Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Hey! We're at a thousand pages! Rock on!
    1000 pages??? I see only 500...well 501 now... and over 10000 posts!

Long Live SAMANDA!!!!

Whew...looks like I'm caught up for now...

Yeah...like that'll last...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Yeah... although, the mystery of not showing them might keep the audience hooked. Just as Cam, Daniel, and Teal'c wouldn't know where they are, the audience wouldn't either. Drop in some tantalizing hints... but the actors themselves wouldn't have to be there.
      Oooh... You are a tease, aren't you? That's cool too.

Now... are you ABSOLUTELY sure you don't wanna write a fic about it? There's already a series of fics going on about the time between S8 and S9, isn't there? You could throw yours into the mix as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        1000 pages??? I see only 500...well 501 now... and over 10000 posts!

Long Live SAMANDA!!!!

Whew...looks like I'm caught up for now...

Yeah...like that'll last...
        Yeah... I think I'm using the Gateworld default... Maybe not? Heh heh...

I was SOOOO trying to be the 10000 post, but I missed it.

Yeah, I've kinda given up on trying to keep up, Uber. How's the OTHER thread doing?

Comment

Oooh... You are a tease, aren't you? That's cool too.

Now... are you ABSOLUTELY sure you don't wanna write a fic about it? There's already a series of fics going on about the time between S8 and S9, isn't there? You could throw yours into the mix as well.
          I'm working on two other fics right now, and they're coming along so slowly that I think I should not add another diversion...

My LJ

Comment

Yeah, I've kinda given up on trying to keep up, Uber. How's the OTHER thread doing?
            I'm really sorry to have ruined your fun with the 10000 post. I'd send you green jello if I could, but gateworld is insisting that I must spread some before feeding you with it.
            Be sure, I wasn't trying to be the 10000 one but I got it.
            What's a girl to do ?
            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              I'm working on two other fics right now, and they're coming along so slowly that I think I should not add another diversion...
              That is a very good point. I totally understand. However, if you ever feel the itch...
              Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 23 June 2005, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                I'm really sorry to have ruined your fun with the 10000 post. I'd send you green jello if I could, but gateworld is insisting that I must spread some before feeding you with it.
                Be sure, I wasn't trying to be the 10000 one but I got it.
                What's a girl to do ?
                Hmmmph. Somehow that statement does not provide me any consolation!

And don't get me started on GW's green jello stinginess.

"What's a girl to do?" Haha, that should be Sam's trademark question.

Comment

And don't get me started on GW's green jello stinginess.
                  But we, Samandans, know that only blue jello never fails you, that it's the only one worth trusting.

Blue Jello will never disappoint you !
                  Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    So not in alphabetical order and with Ben over Amanda.

This does not make me wear my happy face...

Unless we go alphabetical by *first* name... It would work for Amanda, but Chris & Michael would lose out to the new guys.
                    On one previous discussion of this I suggested they put the names on the spinning gate. Round and round it goes, where the names start, no one knows...

Comment

Y

I never watched Farscape, but I have to say that the guy looks good - and I don't just mean his looks. If the situation had been different, people (including myself) probably wouldn't be so concerned about his placement on the team. He's funny. "Uh, excuse me, but could you point me in the direction of the Stargate?" Well... He's funny to me anyway.
                      I agree. I'm fine with him coming on board and he may be good for the show for all we know. I just don't want Sam, Daniel or Teal'c to lose out in the process.

As for Sam returning by "walking through the door," as she did in episode 1, I think that could make a fun entrance. We long time fans will get it. But I hope the guys all run over to her or something. It should not be business as usual immediately, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        Unless we go alphabetical by *first* name... It would work for Amanda, but Chris & Michael would lose out to the new guys.
                        On one previous discussion of this I suggested they put the names on the spinning gate. Round and round it goes, where the names start, no one knows...
                        Hahahahahaha! Yes! And then, you know, they'd be all jumbled up, so it would be like Ben Shanks, Michael Judge, Christopher Tapping, Amanda Browder... And we'd be too busy wondering what kinda crack they were smoking to worry about anything else.

Originally posted by Lys
                        But we, Samandans, know that only blue jello never fails you, that it's the only one worth trusting.
                        Good point! Now if only I could post pictures. I'm serious, for the life of me, I cannot post pics on this forum!

Hey, I asked this a while back, but I'm not sure if I got an answer. Uber, were you in charge of Blue Jello Week? If so, how was the turn out? How many boxes? Was there a tally of participants and/or jello boxes that you have? I'm very interested to see how it worked out!

Comment

Hey, I asked this a while back, but I'm not sure if I got an answer. Uber, were you in charge of Blue Jello Week? If so, how was the turn out? How many boxes? Was there a tally of participants and/or jello boxes that you have? I'm very interested to see how it worked out!
                          Yup, I would also like to know the results of Blue Jello Week

Comment

I too wanted to be post 10000...waited to do my catching up on the thread until I could...

But...in the words of the all-wise and all-knowing Maxwell Smart... "Missed it by THAT much..."

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                              Yup, I would also like to know the results of Blue Jello Week
                              You and me both...

I know I got several emails confirming participation, as did MajorSam...and some people didn't email me, they just POSTED their participation...but with very little planning, I think we did a pretty good job... They have to have a minimum of 50 boxes of blue jello...

However I won't be holding my breath for that official tally coming from TPTB anytime soon...

Comment

Good point! Now if only I could post pictures. I'm serious, for the life of me, I cannot post pics on this forum!
                                dancer, I upload my pictures to my website, then, when I'm posting to this thread, I type in my message, and where I want to put the picture, I enclose the web address of the photo in this code: [ IMG]xxx[/IMG ] (without any spaces in the bracket). The xxx is the web address of the picture, for example: http://photos.gyrfalcon.net/pasadena/bigsur2.jpg

I'm sure somebody can explain it better than me. But you have to upload the photos to another site somewhere first, and then you have to link to them from here.
                                Last edited by Strix varia; 23 June 2005, 01:04 PM.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X