• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    there is NOTHING wrong at all with watching the late showing

a) you'll bump up its ratings
    b) you're gonna be watching it 'live' with the west coasters
    I've been watching the repeat of Atlantis every week this season. I believe they're showing the premiere of Sanctuary a butt load of times and intend on watching it whenever possible (I saw one at 3AM ), even though I plan on recording it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      you mean you don't

*geez, I've been hanging around sunny for no good reason then*
      Don't worry Sunny, Mandy's really just intimidate by your awesome-ness.

-PengYn- (who's taken the advice to chill a little too literally)

sigpic

Comment

NC

Comment

Just a quick note about the whole shebang yesterday.

My dad has cancer and knowing what he goes through with the chemo's and seeing him afterwards, I wouldnt believe any source unless it came from AT's own mouth or someone very near and dear to her. It's simply not a flippant topic to be discussing or spreading considering the life threatening proportions entailed with it. I'm simply gonna stay hopeful and wait to hear whatever news might be forthcoming.

And heck! I'll be working the NIGHT of Oct. 3rd, but my dvd recorder wont be idle. I *still* need to get out and buy the cd's though. *sigh*

Comment

I just received word from someone who has been in contact with Kamil. As I'm at school right now I don't have the time to copy them, but I thought it was prudent that I share with you all that he [Kamil] talked with Amanda just last week and knows nothing of this. He's also not even going to bother Amanda with something like this. If she wants people to know, she'll tell everyone herself.

Last edited by Falcon 304; 25 September 2008, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Hehehe...I was just on the phone with a Mark Carter in some organisation somwhere...who at one point during the conversation put the phone down to yell for 'Sam' *g* 'Sam' is probably a six foot six copper with a beard, but it made me chuckle
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                I didn't have a problem with people trying to calm us down yesterday. In fact, some of it probably helped (with me at least).

Concerning the bold part though, I understand what you're trying to say, but that was a bad example. I would like to think that Amanda would find it very heart warming that we care so much about her and her general well being. Yes, it's her business on whether she would want to disclose that sort of information, but I would hope that she knows that we would do nothing but support her and wish her the best.
                I used to think that way too. This was the first forum I ever joined 4 years ago ... Unfortunately, I learned just because someone calls themselves an Amanda fan doesn't mean they truly are. I think 95% that post here are fans and do respect Amanda. It's the other 5% that cause problems. It's a hard fact that you learn after being on the forum for a while. Even here. There was someone that threatened Amanda a while back on this thread and he is still here. He posted yesterday. A small minority just come here to get a rise out of Amanda fans, or pretend to be a fan while verbally attacking her elsewhere on the forum or other websites. I don't understand it. They don't like the character she plays or they are angry because AT feels her character should or shouldn't do this and that sends these immature people into a fit and they verbally attack her or her fans. It's completely childish and some sickening.

There are people you trust and people you don't, just like in real life. You have to get to know them...every personality comes out on the forum. This isn't the only thread people post on. It's sad that there are people like that out there, that ruins the fun for the rest of us. The best thing we can do is question the validity of the source. The original poster just wanted our opinion if it was true, nothing wrong with that. Of course we are going to be concerned. Just try not over react. Don't feed their lies. As you post more on the forum you begin to learn who are reliable news sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  now, onto bigger and better things:

Who all is staying home Oct 3rd?
                  I wasn't sure I was going to get to see Sanctuary on the 3rd, because I'm in the midst of moving, and wasn't even sure I was going to have cable hooked up at that time and was grumbling and muttering about the timing of the move. However, ... turns out I won't be moving till Oct. 4th, so I get to see Sanctuary when it airs, after all. Yaaaay!

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

-PengYn- (who's taken the advice to chill a little too literally)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...ky_penguin.jpg
                    Oooh that looks great PengYn, can I join you?
                    Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                    Happy Birthday nolamom!!
                    Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                    Hehehe...I was just on the phone with a Mark Carter in some organisation somwhere...who at one point during the conversation put the phone down to yell for 'Sam' *g* 'Sam' is probably a six foot six copper with a beard, but it made me chuckle
                    Hehe, cool!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                      Oooh that looks great PengYn, can I join you?
                      Sure

But I warn against inviting the bears though. The last time I did that they stole all the deck chairs.

See?

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY nolamom!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                        Not me I have a football game to attend as part of my job that evening. I will DVR it and watch it after I get up on Saturday.

Oh and SunKrux will I be seeing you in Burbank in Nov? I will be at the Farscape con on Sat & Sun this year.
                        Yes I'll be one of the many crazy rowdy Scapers in the cheap seats again this year. Especially since I purchased a ticket to the Claudia brunch thing on Saturday (I think that's when it is. My ticket is at home...and I'm at work right now). I will be there starting the Thursday before and the Monday after.
                        sigpic
                        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                          Yes I'll be one of the many crazy rowdy Scapers in the cheap seats again this year. Especially since I purchased a ticket to the Claudia brunch thing on Saturday (I think that's when it is. My ticket is at home...and I'm at work right now). I will be there starting the Thursday before and the Monday after.
                          I'll be there for at least part of the weekend too! Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                            To some of us, it might has well be.
                            Falcon - no offense, but until AMANDA OR HER CAMP come out with any infomation regarding the topic, why worry? It is just an unfounded rumor. So please, stop worrying over nothing because right now, that is all it is, nothing to worry about. Some fan who doesn't even post here, probably read about Amanda calling Deejay and didn't understand what that was all about and decided to post that question on a site known for not being a good reliable source of personal information about stars. Some less savy folks here found it and went nutz. I do not fault you or anyone else for being concerned about Amanda's health, I would be too, if it were true, which right now, I choose to believe it is NOT.

Dude, we all care for Amanda but some of us realize that she's just like us, human (only with a way cooler job) and do not let an unfounded rumors get to us. Trust me, I will be just as concerned if anything as horrible as any kind of terminal illness befalls Amanda or anyone she deeply cares about. But until then, I will keep ignoring the an unfounded rumor.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                              i'll be there for at least part of the weekend too! Yay!
                              yay! :d
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

But I warn against inviting the bears though. The last time I did that they stole all the deck chairs.[/COLOR]

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY nolamom!!!
                                Polar Bear hugs to all Samandans. Even PengYn. The chairs were not stolen I tell ya, the penguins had left and finders keepers.

Comment

Working...
                                X