No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buc252 on the S/J Ship Thread just shared this...and I thought I'd share it here too. Sounds like fun for those of us who get SciFi!

Originally posted by Buc252
    Each year on Halloween, SciFi does a live event with Ghost Hunters where they do the investigation televised live. People can even text message or email in their suggestions, thoughts, and reactions. Anyway, next Friday, they're having their annual event, and I just saw a commercial stating that a "special guest" on the investigation would be Amanda Tapping. Not sure if she'll actually ghost hunt or if she'll just be on for a minute, but we'll find out.
    Just wanted to share the news!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      Buc252 on the S/J Ship Thread just shared this...and I thought I'd share it here too. Sounds like fun for those of us who get SciFi!

Just wanted to share the news!
      Thanks for sharing the news!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        Good for you, some of us are still dorks.

At AT3 I actually bid on the shirt she wore in 1969. Very nice.
        Is that one of the things you won?

Oh, and her interview is beauty, eh?

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
        Does anyone know how Scifi.com handled last year's live show? Did they have video of the special guest's segment(s) online? I'm only interested in Amanda's part and don't want to sit through hours of this show.
        I'd love to know if anybody has watched before. I'm going to record the whole thing just in case, but I anticipate only needing to keep a small part of it.

Crossposted from the Sanctuary thread:
        Since everyone is in Sanctuary video mode, this is old, based on the webisode promos, but it's my little vid. Some of you may have seen it already, so you can ignore this message, but I know we have some new members around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqxNyCzS3ck
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

i'm looking for two vids, please.

'stronger', sung by britney spears.

'miss independant', sung by kelly clarkson.

i believe they were made by a samandan or recced here by a samandan, but some time ago.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
            ~Snip~

Hi guys, this is it, my BIG 1000th post. I want to thank all you guys for being great friends, giving me a happy and fun place to come to everyday and being good friends. This a good, a place of fun, a place of joy, a place of friends, this is a home away from home, and most of all, a place where we can all come together from around the world, not as individuals, but as fans, fans of a VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY special woman-- Amanda Tapping.

As I promised for my big 1000th, I've got a really special treat for y'all. It's a very special tribute vid I made on YT about Amanda, I just posted it now. I got the idea of it after I heard they made a vid of her at AT3 about her life and career, so I thought I'd do the same. First let me explain the vid, it's 9 minutes and 42 seconds long and the song I choose is called "Melodies of Life" by Emiko Shiratori. I love this song, it was always my first choice to use, and it fits beautifully with Amanda and the pics I choose. And those pics start off early in her career, and in her life, and they lead up to the person she is today, both in her personal life, and in her career, so it's like that vid from AT3. I also made this because for the first time, instead of writing and telling about how much I LOVE Amanda, I wanted to try and show you guys visually, I wanted to put my feelings for her on screen and into a YT vid.

Speaking of which, I'd very, very much like to give credit, and a HUGE thank you to Kate, Sally, Sky, Chelle, dipsofjazz, JanSam, jasmina, Jenni, Jumper_One, LilFerret, MajorSamFan, morjana, OneillTwo"LL"s, and Parsifal for all their help in helping me to make this awesome vid and for helping me with the pics. So let's lets her it of them, woo hoo. I'd also like to think GW, MGM and AT's website, that's where the pics are from, but I found most of them here on GW and the Sam/AT thunk thread. BIG DISCLAIMER: None of these pics are mine, and/or none were taken by me, the credit for the pics in the vid should go to the users I mentioned and for those users I forget, contact me and I'll credit you!

Now, my fellow Samandans, my first BIG Youtube tribute to-
            The Amazing, Beautiful, Caring, Funny, Lovely, Talented, Smart. The one and only:
            Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
            *standing ovation*

My. Frakking. Hero.

I just wish I knew what you were doing, since I have all pics from Tampa out on the net.

*more clapping*

EDIT - NOOOOOOOO! I can't green you.
            Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            wow, rocky!!

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
            I've never seen any of those candid pictures before, where did they come from? The pictures of her at comic con were the best, just wow.
            Awesome tribute btw, the music is "awww"
            Originally posted by Tittamiire;9113955[B
            Congratulations Rocky![/B] Woo! *tucks video away for later when she's not going to wake sleeping people up.*

And what a 1000 posts it has been *g*
            Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            Congrats Rocky!!!!!!!!!!! *saves the vid for later*
            Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
            *hobbles off to go watch......hopefully.....If my computer is nice*
            Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
            Congrats on 1000 posts Rocky!!!!! I'm afraid I can't green, but you deserve it. Great job with the video!
            Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
            Wow, just wow. Now I'm having SERIOUS CARTER WITHDRAWAL!!! Fantastic job - the best photo tribute I've ever seen! I hope she gets to see it too.

HAPPY 1,000th POST and THANK YOU!!
            Originally posted by sofie View Post
            wow congrats Rocky!!!
            Very very nice video!!!!!!!!
            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            happy 1000 rocky
            Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            Happy 1000th Rocky!!
            May there be another thousand to follow!

Awesome vid too! I love the pics you chose for it. So lovely and yummy all at the same time. Great job on it and definitely a fitting tribute.
            Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            Wow Rocky your vid was wonderful, a truly great tribute!
            Huge congrats on making 1000 wonderful posts!

I'm really enjoying this series too, its wonderful!!
            Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
            Congrats on 1000 posts Rocky
            CONGRATS ON 1000 Rocky!

[/QUOTE=Franklyn Blaze;9113755]I've never seen any of those candid pictures before, where did they come from? The pictures of her at comic con were the best, just wow.
            Awesome tribute btw, the music is "awww"
            Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            Awwww ... Rocky!!! Your vid just put the biggest smile on my face. Great job!!
            Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            whoa awesome vid! and congrats on 1000 posts
            Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
            Congrats Rocky. I really loved the vid!
            Originally posted by Daivy View Post
            Hey y'all! First of all Rocky, Congrats and wow on your 100th post and video. It was a real beauty!

Once again Rocky, lot's of kudo's.

Daivy
            Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
            Wonderful, Rocky!!! What a great collection of photos--and what a terrific song!

Wow!!!
            Thank you all!!!

Wow, it's been over 24 hours since I brought it to life, and I can't believe all the great feedback I've gotten from all you guys . Thank you all for alllllllllll the green, believe me, I've gotten a LOT , I'd also like to thank you all for all the good messages you've sent me, here, via green message, on my profile page, or in the vid's comment box itself. I'm VERY, VERY proud of the vid, and I'm very happy and glad you all loved it .

But I strongly hope I was able to show the beauty, warm spirit and wonderful life of Amanda Tapping as much as I could, in as much aspect as I could . If I did, than I've done my job. I also hope I was able to show you all my love and feelings for Amanda, I did think about wring another poem or something about her, but instead of writing how I feel, I wanted to show you guys how I feel, and again, I hope I was able to that .

Thank you all again, and I hope I can come up with something just, or at least almost good in my 2000th post . Well, we'll find out in 999 more posts . Oh. one more thing, some people have suggested me maybe one day sending this to Amanda, maybe I will, as a birthday gift, or something. *Thinks of an idea*... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey
            Last edited by Rocky89; 23 October 2008, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
              The second part of Amanda's Q&A is up at Sci Fi.

http://www.scifi.com/sanctuary/video...sect=qa&clip=2
              HAHAHAHA, I love that woman . She's sooooooooooooooooo modest, I can't believe she said
              Spoiler:
              "I love playing smart, savvy, sexy women, because it's so not me"

As soon as she said that, I thought "Can she be anymore cute and down to earth?" She still thinks higher of Carter and magnus than she does about herself .

I asked her 2 questions;

1. What's it like being one of the only girls on set? - She said it was just like being at home cause of her brothers

and

2. Did you enjoy getting to wear street clothes for 1979? - Which she said she loved

I was such a dork when I was 14. I'm sooooooooooo much more dignified now...

That's Amanda for ya, if she was a dork, I'm sure she was the coolest dork around .

Small bit of information regarding the "Ghost Hunters Live" appearance.

http://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=608100

So if the live show is in Fort Delaware, I guess Amanda's segment is taped?
              Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
              Interesting... I'll be watching anyway. Thanks for the info.
              Does anyone know how Scifi.com handled last year's live show? Did they have video of the special guest's segment(s) online? I'm only interested in Amanda's part and don't want to sit through hours of this show.
              Yeah i was wondering about that, I really want to know too so i can watch her track down ghosts .

Comment

snip~

Nice to "see" you back as well.

Are you saying we're not "fast" enough for you?
                Nice to have the website load as quickly as it did originally. It was taking 2 to 3 minutes or longer to load each page and I'm not known for my patience where the Internet is concerned. SO I didn't log in very often till it speeded up again. Guess I missed a few (a lot) of pages. I wasn't the only one with the problem. Mamasue said it was the same in Phoenix.

And that video is WONDERFUL Rocky!!!
                And wow 1000 posts you ROCK

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                  Can someone tell me where the phrase "pear shaped" came from and in which country(ies?) it's used? I've heard it before and gather it means go badly, but I'd like to know more.
                  It's certainly very popular in the UK -- it's particularly popular in cop dramas, for some reason! I've found one suggested origin:

"To go pear shaped is an expression used to indicate that a scheme has not been perfectly executed. The phrase seems to have originated in British English in the late 1940s or early 1950s. One suggested origin relates to training aircraft pilots. At some stage they are encouraged to try to fly loops - very difficult to make perfectly circular; often the trainee pilot's loops would go pear shaped."

Hope that helps!
                  "Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage," William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                    Meccano

Yeah I always think of the replicators when I see Meccano and of course that means RepliCarter too - the best replicator of them all!
                    ???? which would be???? Blond here ok, needs help

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                    Soft music, candle light and boobies.

Ok, just boobies.
                    LOL....yeah dont get me started thats the same sort of thing I thought to but you are so more likely to say it than me

I asked her 2 questions;

1. What's it like being one of the only girls on set? - She said it was just like being at home cause of her brothers

and

2. Did you enjoy getting to wear street clothes for 1979? - Which she said she loved

I was such a dork when I was 14. I'm sooooooooooo much more dignified now...
                    Oh na those were Ok questions....Im forming my questions for David (Hewlet), Kavan (Smith), Andee (Frezzel...sp???) and Gary (Jones) at the mo....can't wait to meet them tomorrow...anyway back on topic....that Amanda...

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    aussieland i think

dunno the how's and why's, but i know i've beta'd that expression out of more than one of a friend of mine's fic
                    Aussieland??? ......we use it down here
                    sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                      ???? which would be???? Blond here ok, needs help
                      Oh come on! You don't know what Meccano is????

How old are you?? No, don't answer that, I'll only feel real old

It's the metal building sets, with struts and bolts and pulleys and all sorts of stuff. I used to trade all my dolls for either Meccano or Lego when I was a kid so I could build Apollo rockets, lunar landers, moon buggies and I even designed a moon base. I wonder if Sam did the same with Erector Sets??

See, I can be on topic.

Well, sometimes.
                      Last edited by RealmOfX; 24 October 2008, 03:48 AM. Reason: spelling
                      -

Comment

NC

Comment

Happy Birthday scifithinker!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday scifithinker!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday scifithinker!

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Happy Birthday scifithinker!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X