Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atteria
    To the Royal Court of Samanda,

I am dismayed that my earlier offering of pastries and bread did not please you. I will return to the royal kitchen and try some new recipes. In the meantime, please feel free to snack on these. They are absolutely guaranteed to have NO calories.

(bows)

No calories, you say? (Sneaks in for some samples.)

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
      I've read this thread pretty consistently for a while now, and while I may not entirely agree with everything that gets bandied back and forth to death here, it's certainly refreshing to find a group of people who appreciate and enjoy both the character of Sam Carter and the consistently high quality performance that Amanda Tapping brings to SG-1.

I will say that I join you in your hopes for a fantastic season for Carter, and for SG-1 as a whole. As for concern over the changes being made, well, I've always kind of viewed Stargate as TPTB's show. I'm just watching it. They'll do what they think is best, and there's little we can do to influence those decisions. They've nearly always delivered as far as I'm concerned, so I'm trusting them to get through this difficult period as well. I doubt very much that they've forgotten what's brought them this far, and I doubt very much that they'll marginalize or deconstruct Sam Carter's character.

Finally, I know lots of people have expressed concern over Amanda Tapping's treatment (or mistreatment) by TPTB, however, I think that's a tough argument to make. They have been nothing but supportive and accomodating of her pregnancy and maternity leave. They have written and filmed SG-1 to facilitate her scheduling needs, and continue to make whatever adjustments are necessary to keep Amanda as involved as she wants to be. There's really not much more you could reasonably ask of them.

So, I'll wind up this entirely too long, totally unnecessary post, saying only that Sam Carter has evolved into a strong, compassionate, confident character over the last eight years. They've done such a fine job making her into the person we all love that I feel there's little to no chance that TPTB could ever do anything to make her seem otherwise. Worry not.
      I like your outlook. Post anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        BANNERS
        [/font][/size][/color]

If I haven't made one for anyone on the list and you would be interested in having one, please let me know. Also, if you have an idea of a good picture, please send me that as well. If you'd rather use one of your own banners or add one for yourself, please feel free to send me the link so that I can add it to this list.

Kat
        Hey Forever--thanks for the banner! I don't know how I missed it at the time. As you may have noticed, I check this thread pretty religiously. (Can you say addiction?)

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
          I don't know how to address the court so I beg your forgivness if I address you in an inappropriate manner but I was just watching redemption and I loved when HRH (Her Royal Higness) said the following phrase:

Sam to Rodney: For the Record I hate you...

I liked it better when she said, "And I'm working up to 'despise.'"

Then, at the end, being the nice person she is, Sam forgave him for all the harrassment and gave him a sweet little peck on the cheek before he left Cheyenne Mtn.

Comment

Some favorite quotes (mainly for the way the lines were delivered)

Serpent's Venom:
            "Dad ..." (the one after Daniel says "very, very bad)
            "Just trust me, it's a math thing"

Space race
            "It's mine, sir."

Lost City
            "Jack"

Fifth Man
            "I didn't say that"

Resurrection
            "Present and accounted for."

Grace
            "This is real ..... this is real"

Forsaken
            "Well, you wouldn't, sir, during the day.
            "And, .... continue at will"

Comment

Excellent post, Uber!

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              I think as far as Season 9 is concerned, as for the whole Sam and Jack thing, I think they will be in a relationship but it'll be subtle at best and alluded to here and there throughout the season. That's fine with me for now as long as there's some sort of official acknowledgement at some time in the future.
              Official acknowledgement: Until RDA comes back to wrap up his storyline (whenever that will be), I'll be perfectly happy with official acknowledgement! In fact, I'll probably be ecstatic over it!!!

Regarding Cassie, I have been painfully disappointed with the lack of acknowledgement regarding dealing with loss. In fact I posted on the "Things I Don't Want for Season 9" I put the fact that I don't want death or incredibly tragic or traumatic events to be endured for one episode and then everything's fine the next. See...they can't have it both ways. You can't have massive story arcs that extend throughout a series of episodes or seasons with long lasting consequences on the galaxy and yet not have any of those arcs result in any kind of emotional or personal consequences on the lead players.

They also can't kill off major characters like Janet...remember Janet? Sam's best friend?...and give as the reason behind that decision that they needed to portray that death of loved ones is a tragic reality of war on the one hand and then on the other hand completely dismiss her value to the program from that episode on. Have we even HEARD the name Janet Fraiser since Heroes?
              This has been a very disturbing trend. I realize they have only 42 minutes a week, but a passing mention here and there would seem much more appropriate and believable than no mention at all!

Now as far as promoting Sam, I'm all for it...even had a long convo back and forth with our esteemed Chief of Royal Security Agent Dark about it...and we both agree that, unless there's some extreme set of circumstances, it just doesn't jive with the way the Air Force works....although I'm really jazzed about the idea that the guys (Cam, Daniel and Teal'c) couldn't fix this major problem so they'll have to call in the big guns...our Sam.
              I acknowledge that almost everyone knows more about the military than I do, but golly: how many times do you have to save the whole bloomin' planet to earn some extra promotions? I mean, heroism in battle and outstanding performance are special, but saving the whole planet kind of goes above and beyond....and beyond.....and beyond.....

To the Royal Court of Samanda,

I am dismayed that my earlier offering of pastries and bread did not please you. I will return to the royal kitchen and try some new recipes. In the meantime, please feel free to snack on these. They are absolutely guaranteed to have NO calories.

(bows)

But they did please us! Yummy, yummy, yummy! These look good too! We are stuffed! More treats! More pastries! More cake!

Comment

EEEK!!! Lordy, Lordy, we have been busy! Can't stop long, just thought I'd drop in and catch up....that was before I remembered I've been called away on RL for almost two weeks and about FIFTY GAZILLION pages have passed here on the thread!!!

Did I miss the book/collection thing for AT? Coz I wanted to add a message, but methinks I might be too late...

I've been flicking, and who was it that mentioned the very disturbing possibility of (spoiler alert kinda sorta)Sam being killed off? You're gonna give me nightmares!!! Please be wrong, please be wrong! There's been a lot of negativity surrounding season nine, and it's getting me all depressed, so I'm just gonna reserve judgement until I've seen it. If they destroy the Sam we know and love....well, there's always fanfiction and earlier seasons DVD's!

And I know this is from about one hundred and fifty pages ago (see how behind I am!), but:
                Originally posted by majorsal
                much of what it is for me too. for that one hour of tv, i'm living through sam with all of us. i might have my crushes (Richard-hunkofburninglove-Anderson), but without a female to relate to, it's just drooling without anything else. i knew by the third ep of this series that sam was my fave, so it's made ALL the difference in the world for me with this show. it's the defining factor. look at all the things i've got to do because of sam... travel through the stargate, fight off aliens, build naquada reactors, rescue my friends/teammates, fall in love, save my father's life, travel in space, fly a space ship, meet alien life forms, save the planet, save the galaxy, save the universe.... i've lived so many wonderful adventures, and suffered so many losses, but i've done it all with grace and perseverance. i'm sam carter, and i wouldn't have it any other way. THANK YOU, AMANDA!
                Awesome post Majorsal...eloquent, resonant and true! I'd rep ya, but I gotta spread some first. Oh, and thanks Uber and Deepspace for helping me with my sig.

Okies, it's 3 in the morning and I should REALLY be in bed...anyone, feel free to email/PM me and help me catch up! What Samandan jewels did I miss during my enforced absence....really, it wasn't by choice - as if I could ever stay away from you lot! I probably wont be around much/at all for the next two weeks either coz my show's opening next week, so...see you all later, have fun, and don't do anything Sam wouldn't do!

P.S I apologize for the useless incoherent ramble-ness of this post...did I mention that it's three in the morning?
                Royal Page of Samanda
                "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  BANNERS

If I haven't made one for anyone on the list and you would be interested in having one, please let me know. Also, if you have an idea of a good picture, please send me that as well. If you'd rather use one of your own banners or add one for yourself, please feel free to send me the link so that I can add it to this list.

Kat
                  Thanks for the cool banner, Kat! Your creativity surpasses anything I could have visualized on my own. Thanks for all your work.

Jckfan55, thanks for your post about checking the banners. It reminded me to go have a look.

Last edited by SamFan31; 09 June 2005, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    PS The Royal Accountant person is Coley if that will help.
                    Alas, no, this was another accountant wishing to be added to the list of accountants.

Sigh,
                    Strix

My LJ

Comment

To the Royal Court of Samanda, and any others lurking about....I'm working on a new idea. A button you can push to refill the chocolate candy dish. That way, you'll always have a piece of chocolate handy, when the urge to splurge strikes!

Now remember, this is just the prototype.

Your Royal Baker/Chef/Candy Maker
                      Atteria

Comment

Cleaning up my photo folder and ran across this pic.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Hey Forever--thanks for the banner! I don't know how I missed it at the time. As you may have noticed, I check this thread pretty religiously. (Can you say addiction?)
                          Methinks, oh loyal lurker that you may want to apply for the Vicar position! Or Royal Addictions Counselor! What say? If not, I can add you to the Lurker Extraordinaire category.

However, are you already on our Royal Roll of Samandan Court? I apologize for my sudden lapse in memory and do not have time to check.

If not on Roll, please consider as you have a few more days before Keeper consolidates and then prints the official Samandan listings for her Majesty's Royal Scrapbook.

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            Would the accountant-type-person who recently sent me a private email please email me again? Being the complete absent-minded goober that I am, I deleted your message, got distracted by real work before adding you to the list, and promptly forgot your name.

Perhaps I would be better suited for being the village idiot, rather than a member of security.

Hugs,
                            Strix
                            I nominate Strix for the position of Royal Village Idiot!

...oh, wait...I'm currently serving in that capacity...

ON EDIT: HEY! This is POST 9000!!! Can you believe it Samandans??? Wooohoooo!!!!!
                            Last edited by Uber; 09 June 2005, 12:53 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

ForeverSg1 thanks for the cool banner!

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

To the Royal Court of Samanda, and any others lurking about....I'm working on a new idea. A button you can push to refill the chocolate candy dish. That way, you'll always have a piece of chocolate handy, when the urge to splurge strikes!

Now remember, this is just the prototype.

Your Royal Baker/Chef/Candy Maker
                                Atteria
                                Indeed, oh Royal Baker ... you are on the right track! We Samandans love our sloe gin, blue jello, and chocolate and cake!

Perhaps you can create a confectionery which has both chocolate and liquor from the royal cabinet? It can become our Samandan Sweet Treat.

Dispense away ...

Jester

Comment

Working...
                                X