Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    i agree. i'd love to help you out. i know it couldnt have been cheap and since the gift is from all of us, i'd love to help you out with the costs
    I also agree and wouldn't mind pitching in some help for such a great gift.
    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
    Hic Comitas Regit
    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      How, oh HOW did you create 100 posts in two hours?!?!?!?!? I am so jealous!
      Okay...at first this might appear to be offtopic...but bear with me...

Here's a spoiler pic of Jack in Origin.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/903_10.shtml

Please notice his epaulet. Now I SEE 2 stars here. Do you?

SO...

Jack...who was promoted to Brigadier General and then about 30 seconds later promoted Sam to Lt. Colonel...has now been promoted to Major General.

Then isn't it within the realm of possibility that Sam has been promoted to full Colonel?

Hmmm?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

[QUOTE=ChopinGal]
        Originally posted by Atteria

Hear, hear to all of the above and, regarding your "surgery date", seriously wishing you a happy ending with some prime post-op time with the cute surgeon. If he tells bedside jokes, he's probably quite a "cut up"! Sorry, I could not resist!
        Just for that, I'm going to post a pic of my scar! Ha!

(I'll try and get a pic of the doc too, he is seriously cute)

OK, I'm REALLY going to bed now. Really.....

Comment

In regards to sky's friendly little challenge, isn't AT a long-distance runner? I'm trying to remember when and where I heard that, but I distinctly remember AT saying it's "a lonely sport" or something along those lines... Hmmm...

*Raises eyebrows in Daniel-like fashion*
          Ah, anyway so I guess Sam's a runner. She runs to relax, runs to burn off some steam when she knows not to take on Teal'c.

While I agree that she probably thought Jake Weber to be QUITE handsome, I'd like to think that she has a secret stash of Carol Burnett DVDs somewhere where the guys can't find them, heh heh...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Okay...at first this might appear to be offtopic...but bear with me...

Here's a spoiler pic of Jack in Origin.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/903_10.shtml

Please notice his epaulet. Now I SEE 2 stars here. Do you?

SO...

Jack...who was promoted to Brigadier General and then about 30 seconds later promoted Sam to Lt. Colonel...has now been promoted to Major General.

Then isn't it within the realm of possibility that Sam has been promoted to full Colonel?

Hmmm?
            Looks like 2 stars to me, but I need new glasses. Anyone else, with good eyesight have an opinion?

As for Sam being promoted to full Colonel.....sounds good to me. Would solve the problem of who leads the team now, wouldn't it? (hint hint)

Comment

I don't think I want Sam to be a full colonel, because the fact that it's REALLY unrealistic would have a certain legion of fans screaming for months - and I wouldn't want her promoted if it meant that people would constantly be questioning her ability in the field. Plus, let's face it, she hasn't really had enough experience as a L. Colonel to be justifiably promoted.

Unless you count all the times she's helped save the world... If that were the case, Jack and Sam would have been Generals a LOOONG time ago.

Comment

I don't think I want Sam to be a full colonel, because the fact that it's REALLY unrealistic would have a certain legion of fans screaming for months - and I wouldn't want her promoted if it meant that people would constantly be questioning her ability in the field. Plus, let's face it, she hasn't really had enough experience as a L. Colonel to be justifiably promoted.

Unless you count all the times she's helped save the world... If that were the case, Jack and Sam would have been Generals a LOOONG time ago.
                But just to play devil's advocate here 'cause you know I adore ya Spazzy...Jack's had the same amount of time to be a General as Sam's had to be a Lt. Colonel...

So it's realistic for Jack to be promoted and yet for Sam to not be?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Dedicated to All Our Milestone Posters Tonight! Congrats!

Twenty Questions

What a great poem!!! ChopinGal you are wonderful talent
                  In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                  so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                  Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                  Hic Comitas Regit
                  Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    But just to play devil's advocate here 'cause you know I adore ya Spazzy...Jack's had the same amount of time to be a General as Sam's had to be a Lt. Colonel...

So it's realistic for Jack to be promoted and yet for Sam to not be?
                    Nope. Not realistic at all, actually. But he won't be there for people to whine about. Sam, on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Now that I've mused in these new directions, I'm trying to decide how I feel about them. As a S/J shipper,
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm giddy with the possibilities.

As a proud member of the SAGC Thread, and a Sam fan in general, I'm
                      Spoiler:
                      still weighing the impact of the change, and what it all means for Sam.

What are your reactions?
                      that's exactly how i feel about it. of two minds.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        I just went to Gatecon's site looking to see what new additions they have to there line-up and they have posted a new announcement:

AMANDA UNABLE TO ATTEND GATECON

Due to work commitments, Amanda Tapping will be unable to make an appearance at Gatecon 2005

if i would have been going, i would be crying right now.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria

As for Sam being promoted to full Colonel.....sounds good to me. Would solve the problem of who leads the team now, wouldn't it? (hint hint)
                          OR, if she doesn't get the team back, would we mind as much if she'd been promoted to full colonel? my answer... i don't know.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=sg-1fanintn]
                            Originally posted by astrogeologist

What if.....and I'm just saying what if here......
                            Spoiler:
                            she's left the military to become head of scientific research at Area 51.....or she has simply been put in charge at Area 51? Wouldn't that be a better job, which would open up new options for her character in terms of access to resources?

It would also.....and don't shoot me here......give TPTB a way to put BB in charge without it being an insult to Sam. If Sam went on to something bigger and better, how could we resent BB (Just channeling TPTB, not stating an opinion!)? After all, he wouldn't have TAKEN something to which SHE WAS ENTITLED. He would have been GIVEN something she had left LEFT BEHIND.

Of course, it also means they still have to call her back into service, because they can't handle the new threats/challenges without her. That's a pretty big compliment in and of itself.....and would allow TPTB to wrap everything up in a neat little package.

And, if you are a S/J shipper, there are two other points to consider:

Spoiler:
                            1. This change would get her further from Jack's control (i.e., chain of command), and allow them to be together.

2. Remember what Jacob said in Grace and Threads: "You joined the Air Force because of me, Sam. Don't let the rules stand in the way of you being happy." Think how many of those words from Grace were repeated in Threads, and how many have come true.

Oma-1 and I were just musing on these possibilities, based on a JM Q & A she posted on the S/J Ship Family Thread earlier today.

Now that I've mused in these new directions, I'm trying to decide how I feel about them. As a S/J shipper,
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm giddy with the possibilities.

As a proud member of the SAGC Thread, and a Sam fan in general, I'm
                            Spoiler:
                            still weighing the impact of the change, and what it all means for Sam.

What are your reactions?

I really like that idea, also i remember reading an interview from Amanda a while ago that she said about Sam, she says that Sam was motivated by science it was the driving force of this woman so if tptb use this to move Sam along the road so to speak that what be fantastic!
                            Remember in COTG just how much like a kid in a candy store Sam looked like, i would love to see that combined with all what she has seen and done over the years.

As for the shipper in me, i'm waiting with bated breath to see where the next part of Sam and Jacks journey
                            ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              OR, if she doesn't get the team back, would we mind as much if she'd been promoted to full colonel? my answer... i don't know.

sally
                              That's another thing, I'd rather Sam have command (or joint command) of SG-1 than not be on the team anymore. That'd be pretty sad.

Although, I'm sure that if AT were to leave the series after the ninth or tenth season or if the series were to end, it'd provide the perfect opportunity for Sam to go back to her first passion: Science. AT said somewhere (I'm sorry, I can't remember where) that she basically looks at Sam as a soldier, but mostly as a scientist. If all Ori and Goau'ld threats were eliminated, Sam was promoted to full colonel, and was then given full authority over Area 51 or the Alpha Site, I can totally see her jumping at the chance to do it.

Plus, you know... Everybody wins...

Comment

(Re: Skydiver's prolific accomplishment) How, oh HOW did you create 100 posts in two hours?!?!?!?!? I am so jealous!
                                Now that's a REAL Egeria moment!! Spawn, baby, spawn!

Comment

Working...
                                X