X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    Hi all!
    I come bearing a gift of sorts.,
    Today I went to the city to meet a friend who had been so lucky to go to the Vancouver con. So we met up for a hot chocolate...no coffee for me ...and a chat and of course I wanted to hear all about her trip.
    So imagine to my utter shock and surprise when she presents this to me...which I have also posted in the Gabit thread. I'm over the moon...and higher!!

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=P1110944.flv

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=P1120996.flv

I'm sorry but I thought it would be fun to share. You might have heard my squee this afternoon!!
    And this evening when I showed hubby and the kids!!
    Anyhoo, after a not so great week, this was just the best thing ever. I don't know how I can thank Beth enough. How do you thank someone who does that for you?

Antoa...great pics...I'm still going through them though...but wow...awesome...and soooo many!!! Thank you for sharing!

Id love to play more but RL is demanding other things. Night night all, take care and stay safe! (((Samandans)))
    Amanda: Hi Chelle, it's Amanda here, I can't wait to see you at AT4, thank you for all your support *Amanda blows Chelle a kiss*

*Rocky runs in like The Flash, and catches Amanda's kiss*

*Rocky runs off happy and in love*

Rocky: I got it, now to run home and put it in my safe, thus increasing my AT collection, HAHAHA ....
    Last edited by Rocky89; 21 May 2009, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Pfffft, Rocky. It wouldn't be much of a surprise if it were announced months in advance.
      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
        I'm glad it's a joke right?

But I really bought it

Would I really sign that petition? Never, Jamais, Nooit
        What??? i thought it was funny .

Comment

humor is very, VERY subjective.

some think watching a guy get kicked in the gonads is hysterically funny while others think it's in poor taste. some love the three stooges, others hate them with a passion
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            humor is very, VERY subjective.

some think watching a guy get kicked in the gonads is hysterically funny while others think it's in poor taste. some love the three stooges, others hate them with a passion
            Who are the three stooges?

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Actually, it prevents my clients from always being able to get hold of me. One has to get a break sometime. Besides, we Luddites are in good company. AT may have a phone but she's a Luddite at heart. Besides, cell phones are bad for the environment and kill brain cells, right suse?

I have no idea. I've killed too many brain cells. The cell is my long distance carrier.

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

There's a new interview with Amanda on the Aussie Sci Fi Pi blog http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1052
                -

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  When you guys hear a song on the radio, do you ever think of Sam/Amanda?
                  I was flipping stations in the car & that ZZ Top? song that goes "She's got legs, and she knows how to use them" came on. What came to mind was Rocky and his thing for AT's legs. Sorry, Rock--don't have any pictures I can post for you.
                  It's not really the whole song, but a stanza from Coldplay's The Scientist that always reminds me of Sam:

I was just guessing at numbers and figures,
                  Pulling your puzzles apart.
                  Questions of science, science and progress,
                  Do not speak as loud as my heart.

For Amanda, after I saw that video where AT said she sounds like a chipmunk when she laughs, I always got an extra chuckle whenever I heard the Alvin & the Chipmunks Christmas song on the radio.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kickoutwoolsey View Post
                    Who are the three stooges?
                    Eh-T, Mandy and Jan.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                    It's not really the whole song, but a stanza from Coldplay's The Scientist that always reminds me of Sam:

I was just guessing at numbers and figures,
                    Pulling your puzzles apart.
                    Questions of science, science and progress,
                    Do not speak as loud as my heart.

For Amanda, after I saw that video where AT said she sounds like a chipmunk when she laughs, I always got an extra chuckle whenever I heard the Alvin & the Chipmunks Christmas song on the radio.
                    I just want a hula hoop.

Oh, and GO WINGS!
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      There's a new interview with Amanda on the Aussie Sci Fi Pi blog http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1052
                      Thanks!

But geez ... how many times can this interviewer confuse Samanta / Amanda?? I caught 2 in the first couple of lines I read.

EDIT: ok, I finished reading the interview and tbh ... it's a very nice interview! Didn't see any more mistakes either.
                      Last edited by SamJackShipLover; 21 May 2009, 10:45 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        Thank you RoX!!
                        My apologies for not having scanned that article yet as I can't figure out the scanner on my own. (BIG time Luddite here!!) I will do it, rest assured...but please just give me a few days!

(((Samandans)))

I was and am not impressed with that post on the other page...really not appropriate, joke or not.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Wow... it doesn't take many drinks to effect my judgement now days. I went to Friday night drinks before my shift. 2 gins and tonics... then I got a prank call. I recognised the phone number because we had already had the same idiots call several times.

Neep: "Hi welcome to [support service name] you're speaking to Eileen, how can I help?"
                          Pranker: "Giday mate"
                          Neep: "Uh huh..."
                          Pranker: "Is this 0800-suck-me-off?"
                          Neep: "Ha Ha! That's what your mother said last night!"

I am so fired. Managers on duty thought it was hilarious, saved it and emailed it around.

Then I had then best call of my life. My client loved me and tried to recruit me as motivational weight loss advisor. Hehe, head hunted.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            Wow... it doesn't take many drinks to effect my judgement now days. I went to Friday night drinks before my shift. 2 gins and tonics... then I got a prank call. I recognised the phone number because we had already had the same idiots call several times.

Neep: "Hi welcome to [support service name] you're speaking to Eileen, how can I help?"
                            Pranker: "Giday mate"
                            Neep: "Uh huh..."
                            Pranker: "Is this 0800-suck-me-off?"
                            Neep: "Ha Ha! That's what your mother said last night!"

I am so fired. Managers on duty thought it was hilarious, saved it and emailed it around.

Then I had then best call of my life. My client loved me and tried to recruit me as motivational weight loss advisor. Hehe, head hunted.
                            Drinking before you shift? What were you thinking???
                            You should drink during your shift!

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                              I just want a hula hoop.

Oh, and GO WINGS!
                              Heh, I'm still miffed at the Wings for beating my Canes for the 2002 Cup, so I'm rooting for the Hawks.

But the Wings are scarily good this year, as are the Pens, so it'll most likely be a rematch of last years final.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                              Thanks!

But geez ... how many times can this interviewer confuse Samanta / Amanda?? I caught 2 in the first couple of lines I read.

EDIT: ok, I finished reading the interview and tbh ... it's a very nice interview! Didn't see any more mistakes either.
                              LOL, I saw that as well. My favorite bit was AT's answer for what Helen eats when she's depressed, it reminded me of your awesome sig.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                                Eh-T, Mandy and Jan.

(I'm the cute one in the middle )

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X