No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe the 'we can't get anymore screwed' was in AOT.

but i do remember in contiuum her making a comment like 'what can that mean beyond kiss your ass goodbye'
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
      on another note..... I'm going to Vancouver in April. oh. my god. I'M GONNA MEET AMANDA FOR THE FIRST TIME, EVERYBODY!!!
      Woohoo! See you there!

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      Hmm, I really wouldn't say that all of Sam's emotional moments have been related to romance. I think she had some great emotional moments with her Dad and Martouf in The Tok'ra and I loved her scenes in 2010 with Janet and Joe. And Line in the Sand, as you mentioned.

I'm not really a 'shipper (as I understand the term) so I didn't see those moments between Sam and Jack in after Janet's death in Heroes and Jacob's in Threads as being related to any romance. I guess I saw it more as Sam losing a member of her family and taking comfort from the family she still had.

Oh, and for those interested in Sanctuary, SciFi has a Behind the Scenes video with the cast and a Q&A with AT up on their website.
      Well said.

Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post
      Oop, forgot to put the link; corrected now. Just that the Sanctuary site has been inaccessible (to me?) but here, again - (http://www.mtr.org/ny-fall-series-2008-sanctuary/).

Just sayin', hope I can sleep now so I can run for tickets tomorrow!
      Thanks for the link.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I think that was in Ark of Truth, when they get surrounded by Ori ships while still fighting the Replicators on the Odyssey.

Sam was quite snarky in Continuum, but I think my favorite is still her "you are an idiot every day of the week' line to Maybourne in Foothold.
        I'm gonna go with that one.

But in Continuum

Spoiler:
        "I don't give a rats ass" was very good too.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          but i do remember in contiuum her making a comment like 'what can that mean beyond kiss your ass goodbye'
          YES! That's what it was.

Also...

"And, among the other Stargate-related things to look forward to next week: Amanda Tapping[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!], spinning the movie, completing production on Enemy at the Gate, Thursday’s final Vancouver wrap, and, of course, the 100th Episode/Series Wrap Party." - Joseph Mallozzi's blog post for yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
            Already have tickets for Chicago. Hopefully Joe will come there too. He was supposed to a couple years ago but had to cancel.

Were you coming to Chicago?

It is closer to me than Vancouver and I have always wanted to see Chicago but I think with Vancouver in April and AT4 sometime next year, probably not. Also, I think it is August, isn't it? So it may conflict with a trip already planned with friends. However, you never know. I won't buy tickets in advance but if tickets are still available and there are last minute flight deals and work doesn't interfere and life doesn't interfere and ..... probably not.

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
            RoX gave a link that works on the Sanctuary thread......once your there just let it play. Once the first one is finish there is a commercial and then the second one plays.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=5823
            Thanks Jan!

Here's probably my top 3, at least the ones that I re-watch most often.

One of my favorite emotional moments for Sam was her conversation with her Dad in Grace. AT didn't say a lot, but I just loved her expressions as Sam listened to her father talk about how much he loved her mother. I got the feeling this was something she'd wanted to hear from him since her Mom's death, but had never been able to talk to him about even after he became a Tok'ra.

Another moment I love her conversation with Martouf about Jolinar in The Tok'ra, especially the part where she talks about feeling schizophrenic, I love the way AT's voice almost breaks when she says 'schizophrenic'. As a scientist, where much of her confidence and self-identity must come from trusting her mind, it must have been devastating to be so confused about what was going on in her head.

It's a short scene, but I think end of Divide and Conquer where Sam has to kill Martouf has to be one of the most tragic scenes in Stargate. It must have been incredibly difficult for her to grant Martouf's dying request, and the final shot of Sam sitting on the ground cradling his head was just heartbreaking. I think AT did a great job of showing the grief, pain, and confusion Sam must have been feeling at that moment.
            Also well said.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            "Arthur's Mantle" was on SciFi the other evening, and for the first time I noticed something in it. At the beginning, just after Sam and Cam got transferred to another dimension, Dr. Lee comes back into the lab having gone to get coffee. He's got the coffee and a bowl of blue jello. I laughed right out loud when I saw the blue jello. I assume he was bringing it for her, and thought it was really cute and sweet of him to do that.
            I noticed that too. Probably still trying to make up for being such a jerk to her in Paradise Lost. Speaking of which, Sam was pretty snarky to him in that episode.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

[QUOTE=rderoch;8923104]Already have tickets for Chicago. Hopefully Joe will come there too. He was supposed to a couple years ago but had to cancel.

Were you coming to Chicago?

Hey, Michigan, I'm planning on going to Chicago in August too. No tickets, yet but soon.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

I noticed that too. Probably still trying to make up for being such a jerk to her in Paradise Lost. Speaking of which, Sam was pretty snarky to him in that episode.
                Yeah, when she found him packing up didn't she say something like: "Excuse me, where is Colonel O'Neill? Did you find him when I was gone?"
                I love that scene b/c she's so frustrated she kind of lashes out. And she knows she's doing it but can't really stop herself. I love the look she exchanges with Teal'c. They don't have to say a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  Yeah, when she found him packing up didn't she say something like: "Excuse me, where is Colonel O'Neill? Did you find him when I was gone?"
                  I love that scene b/c she's so frustrated she kind of lashes out. And she knows she's doing it but can't really stop herself. I love the look she exchanges with Teal'c. They don't have to say a thing.
                  I love it when Sam gets "snarky". And she's always so justified when she does it (at least in my opinion). One of my absolute most favorite times was not the words, but when she hauled off and slugged Ba'al in "The Quest". Yay, Sam! I thought she had an enormously satisfied look on her face after she did that.

And I also liked how she confronted Dr. Lee in "Paradise Lost". He apparently wasn't aware of the team (and SGC) motto of never leaving a person behind or chose to ignore it.

Comment

Something that I can't get out of my mind (not that I want to): Sam in Avenger 2.0. This is definitely in my top 5 Sam episodes ever, and maybe top 3. Not only does she take out a butt load of Jaffa by herself, but she uses an INSANE M4 mod. That thing is by no means a light weight.

Oh yeah, I guess she has some nice dialog too.

EDIT

OH! Also, she had some pretty snarky comments about Felger in this episode when talking to Hammond.

PS - I use an M4 when that type of weapon is needed in any game because of this episode.
                    Last edited by Falcon 304; 14 September 2008, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I love it when Sam gets "snarky". And she's always so justified when she does it (at least in my opinion). One of my absolute most favorite times was not the words, but when she hauled off and slugged Ba'al in "The Quest". Yay, Sam! I thought she had an enormously satisfied look on her face after she did that.

*quickly looks away in fear that I'll be here all day laughing my arse off and eventually start imitating the motion like last time*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                        http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3.../sambaal6a.gif

*quickly looks away in fear that I'll be here all day laughing my arse off and eventually start imitating the motion like last time*

I like how she shakes her hand after hitting him...leave it to Amanda not to leave anything out.
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                          Something that I can't get out of my mind (not that I want to): Sam in Avenger 2.0. This is definitely in my top 5 Sam episodes ever, and maybe top 3. Not only does she take out a butt load of Jaffa by herself, but she uses an INSANE M4 mod. That thing is by no means a light weight.

Oh yeah, I guess she has some nice dialog too.
                          I wouldn't say Avenger 2.0 is one of my favorite eps, but the last act with Sam taking on the Jaffa on the planet is definitely one of my favorite Soldier Sam moments. And I loved the 'think Bolivia' line.

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't say Avenger 2.0 is one of my favorite eps, but the last act with Sam taking on the Jaffa on the planet is definitely one of my favorite Soldier Sam moments. And I loved the 'think Bolivia' line.
                            the epitome of SoldierSam. First she is scouting the perimeter & then she takes on a platoon of Jaffa by herself. I also like how when the ship appears, she has her gun ready to keep defending herself to the end.

(Of course it turns out to be the good guys--but she doesn't totally let down her guard. she's still scanning the area while talking to O'Neill).
                            Last edited by jckfan55; 14 September 2008, 12:08 PM. Reason: add image

Comment

speakig of sam kicking tushie

http://annerbhp.livejournal.com/43819.html?format=light

cute little fic, short and sweet...and something i'd just love to have seen
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                speakig of sam kicking tushie

http://annerbhp.livejournal.com/43819.html?format=light

cute little fic, short and sweet...and something i'd just love to have seen
                                I love that fic. This one is very good too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X