Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    from here - http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...03#post9435403, "Characters you'd like to see interact with other characters from TV shows"

my answer:

(after rocky said sam and helen)

i'd also go for sam putting up with gregory house, from 'house'. but i think even better would be to see helen magnus, from 'sanctuary', deal with house...

sam would roll her eyes at house and just 'might' punch him out (like sam did to baal in some s9/10 ep), but helen... wonder what she would do?
    I think he'd be intrigued by the fact that he couldn't push her buttons. She'd probably do a number on him instead. I don't think she'd put up with him.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    OT

[SPOILERS]
    Oh, and a question for those Catholics who are still Catholics...

Spoiler:
    Is it cool to chop and change between bibles for the reading I'm doing? I want to keep traditional, but I have about 6 different bibles here and I like the wording for different parts of the reading better in some of them. Also, I'm doing "a reading from Proverbs 31" and skipping some lines that are too... domestic and old fashioned while keeping the meaning of the passage. I'm reading Proverbs 31. 10-12, 23, 25-31. Does that sound ok? I read it to Granddad tonight and he likes it. I think that emphasising these ideas about supporting the family and the unconditional love between Grandma and Granddad is appropriate, since their 60th Wedding anniversary is being celebrated on the 3rd. My parents gave my Granddad all the telegrams that have arrived (from the Queen, Governer General, various MPs...) for the 60th. He picked them up and looked at them several times throughout the day, but never opened them.
    I think excerpts are ok.
    Spoiler:
    does the church have a pastoral associate or can you consult with the priest about the readings? If your granddad likes it I think that's the main thing. just imhCo, not authoritative.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Until we decide what to do with it, i am declaring any and all spoilers from Vegas or Enemy at the Gate to be a NON TOPIC

I see no reason for those of us that didn't download the illegal copies to be punished by having to dodge spoilers for the next 3 weeks.
      Oy not again......

Happy Birthday Mini!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        I would just like to jump in to say a huge huge huge thank you to Mumsey who totally made my week. I arrived home tonight after yet another horrid day at work...with one machine down and work coming out of my wazoo, it's been a very very long couple of days...anyhoo, I came home to find a package from Mumsey...the most awesome bag inside with ladybugs on it...it's just wicked!!! Anyhoo, I kinda went a little nuts...jumped around like a crazy woman...but it's just awesome. So thank you Mumsey. I am so gonna give you the biggest hug next year!!

I'm glad it made you happy. I have one like it and every time I use it I think of you and smile.

I would also like to thank everyone on the card list for all the great cards that you sent me. They are all hanging in my hallway with my tree, and it looks wonderfully festive. This is the first year in a while that my heart has really been into christmas, and I have you all to thank for that.

This has been a year of mixed fortunes for us all. We have lost loved ones and supported each other through some tough times. One or two of us are still going through it and we are here for you.

I have also seen some happy meetings here in London and halfway across the world in Vancouver, and others of us have met together at other events, and all through our love for a couple of Television shows and their actors.

Amanda finds it incredible when we tell her what effect she has had on our lives. It's not so incredible when you look at what a wonderful human being she is. If only some of that has rubbed off on us - then we are blessed.

I send huge Mumsey hugs to you all. Have a wonderful holiday whatever your religious persuasion (or not). Hopefully 2009 will see better times for us all.

(((((SAMANDA)))))

Mumsey
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

I'm glad it made you happy. I have one like it and every time I use it I think of you and smile.

I would also like to thank everyone on the card list for all the great cards that you sent me. They are all hanging in my hallway with my tree, and it looks wonderfully festive. This is the first year in a while that my heart has really been into christmas, and I have you all to thank for that.

This has been a year of mixed fortunes for us all. We have lost loved ones and supported each other through some tough times. One or two of us are still going through it and we are here for you.

I have also seen some happy meetings here in London and halfway across the world in Vancouver, and others of us have met together at other events, and all through our love for a couple of Television shows and their actors.

Amanda finds it incredible when we tell her what effect she has had on our lives. It's not so incredible when you look at what a wonderful human being she is. If only some of that has rubbed off on us - then we are blessed.

I send huge Mumsey hugs to you all. Have a wonderful holiday whatever your religious persuasion (or not). Hopefully 2009 will see better times for us all.

(((((SAMANDA)))))

Mumsey
          As good a person as Amanda is, I like to think that people here already have the same kind of goodness, whether they realize it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            I think he'd be intrigued by the fact that he couldn't push her buttons. She'd probably do a number on him instead. I don't think she'd put up with him.
            I'm with you. Helen wouldn't even bat an eyelash as she put House in his place.
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

which would turn him on all the more.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                which would turn him on all the more.
                Who WOULDN'T be turned on?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  As good a person as Amanda is, I like to think that people here already have the same kind of goodness, whether they realize it or not.
                  We've got you fooled.
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                    We've got you fooled.
                    Deleted by poster
                    Last edited by SunKrux; 22 December 2008, 11:56 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                      We've got you fooled.
                      Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                      Yes we do.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

never mind. I give up. Seriously, I'm really tired of people assuming I'm saying something bad to hurt them on purpose. I wasn't. I'm done.

Folks who know me, know how to get in touch with me. It's time I took a break, even from here since apparently I can not say or do anything right to please anyone.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Samanda! (((((((HUGS))))))))))
                        Last edited by SunKrux; 22 December 2008, 11:55 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                          Happy Birthday mini!
                          Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

(((((SAMANDA)))))

Mumsey
                          Well said Mumsey! And *hugs you right back*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

So how about that Amanda huh? Is it just me but those most recent Sanctuary promo pics, Amanda's smile just sucks you right in and makes you forget there are 3 other people with her in that big ol' love fest.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                              never mind. I give up. Seriously, I'm really tired of people assuming I'm saying something bad to hurt them on purpose. I wasn't. I'm done.

Folks who know me, know how to get in touch with me. It's time I took a break, even from here since apparently I can not say or do anything right to please anyone.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Samanda! (((((((HUGS))))))))))
                              What just happened? Nothing was said that could upset. Smilies saw to that!

Mumsey
                              Confuzzled.
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

OT

Spoiler:
                                Thanks for the advice guys. I have decided to use the translation in my Aunt's bible, since its most likely to be a Catholic-type one. The only thing I'm changing is the start. Instead of "...worth more than jewels" I'm going to use the alternative translation "more precious that rubies."

Grandmas always wears the ruby ring Granddad got her for their 40th wedding anniversary and I used to sit on her lap and play with it on her finger.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X