comment

Post anything else that's not PG and you'll take a break from posting freely

I don't care how funny you think it is

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

The fourth is this weekend, SG-1 has the long holiday weekend off (here in the states, since the 4th is on a saturday, we get friday off)...what'll they - and sam - do for the weekend?
                  Motorbike road trip! Sam's brought them all round to her way of thinking now, especially with Cam on her side on the motorbikes are awesome front.

Or you know...barbecue, burn stuff and wash it all down with beer.

Heh, the one 4th of July I spent in the States I had an educational visit to a Baptist Church in Tennessee and then climbed a mountain....I'm sure I was conned out of a party somewhere in there...
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                  My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by lonelygirl19
                    whoa don't you guys think you you're being a little hard on him? i mean, why not just delete his post about that, and pm him or something telling him not to do it?
                    i'm new here but you shouldn't threaten him or anyone who says they're going to do it. i know some users on GW that do that, so why are they doing it? so yeah why not just delete the post and tell him this in private?
                    One of the reason why Sky, who is a mod, should post it on the thread is so that anyone else who is thinking of doing anything like this can read it and be warned at the same time. Makes sense. I don't think it was so much a threat but rather a warning. I don't think there was any malice in what was said.
                    In all likelihood, Sam would work in her lab and catch up on something that has been eluding her. The boys...I would imagine Daniel would also catch up on reports and what not and Teal'c would probably go see Rya'c and Jack...fishing!!! Its only a long weekend!! Or...they could all end up at Jack's for dinner one night and then just chill at home. They really aren't that different from us...except they save the planet about a gazillion times and have the most excellent adventures!!! I sooo wish I could go through the gate..I sooo wish the gate was actually real!!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      Trivia, that scene was supposed to me me and Sam, that's the real version there but they decided it'd make more sense with it being Jack to be in there with her. So they took out my voice and added his in my place.

i bet you wont find that one in the deleted scenes

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      This picture, I think perfectly foreshadows the pic me and Amanda will one day take together . If we ever meet.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/p...89_03/0620.jpg

Oh yeah, that is definitely me .
                      that is an adorable fan photo, hehe...

i reckon theyd celebrate out at jacks cabin... tealc would be right into it, like he is with movies and other earth things... daniel would probably consider staying behind and working but then think why not and join them... but jack would have to convince sam not to work the long weekend away... i can just see him telling her all the cool things they will be doing and sam saying but i got this and that to do and jack telling her she cant work all the time, she needs to unwind, thats an order
                      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally Posted by Skydiver

For the long weekend i could see Jack would go to his cabin and he'd ask Sam to join him which she'd be unsure about at first but then he'd say she could take her bike to work on and Daniel and Teal'c they would join Sam and Jack later but Daniel would take Teal'c out to expeariance more the delights of earth eg:laser skirmish,paint ball game then near the end they'd all hang out at the cabin
                        sigpic
                        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I just had to come here and share this awesome news...I've been bidding on an auction to have dinner with Amanda when she's out here...and I got a seat!!!!!
                          Along with 9 other lucky peeps, we'll be having dinner with Amanda!!!
                          I'm just a wee bit excited...actually to be honest...I'm over the moon!
                          I'm going to have dinner with Amanda!!!! Yay!!!!!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB
                            I just had to come here and share this awesome news...I've been bidding on an auction to have dinner with Amanda when she's out here...and I got a seat!!!!!
                            OMG! Congrats Chelle you are soooooooooooo lucky Congrats again
                            sigpic
                            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

!!!!!WOOHOO!!!!!

way to go chelle... that is sooooo awesome and exciting i would have loved to have gotten a seat at that dinner...
                              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

You have no idea how stressful this has been in the last hour. Add to all this the pain that is email...had major major issues with my email but have a friend who has helped me out in the most amazing way! Can't explain yet but suffice to say, I shall be dining with the lovely Amanda!
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X