Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in honor of today

What pranks do you think SG-1 would play on each other?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
      *Waves at folks in Vancouver* Sounds like you're already having an awesome time

...Anyone else suspect that the 'new' ranks and the rather terrifying amount of pink on either side of my screen may be an attempt at April Fools?
      Yeah I was very confused by the pink when I logged in this morning.

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post

Julia(samcarterrules)
        As soon as I saw the pink, I sort of groaned. The new ranks themselves would have been so nice and subtle. But it seems, like the Boys at Bridge themselves, subtle was ditched in favour of "bludgeoning over the head".

Pranks they'd play on each other? I think Jack would go for the slightly more purile, childish stuff like cling film over the toilet bowl, whereas Sam would go for something more subtle.... like getting a load of pencils printed with Jack's name and leaving them around base, waiting for people to give them back to him and watching his puzzled and bewildered face (she'd even go to the extent of sharpening them and biting them, and generally making them look well used).
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Julia(samcarterrules)
          As soon as I saw the pink, I sort of groaned. The new ranks themselves would have been so nice and subtle. But it seems, like the Boys at Bridge themselves, subtle was ditched in favour of "bludgeoning over the head".

Pranks they'd play on each other? I think Jack would go for the slightly more purile, childish stuff like cling film over the toilet bowl, whereas Sam would go for something more subtle.... like getting a load of pencils printed with Jack's name and leaving them around base, waiting for people to give them back to him and watching his puzzled and bewildered face (she'd even go to the extent of sharpening them and biting them, and generally making them look well used).

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
            Oy Vey! They better get rid of the pink or I'm leaving the forum - seriously, I have enough trouble reading without the pink hurting my eyes!!

Hey Mandy, this wasn't your suggestion was it? A way for keeping me off the computer Hmmmmmmmm???
            Darn, you figured out my evil, evil plan

Is it working?
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hello there people. my name is Sarah, i'm new here to Gateworld. i'm here because i love sam carter, i first saw her in line in the sand.

i'm mostly here because she made me feel special, and made me like more about myself. .

Comment

Originally posted by lonelygirl19 View Post
                Hello there people. my name is Sarah, i'm new here to Gateworld. i'm here because i love sam carter, i first saw her in line in the sand.

i'm mostly here because she made me feel special, and made me like more about myself. .
                Hey Sarah and welcome to Gateworld.

T'habites a Paris? Je suis en train de chercher du boulot la-haut! J'espere d'y demenager avant l'été!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  Happy Birthday Rocky!

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                  Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  woolsey did try. I look at woolsey's made up back ground. He is a paper pusher. and he rose through the ranks of other paper pushers. and likely dealt with more than his fair share of 'friends of friends that fail upwards due to the friendships they have'. he's used to not trusting others because the paperpusher atmosphere can be far more dangerous than combat in that, in combat, you have physical tests to prove your skill, paper pushers don't have that crucible and you often have the incompetent rising over the competent.

woolsey is used to not trusting others and only trusting himself.

he's learned to trust others and i think he came home from atlantis a stronger leader
                  Originally posted by EH-T View Post

HAPPY B-DAY ROCKY!
                  Originally posted by mapsc View Post
                  Happy Birthday, Rocky!!!

Mike
                  A very happy birthday Rocky
                  Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Happy Birthday Rocky!
                  http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9099/cakefy6.png

Mmmmmmmmm cake
                  Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                  Re Kara in BSG:

Spoiler:

I personally liked how Starbuck's story ended. I think the angel aspect is just another facet to the character, one that I don't think undermines the strong, independent woman she also is.

Because aside from her knowledge of how to get to the 13th colony's earth and the Watchtower song, I don't think she was never shown to have any special powers, the vast majority of her actions were very human to me.

It's rather like how I see Daniel's ascension, even after becoming an Ancient and getting those powers he still retained his core of humanity. So to me, even though Kara has this rather supernatural aspect to her, she still maintained her core personality.

Great thoughts everyone on Sam growing into a leader under Jack and Hammond, and I agree I think she followed their example on Atlantis, letting her people do their thing and only stepping in when necessary.

And happy birthday Rocky, hope you have a great day!
                  A Very Happy Birthday Rocky!!

May you have many Sam dreams tonight. hehe.

I agree Eve that's what I really admire about Amanda too. Although I do tend to squee about her just a little bit. LOL.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                  Happy birthday, Rocky. Hope you have a great day.
                  Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                  Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                  Happy Birthday Rocky!

And many more.
                  Originally posted by suse View Post
                  Have a
                  very, very

Happy
                  Birthday
                  Rocky!!!

suse
                  Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1025/samwalkingny6.jpg
                  Daniel: Who are you calling?
                  Sam: Rocky. It's his birthday.
                  Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                  Happy Birthday Rocky!
                  May every candle you blow out on your cake be a wish come true for you in the coming year!

I think we can guess on at least one of those wishes btw too.
                  Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                  Happy Birthday Rocky!!
                  Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                  Hey suse - thanks for allowing me to borrow this:

Rocky, while I may not like your over zealousness, I do not HATE you. I do hope you have a very happy birthday and that you have a wonderful year.
                  I'm back . Sorry I've been away for a little while, I was just a little hurt from what was all said on Sunday, but I've gotten past that, and I told hold any of it against anyone . I'd like to thank everyone for all the wonderful birthday wishes . Wow, I've never gotten so many at one time . I'd also like to thank everyone who left their birthday wishes to me on my profile page . I haven't really done anything for my birthday yet, I'm not a big party boy, but my mom wants to have a little party for me on Saturday, I don't, I don't when people through me parties. I'm like AT_Fan, it's just another day to me, besides, all that attention em brasses me . I asked a girl I like from work () to go, but I'm not sure I want to waste a good Saturday like that .

When I read that, I feel like Amanda, I still find it hard to believe that so many people actually care enough to write me such sweet messages . Well, it seems I've got some catching up to do , people to get in touch with, things to post about, specifically Amanda's Q&A's with Joe . Btw, I'm in Vancouver, and I'm gonna go exploring later .
                  Last edited by Rocky89; 01 April 2009, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Hi Sarah, welcome to GateWorld and to the thread! What a wonderful reason you wrote for being here! Sam/Amanda make me feel pretty special too.
                    Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    I'm back . Sorry I've been away for a little while, I was just a little hurt from what was all said on Sunday, but I've gotten past that, and I told hold any of it against anyone . I'd like to thank everyone for all the wonderful birthday wishes . Wow, I've never gotten so many at one time . I'd also like to thank everyone who left their birthday wishes to me on my profile page . I haven't really done anything for my birthday yet, I'm not a big party boy, but my mom wants to have a little party for me on Saturday, I don't, I don't when people through me parties. I'm like AT_Fan, it's just another day to me, besides, all that attention em brasses me . I asked a girl I like from work () to go, but I'm not sure I want to waste a good Saturday like that .

When I read that, I feel like Amanda, I still find it hard to believe that so many people actually care enough to write me such sweet messages . Well, it seems I've got some catching up to do , people to get in touch with, things to post about, specifically Amanda's Q&A's with Joe . Btw, I'm in Vancouver, and I'm gonna go exploring later .
                    Oooh cool Rocky have fun and take lots of pics! *hugs*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      EDIT:...I just figured out the rank changes...still not impressed but can live with it being an April Fools day thing...not that I like April Fools day...but at least I get my rank back tomorrow. Really, do we have to do April Fools day in the forums??
                      Apparently so, since a couple other forums I'm on did skin changes as well. At least the rank changes are funny and NOT hard on the eyes. The pink here is making my eyes bleed. The skin another forum I'm on picked is also making my eyes bleed.

*use to think that April Fool's day was for doing FUNNY stuff, not to injure someone's eyes...
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Welcome to Gateworld and this thread! Sam is great, isn't she.

in honor of today

What pranks do you think SG-1 would play on each other?
                        I can see Jack being the biggest prankster, trying to distract Sam and Daniel from their work and getting Teal'c to laugh. Though I think Teal'c would catch on pretty quickly, ala the water guns in Bane.

My favorite prank that I've pulled for April Fool's was a few years ago when I sent a fake news article to some of my friends, who are huge Harry Potter fans, announcing that JK Rowling had passed away before finishing the series. Most caught on quickly, though I scared one quite badly so I bought her the 7th book to make up for it.

Oh, and have fun in Vancouver Rocky!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                          Hey Sarah and welcome to Gateworld.

T'habites a Paris? Je suis en train de chercher du boulot la-haut! J'espere d'y demenager avant l'été!
                          I assume your a teacher right?

Comment

And this isn't even a bad pink. They could have gone Barbie pink.

Or orange.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I assume your a teacher right?
                              Hahaha... that obvious? Sorry there's no accents, but the grave accent is the only one readily available. Sigh.... The job that I'm trying to get (it's sort of been casually offered but it's trying to get it all confirmed and done officially) isn't in education though, so that will be different.

What do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                                Apparently so, since a couple other forums I'm on did skin changes as well. At least the rank changes are funny and NOT hard on the eyes. The pink here is making my eyes bleed. The skin another forum I'm on picked is also making my eyes bleed.

*use to think that April Fool's day was for doing FUNNY stuff, not to injure someone's eyes...

I'm almost getting a migrane looking at the colour.

Also hello suse. Hope your wrist if fine now.

Comment

Working...
                                X