Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    For what it's worth, the Stargate-Project (the German site that seems to get all the spoilers and pictures before everyone else) has the cast for season nine listed in this order:

Ben Browder (Cameron Mitchell), Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter), Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson), Christopher Judge (Teal´c), Beau Bridges (General Hank Landry)

Cheers,
    Strix
    BB is ahead of our Queen AT ..... that is so wrong in all levels

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      Thanks for all your hard work tsaxlady. It's really nice of you to share this article with us.
      CONGRATULATION Lys .... you hit 10000 post for the Citizens of Samanda

Comment

gatebee, your sig and avatar crack me up! I love them!

Now, do any of you guys know where I can find a certain site for Stargate SG-1 cartoons? I found the cutest SG-1 pic a while back, but now I can't find it no matter how much I google! It's not the comic book kind that I've found already, and it's not QUITE anime (like gatebee's), but it's very, very close. If any of you know what I'm talking about, let me know!

Hey Uber, would you be surprised if they ever mentioned it in an interview? If the Stargate portion of the "Inside SciFi Friday" segment was filming at all last week, it might have come up. Of course, I'm sure that it's probably in the final editing stages, but it'd be kinda neat if you guys caught them at the tail end of filming, and RCC or, more importantly, AT had something to say about it on camera.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          gatebee, your sig and avatar crack me up! I love them!

Now, do any of you guys know where I can find a certain site for Stargate SG-1 cartoons? I found the cutest SG-1 pic a while back, but now I can't find it no matter how much I google! It's not the comic book kind that I've found already, and it's not QUITE anime (like gatebee's), but it's very, very close. If any of you know what I'm talking about, let me know!

Hey Uber, would you be surprised if they ever mentioned it in an interview? If the Stargate portion of the "Inside SciFi Friday" segment was filming at all last week, it might have come up. Of course, I'm sure that it's probably in the final editing stages, but it'd be kinda neat if you guys caught them at the tail end of filming, and RCC or, more importantly, AT had something to say about it on camera.
          I'd get a way cool kick out of it...but again...not really holding my breath on that either...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            I'd get a way cool kick out of it...but again...not really holding my breath on that either...

I gotcha, I gotcha. It'd definitely be a pleasant surprise, but it's not likely.

My thing is, if they don't talk about it publicly, they'll still let AT know. And it'll warm her heart, I'm sure. That's all that matters.

Comment

http://www.ladylittlefox.com/galleries.htm

Is that what you're looking for ?
              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I gotcha, I gotcha. It'd definitely be a pleasant surprise, but it's not likely.

My thing is, if they don't talk about it publicly, they'll still let AT know. And it'll warm her heart, I'm sure. That's all that matters.
                and that's the gist....

Plus they also happen to have my address so if they'd like to...ya know...send a letter letting me know how it was received, that'd be fine with me too...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  http://www.ladylittlefox.com/galleries.htm

Is that what you're looking for ?
                  YES!!

Sheesh! Can you tell I'm excited? Haha! Thanks so much Lys, that's exactly what I was looking for. Now, if they had done a cartoon with characters like THESE instead of Stargate Infinity, I think it would have lasted!

Comment

You and me both...

I know I got several emails confirming participation, as did MajorSam...and some people didn't email me, they just POSTED their participation...but with very little planning, I think we did a pretty good job... They have to have a minimum of 50 boxes of blue jello...

However I won't be holding my breath for that official tally coming from TPTB anytime soon...

Hi Mary Beth,

I am one of the guilty party. I sent out three boxes and forgot to email you personally. Sorry about not doing a personal email.

I wonder how many boxes they actually got?!!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                      Hi Mary Beth,

I am one of the guilty party. I sent out three boxes and forgot to email you personally. Sorry about not doing a personal email.

I wonder how many boxes they actually got?!!
                      Chris Judge: Hey, Amanda?

Amanda: Yeah?

Chris: Coop wants to see you.

Amanda: Oh?

Amanda: What's up?

RCC: What exactly did you DO while you were gone?

Amanda: Uh... what?

RCC: We have 750 boxes of blue jello.

Amanda: Oh... heh heh... Well, it's kind of a long story...

Comment

Chris Judge: Hey, Amanda?

Amanda: Yeah?

Chris: Coop wants to see you.

Amanda: Oh?

Amanda: What's up?

RCC: What exactly did you DO while you were gone?

Amanda: Uh... what?

RCC: We have 750 boxes of blue jello.

Amanda: Oh... heh heh... Well, it's kind of a long story...
                        With such a short period of time to plan for this...I'd be giddy with anything in the triple digits...

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS
                          TO ALL SAMANDANS!

10,000 POSTS!

over 10000 posts!
                          Originally posted by Lys
                          Be sure, I wasn't trying to be the 10000 one but I got it.
                          What's a girl to do ?
                          Originally posted by tara3583
                          WOW 10,000 posts coming up, we need lots of blue jelly and party popers!

Tara looking to find fellow Samandans for a few rounds of the conga!

Hmmm...conga...

Just wanted to share this with you all...

A few weeks ago, MajorSam showed me something she was designing for herself...a beautiful Amanda Tapping wallpaper for her desktop...

Well, me being me , I took her idea (same basic concept, same shots of Amanda, etc.) and made my own little variation and I thought I'd share it with you here...

If you'd like to download it for yourself, feel free to do so either by clicking on the picture above or by clicking here:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/atbg_04.jpg

Just let me know if you like it and download it, okay?

Wonderful collage, Uber!

Originally posted by tsaxlady

I purchased the June edition of Cult Times today. This is the magazine that has the article with Robert C Cooper titled "Regener-Gate!" I know we have had a few quotes from the article here but I really like to read the entire article when I can get my hands on them because of few quotes from an article can be so misleading. So for those that would like to read the article here you go page 1 page 2 page 3 page 4 page 5 The article was written by Thomasina Gibson. Thomasina was in Vancouver in April before AT was back on the set working. I know this because I meet her at the Vancouver con and he was telling us she would be leaving Vancouver the next week. She was on set the day that AT went by to visit with Olivia before she started back to work. Thomasina did make it a point to ask Rob about AT in the article.

Thanks for the links and pics, tsaxlady!
                          Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Got a fic rec for anyone who's interested:
                          Title: Impossible Yet Useful Numbers
                          Author: Tallulah Rasa.
                          Rating: All Ages
                          Pairings: None
                          Summary: Sam worries about the things that don't add up.

Good read for any Sam fan
                          And thanks for the fic rec, AD!
                          For what it's worth, the Stargate-Project (the German site that seems to get all the spoilers and pictures before everyone else) has the cast for season nine listed in this order:

Ben Browder (Cameron Mitchell), Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter), Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson), Christopher Judge (Teal´c), Beau Bridges (General Hank Landry)

Cheers,
                          Strix
                          So not in alphabetical order and with Ben over Amanda.

This does not make me wear my happy face...

With Browder over everyone!

Originally posted by IncessantBabbler
                          Hello!

I was wondering which websites had the promo pics up for Season Nine.

Thanks!

*IB
                          Welcome, Babbler!

If you are interested, and haven't seen it yet, there's a thread index post on thread page 442, at the top of the page - with lots of links to posts with screencaps, audio clips, Sam quotes, thread humor, etc.
                          So, if I had been asked to write the first episodes of season 9 without AT, I think I would have had her and Jack disappear while on a diplomatic mission to a formerly Goa'uld occupied world. The episodes, while having their own stand-alone plots focused on BB, MS, and CJ, would still have the over-arching goal of trying to find/save Sam and Jack from whoever/whatever took them. Vala, given a background of blackmarket smuggling and/or criminal activity, is someone who is brought in because she has the best info as to where they might be.

In the episode bringing everyone together, SG-1 finds Sam and Jack in a desperate situation, trying to save the galaxy, but in dire need of help. SG-1 comes to the rescue, and together, as a team, they save the day.

Returning to Earth, Jack, having been seriously whumped along the way, decides to retire. Sam, having survived serious whumpage in slightly better shape, returns to command SG-1.
                          Great idea for a storyline, Strix! And your ideas are much more along the lines of what I was expecting for the series storyline for the first 5 episodes while AT is gone. I am surprised at the way they have apparently chosen to start season 9.

Originally posted by Lys
                          But we, Samandans, know that only blue jello never fails you, that it's the only one worth trusting.

Blue Jello will never disappoint you !

Comment

With such a short period of time to plan for this...I'd be giddy with anything in the triple digits...

Haha! You never know. What other groups, fansites, and forums were involved? You mentioned that others took an interest.

On edit: My PM inbox maximum went from 10 to 25 and I suddenly have found myself with a plethora of avatars to choose from. What's that about?
                            Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 23 June 2005, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Haha! You never know. What other groups, fansites, and forums were involved? You mentioned that others took an interest.

On edit: My PM inbox maximum went from 10 to 25 and I suddenly have found myself with a plethora of avatars to choose from. What's that about?
                              MajorSam and I invited the following forums to join us (some with more success than others):

gaters
                              sg1database
                              sg1archive
                              spoilergate
                              amandatappingclub
                              amandatapping.com

Comment

When you go above 800 posts you get a bigger PM box and more avatar choices. Next change is 1800 when PM box goes to 100 and you can upload your own custom avatars....
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X