Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
    Oh I agree...it would be fabulous as a play. And it won't appeal to everyone...I understand that...but I certainly wouldn't call it "crap"...I think I got something out of it that I totally didn't expect...I really enjoyed it for what it was.
    And I totally agree to your comment as well. Nice that we're all on the same page. Stuck was a dramatic opposite to what AT has ever played in the past so I can understand her interest in playing the part. Isnt every actor stretching the limits of what they can do professionally anyways?

The sex scene was..well just sex. *shrug* What I loved about the movie was how on such a small scale (an elevator fcol!) a whole movie could revolve around and take place. That takes real talent if you ask me cos your not benefited by scenery or impressive action (things blowing up) that might hold a viewer captive. The movie all revolved around the minuscule...being the characters intimate lives. The depth of the feelings told through each character's story and lines was brilliant and much, much harder to act out in comparison to some movies we have today with a mega-million budget to benefit from...seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      great list!!

ok, from the pov of someone that's listented to a lot of them, well through s6 or 7

jim menard is fascinating only if you're a film student. He gives great detail, just not quite the detail your average fan wants to know

the disclosure commentary is worthless. gary jones isn't credited, but he did it with don and the two fo them talk about anything and everything but the episode

peter deluise seems to have an obsession wiht constipated looking jaffa, so his commentary jumps in the gutter at the first opportunity and never gets out...personally, the potty humor gets kinda old kinda fast for me

martin wood's commenary are good, so are amanda's and chris'. never listened to MS's. jim menard's dry commentary gets kinda boring, PdL just gets on my nerves with the potty stuff, joe's are okay, so are paul's - he's pretty quiet.

I can't remember about tichenor's or the other folks'
      I think it's Pete Woeste who does a nice balance of tech stuff and talking about the actors' performances.

PDL and his potty humor --bleh-though he's kin dof fun with AT. YOu know one thing about PDL, though. I think he really liked the show and didn't get "jaded." And as an actor himself, when you can get him off the pot, so to speak, he does talk about performances.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post

Anyway, forty-two minutes in and then I'm left mouth agape as this amazing character gets treated like trash and made to look incompetent. Not happy. Not Woolsey's fault, I think he'll be interesting to watch....but I'd like to throw cold spaghetti at whoever came up with that scene.
        As much as I have a problem with the ending--mostly because I don't think they'll follow up on it-- or follow up well--I don't think it makes Sam look incompetent at all. Woolesy says
        Spoiler:
        "different skill set." I interpreted that as them going for civilian rather than military command. Typical stupid IOA moves again is what I see the decision as.
        Last edited by jckfan55; 18 July 2008, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          I think it's Pete Woeste who does a nice balance of tech stuff and talking about the actors' performances.

PDL and his potty humor --bleh-though he's kin dof fun with AT. YOu know one thing about PDL, though. I think he really liked the show and didn't get "jaded." And as an actor himself, when you can get him off the pot, so to speak, he does talk about performances.
          Amanda reacts differently to Peter than she does to Martin. She's far less serious. It shows that she grew up with brothers and can give as good as she gets.
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Jckfan, you need to go back and fix your spoiler tags on your last post.
            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
              OH gutting

LOL....hmmmmm.....actually one time I realised I was dreaming and I could control my dream, basically all I had to do was think of a person and they would come walking down the street, three guesses who I thought of....
              Hmm...Me? Just kidding, Amanda right? Lucky you, what else happened? Oh and btw, no Amanda dream for me last night .

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                You're obviously not from Canada...where Amanda is

*how's that for on topic*
                Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                Obviously.....Sadly .....I wana move to canada....altough If their blue jello is rasberry flavoured.....hmmmmm.....blueberry's so much better....cant stand rasberry...its too sweet
                Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                Honestly. Can't leave you alone for a second let alone a minute.

Ya know I would move to Canada JUST so I can have an unlimited supply of blue jello. This place don't know squat about jello.

Yup, I'd move to Canada - erm - where Amanda is.
                Wow, am I the only one here who lives in Canada? I hope you guys can come to Canada, it's cold, but Amanda makes it right . It's odd now that I think about it, I live in Canada with Amanda, but I'll never get a chance to meet her . While you guys live all over the world, and you guys travel to CC, the AT's and other cons Amanda may go to . All well, as long as you guys get to meet her and you're all happy, and she's happy, it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                  Amanda has 16 vote's on that person of the year site
                  www.persoonvanhetjaar.nl
                  I've been voting everyday, together with voting for Gateworld & Sanctuary here

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                  Just watching Solitudes...Sam has just fallen for the second time on the ice...I can only imagine how any bruises Amanda must have walked away with from that set.
                  Does anyone know how long they were actually stuck in Antarctica before they were rescued??
                  I mean they were there with no thermals under their clothes and they still survived with no frostbite...or none that we know of that was serious enough to mention...and even though they were out of the the elements per se, they still wouldn't have been able to survive for too long in Antarctica without better clothing than they had on.
                  Must have been because they were sharing body heat

On Stuck .... Chelle, don't forget mr. Bourne has been selling copies to lots of people, from here and other AT websites, but also through Youtube. So, it's probably not one of us who put the scene on Youtube.
                  I don't mind the scene, it was supposed to be shocking, and to me it was. Even more because we never see AT play such a role. I just really dislike the fact that it's all over the internet.
                  I didn't think about Sam or Martouf at all, in fact I didn't even recognize him at first. Cel, I like what you said about it and I agree!

And

Happy Birthday Frostfox !!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                    Jckfan, you need to go back and fix your spoiler tags on your last post.
                    Oops. Thanks. fixed now.

Comment

Oops. Thanks. fixed now.
                      That pesky html stuff. It's too easy to make a mistake with it. I do have to say that being exposed to it here at Gateworld has made my life easier with the Web Design class I'm currently taking.
                      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

Happy Birthday Frostfox!
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROSTFOX!

And like I always do, here's some Stargate cake for you -

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                            That pesky html stuff. It's too easy to make a mistake with it. I do have to say that being exposed to it here at Gateworld has made my life easier with the Web Design class I'm currently taking.
                            See, Samanda is educational as well as fun.

With the talk about AT getting all banged up in Solitudes--I remember in one of the special features she talked about being sore but "exhilarated" I think was the word.

I was watching an ep too where they were outside and obviously getting rained on. One interview I read with a behind the scenes person commented that AT never whined about those cold, rainy shoots. I think she's got a work ethic. I'm sure, like everyone does, she's gotten cranky on occasion, but the bottom line is she realizes she's lucky to be doing work in her field and has never gone all "star attitude."

I'm so looking forward to seeing her as the "star" in Sanctuary. I wonder if her name will go above the title in the credits?

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                              I didn't think about Sam or Martouf at all, in fact I didn't even recognize him at first. Cel, I like what you said about it and I agree!
                              I didn't either, and I actually think those two have chemistry on the show.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I'm so looking forward to seeing her as the "star" in Sanctuary. I wonder if her name will go above the title in the credits?
                                It should. The woman is in almost every scene. And had she chosen to stay with Atlantis, the whole project would have been in danger of going under.
                                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

Working...
                                X