X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis / Sanctuary - SciFi.com: SciFi Channel Goes Green + Video

At SciFi.com:

http://www.scifi.com/green/

In a generation, someone might ask what finally inspired you to join the effort to reverse global warming. What will you say? Was it a politician's speech or pressure on your lifestyle? Or maybe it was an entertainment company pushing a simple idea: Saving the planet starts with you. How can you help? It's simple - green your routine.

By taking the time today to adopt one or more green routines, you can positively change the way you affect the environment.

SciFi Channel Goes Green

Fight global warming on Stargate Atlantis and the SCI FI Original Movie, Lost City Raiders, drive an electric car on our new reality series, Cha$e, use an energy efficient washing machine on Ghost Hunters, and go green (and green screen) with our action-packed, eco-friendly show, Sanctuary.

Amanda Tapping Video Public Service Announcement

Amanda Tapping

Green Is Universal

Watch the "Green is Universal" PSA by Amanda Tapping. Go to www.greenisuniversal.com for more information

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      I wonder how long it took everyone to realize something was wrong.
      I was thinking the same thing...I wonder how long she was out for? Scary stuff being knocked out!
      Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Hehe... I have concussed myself by landing on my tail bone. The impact jarred up my back and caused the concussion in my head apparently... I don't remember much of it That's what I get for going roller blading with no breakfast, the week before my period when I'm at my most klutzy self.
      Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
      Being knocked unconscious is weird, but it doesn't take long for people to realise that you're out even when they're not expecting it. I think even if you're good at acting unconscious (as AT is) there is still a difference when you're actually unconscious.
      What's my excuse? I'm short and I've been knocked out a whole lot of times and had concussion several more (though never seriously *touch wood*) I think the worst one was when the swing I was on broke and I fell and hit my head on the concrete edging to our garden path. I was by myself and I have no idea how long I was out for.
      All this talk about being knocked out...don't think I ever had the misfortune of that happening to me...my daughter however, she's another case entirely!
      And the hubby! Between the two of them, I'm getting far to used to unconscious bodies around me...it's all kinda bleh to me now!!
      The closest I got was when I was bucked of a horse back in 1994. I had no helmet and my head hit the ground quite hard. I never lost consciousness but I was sick afterward and when I came back from the trail ride on the maniacal horse that booted me off, I went to bed for several hours...I shouldn't have done that but I was sooo tired. Later, my main concern was that if I was pregnant, coz we were trying for another baby at that time, I was worried about a miscarriage. Thankfully, Tom wasn't conceived til the following year!
      Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
      and that train of posts inspired lots of fitness ads lol. .
      Really?? I didn't notice! I don't have ads!!
      On that note, goodnight folks...have fun!! (((Samandans)))

Congrats on your milestones Neep and Tittamiire!
      Last edited by Chelle DB; 20 November 2008, 02:07 AM.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i don't know if she spent a DAY at the hospital, but i'm willing to bet it was a couple/few hours....simply because it takes time to assess people.

I've never been knocked out but i did pass out once. I'd given blood that morning, and felt okay. it was the weekend of our church bazaar and we were cooking/cleaning turkeys. so i was standing there, cutting meat off the bone...and the world got kinda narrow adn tiny adn the next thing i knew i was sitting on the floor.

kinda surreal
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
          Amanda Tapping Video Public Service Announcement

Amanda Tapping

Green Is Universal

Watch the "Green is Universal" PSA by Amanda Tapping. Go to www.greenisuniversal.com for more information
          Oooo, more screencaps. Thanks morjana.

*tries to not stare while at school*

*fails miserably*

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Not disclosing how old I was at my first con.
            Could it be because this past May was your first?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              i don't know if she spent a DAY at the hospital, but i'm willing to bet it was a couple/few hours....simply because it takes time to assess people.

I've never been knocked out but i did pass out once. I'd given blood that morning, and felt okay. it was the weekend of our church bazaar and we were cooking/cleaning turkeys. so i was standing there, cutting meat off the bone...and the world got kinda narrow adn tiny adn the next thing i knew i was sitting on the floor.

kinda surreal

I've fainted/passed out a couple of times (used to do it in church when I was a kid, and have done so a few times as an adult). It's really weird. I would start getting lightheaded - and it seemed as though everything around me receded into the distance - and the next thing I knew I'd be laying on the floor trying to figure out what happened. Last winter I slipped on some wet leaves and fell, hitting my head on the pavement, and literally couldn't move for what seemed like minutes, but was probably a few seconds. Really disorienting, and scary when my body wouldn't move the way it was supposed to. So it's a good thing AT went to the hospital after her experience.

Comment

[QUOTE=rderoch;9260807]

I whacked my head pretty good a few times,
                Well that explains a few things.

I wonder how long it took everyone to realize something was wrong.[/
                For you? As we met!

(Sorry, but you just can't leave us openings like that. )

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I always wince more than I would ordinarily when I see Sam knocked out in Enemy within ever since I learned that AT was really hurt. (((AT)))

It also has occurred to me that one of the reasons she played the concussion so well in Grace is that she (unfortunately) had experience with one. (I've also thought she looked like I feel with a migraine.)

As for Sam getting whumped--

1. She sure has been knocked around, but notice not as a damsel in distress. Yay Sam!

2. Has she been whumped more than the guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    I still cringe when I read about how Amanda really got knocked out in that ep...ouch!!
                    I've seen Jay at several events and he's asked about it every time! I feel so sorry for him, because he's still mortified that it happened. (Mind you, once or twice Amanda was there and forgave him with a very nice hug, which seemed to help a little. )

Mumsey
                    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      I always wince more than I would ordinarily when I see Sam knocked out in Enemy within ever since I learned that AT was really hurt. (((AT)))

It also has occurred to me that one of the reasons she played the concussion so well in Grace is that she (unfortunately) had experience with one. (I've also thought she looked like I feel with a migraine.)

1. She sure has been knocked around, but notice not as a damsel in distress. Yay Sam!

It would certainly seem so from the recent lists from the various episodes. But I think Teal'c is the one that's had the most serious whumping/injuries, considering how many times he's been beaten, tortured, brainwashed, etc. The others have all had really serious injuries, but they didn't have a symbiote to help heal them like Teal'c did.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Reading all your post I think I'm counting myself lucky lol I've never had a concussion or passed out, although I have fallen out of my wheelchair loads of times but never hit my head *touches wood*

But poor Amanda, the things she dose for her art. She's so enthusiastic.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Isn't that why Dan Shea constantly always had to say "Check Amanda" after they would shoot a scene with her in it...

He brought that up the first time I saw him onstage in Chicago... he had some funny mishap stories, including the one in the elevator....
                          sigpic
                          awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Kawalsky attacked Sam and knocked Amanda unconscious. No acting needed.
                            Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Correction, Kowalsky attacked Sam, Amanda also hurled herself back (getting into he part ) and got knocked out. So it was a combination of Jay and Amanda that knocked Amanda out
                            Either way, there was an Amanda lump on the floor. Poor girl. The things she does for her art.

I like your take on the briefing room scene.

She ended up with a slight concussion. Owwie. I whacked my head pretty good a few times, but I don't think I've ever been knocked unconscious. I wonder how long it took everyone to realize something was wrong.
                            Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                            They probably realized something was wrong when the director said cut and she didn't immediately open her eyes and get up.
                            Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            I was thinking the same thing...I wonder how long she was out for? Scary stuff being knocked out!

All this talk about being knocked out...don't think I ever had the misfortune of that happening to me...my daughter however, she's another case entirely!
                            And the hubby! Between the two of them, I'm getting far to used to unconscious bodies around me...it's all kinda bleh to me now!!
                            The closest I got was when I was bucked of a horse back in 1994. I had no helmet and my head hit the ground quite hard. I never lost consciousness but I was sick afterward and when I came back from the trail ride on the maniacal horse that booted me off, I went to bed for several hours...I shouldn't have done that but I was sooo tired. Later, my main concern was that if I was pregnant, coz we were trying for another baby at that time, I was worried about a miscarriage. Thankfully, Tom wasn't conceived til the following year!

Really?? I didn't notice! I don't have ads!!
                            On that note, goodnight folks...have fun!! (((Samandans)))

Congrats on your milestones Neep and Tittamiire!
                            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

kinda surreal
                            Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            I've fainted/passed out a couple of times (used to do it in church when I was a kid, and have done so a few times as an adult). It's really weird. I would start getting lightheaded - and it seemed as though everything around me receded into the distance - and the next thing I knew I'd be laying on the floor trying to figure out what happened. Last winter I slipped on some wet leaves and fell, hitting my head on the pavement, and literally couldn't move for what seemed like minutes, but was probably a few seconds. Really disorienting, and scary when my body wouldn't move the way it was supposed to. So it's a good thing AT went to the hospital after her experience.

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                            I've seen Jay at several events and he's asked about it every time! I feel so sorry for him, because he's still mortified that it happened. (Mind you, once or twice Amanda was there and forgave him with a very nice hug, which seemed to help a little. )

Mumsey
                            Wow, poor Amanda, you guys are right thought, the things she does for her work, wow, it's almost legendary . I'm not surprised that Amanda forgave Jay, that's the kind of person she is .

Me, I've never been knocked, by when I was younger, I was at 6 flags, and I broke both my feet . I was running around a pool, and I slipped and feel . That was before I knew Amanda, if I had, I would have healed faster .

Comment

wow I didn't know that about EW

Sam really seems to get whumped a lot!
                              But then Daniel does die a lot too, Sam's only died the once right? (Ok that's an odd thing to say)
                              sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

she would have had to go. I think it's an insurance thing. Hurt on the job, go to the hospital.

I know the actors have talked about annual pre-season physicals. They have to be medically cleared to make the show. that too is an insurance thing
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X