Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Oh that would be a tough job I think Sal! Not only would you have to worry about the Sam/Jack angle, there's also the Sam/Janet, Sam/Thor and who knows what other ships out there to handle!

i've already got *all* couplage worked out!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      I second all of the new nominations!

Atteria as Royal Baker
      The Dancer of Spaz as the Royal Documentary Filmaker and/or Royal Publicist
      MajorSal as the Royal Couples Counselor or Royal Counselor

Chopin - just shoot me an email when your Royal Roll Call List is complete (Sunday is fine)
      i like the Royal Couples Counselor the best!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i've already got *all* couplage worked out!

sally
        Let me see what my feeble mind has...

Sam/Anubis... yipes.
        Sam/Ba'al... creepy.
        Sam/Daniel... metaphorical incest.
        Sam/Faxon... out of his league.
        Sam/Fifth... weird and pathetic.
        Sam/Jack... ahem... heh.
        Sam/Janet... not gonna happen.
        Sam/Jonas... just plain awkward.
        Sam/McKay... hilarious.
        Sam/Narim... old school.
        Sam/Pete... really sad.
        Sam/Teal'c... see "Sam/Daniel," thought it's a bit more acceptable.
        Sam/Thor... wow... just wow. Can anyone say beastiality?

I think I got them all, but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed a few... sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          Let me see what my feeble mind has...

Sam/Anubis... yipes.
          Sam/Ba'al... creepy.
          Sam/Daniel... metaphorical incest.
          Sam/Faxon... out of his league.
          Sam/Fifth... weird and pathetic.
          Sam/Jack... ahem... heh.
          Sam/Janet... not gonna happen.
          Sam/Jonas... just plain awkward.
          Sam/McKay... hilarious.
          Sam/Narim... old school.
          Sam/Pete... really sad.
          Sam/Teal'c... see "Sam/Daniel," thought it's a bit more acceptable.
          Sam/Thor... wow... just wow. Can anyone say beastiality?

I think I got them all, but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed a few... sheesh.
          Hahaha, the funny thing is, I've read a Sam/Anubis drabble before...

Comment

Hahaha, the funny thing is, I've read a Sam/Anubis drabble before...
            That's just wrong in...oh so many ways....

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

(editing to add what the name of the mag is: 'SFX', # 132, article by thomasina gibson)

this 'might' be the interview that bink was talking about? anyhoo, i just read a new interview with amanda (and others). i got the links off another forum. it's split up into three (four counting the first page pic of mitchell which i left out).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/SFX132-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/SFX132-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/SFX132-4.jpg

i typed out amanda's part:

spoilers for s9

One shining star who will be returning to the Stargate firmament is Amanda Tapping (aka Olivia's mum) as Colonel Sam Carter. Tapping has taken six weeks off to get to know the precious addition to her clan but rest assured, Carter returns to help save the day when the bad guys look set to take over and the good ol' boys need a bit of help to protect the Earth. "When Mitchell arrives there is no SG-1," says Kindler, "Everyone is scattered to the four winds and Mitchell has to bring the band back together again. Carter will return once the threat of the bad guys becomes obvious and it becomes evident that she is needed to continue the fight."

Amanda Tapping is relishing the time she's spending at home with her new baby and is looking forward to returning to work. "Being a mother is all that I thought it could be and more and Olivia is totally, totally beautiful, although I might be biased," she grins. "There is no way that i could leave her for any length of time so we've come up with what we hope is the perfect solution. We have an on-set nanny and Olivia will be with me at work. That way I get to stay part of the Stargate family and Olivia enjoys the benefit of an immediately extended family."

~~~

sally
              Last edited by majorsal; 06 June 2005, 11:04 PM.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                That's just wrong in...oh so many ways....
                I could link it if ya want...

Comment

One shining star who will be returning to the Stargate firmament is Amanda Tapping (aka Olivia's mum) as Colonel Sam Carter. Tapping has taken six weeks off to get to know the precious addition to her clan but rest assured, Carter returns to help save the day when the bad guys look set to take over and the good ol' boys need a bit of help to protect the Earth. "When Mitchell arrives there is no SG-1," says Kindler, "Everyone is scattered to the four winds and Mitchell has to bring the band back together again. Carter will return once the threat of the bad guys becomes obvious and it becomes evident that she is needed to continue the fight."

Amanda Tapping is relishing the time she's spending at home with her new baby and is looking forward to returning to work. "Being a mother is all that I thought it could be and more and Olivia is totally, totally beautiful, although I might be biased," she grins. "There is no way that i could leave her for any length of time so we've come up with what we hope is the perfect solution. We have an on-set nanny and Olivia will be with me at work. That way I get to stay part of the Stargate family and Olivia enjoys the benefit of an immediately extended family."

HOOAH!! See? I knew they couldn't live without our Sam! That line there has made me more than excited for Sam's return in Season9. Go Sam!

Comment

Oh yes. Please.

I need yet another reason to not be able to sleep...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Oh yes. Please.

I need yet another reason to not be able to sleep...
                      Well, you asked for it...

Within Temptation by lab_brat. It's rated G, so don't be scared of it

Comment

In regards to the article...

Kindler said: “'Carter will return once the threat of the bad guys becomes obvious and it becomes evident that she is needed to fight.'”

Vague, you say? I totally agree, considering they spent a good column and a half talking about Vala/Claudia Black and her costume, but hey... she's exceptionally new, so we'll cut her some slack. Besides, I suppose it was well-worded, albeit succinct, and it demonstrates Carter's significance to the storyline. She doesn't just walk into the SGC and idly twiddle her thumbs!

Tapping said: "'Being a mother is all that I thought it could be and more and Olivia is totally, totally beautiful, although I might be biased,' she grins. 'There is no way that I could leave her for any length of time so we’ve come up with what we hope is the perfect solution. We have an on-set nanny and Olivia will be with me at work. That way I get to stay part of the Stargate family and Olivia enjoys the benefit of an immediately extended family.'”

More goodies about her real-life experience as a mom, which is really, really neat. I think other people might have babbled on about their involvement with the show, how much fans will like their stuff, what people should keep in eye on in terms of their character development, blah, blah, blah... That is DEFINITELY all well and good, but AT seems so incredibly ecstatic, that you can't help but be happy right along with her, which is a definite plus. Her enthusiasm about motherhood could be enough of a fix for even the most angst-ridden fans, and it definitely shows that she's willing to do interviews.

ON EDIT: Blast, I waited to long to post it! Darn it all!
                        Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 06 June 2005, 11:09 PM. Reason: man, oh man...

Comment

Yeah, AD. I like nightmares.

Comment

In regards to the article...

Kindler said: “'Carter will return once the threat of the bad guys becomes obvious and it becomes evident that she is needed to fight.'”

Vague, you say? I totally agree, considering they spent a good column and a half talking about Vala/Claudia Black and her costume, but hey... she's exceptionally new, so we'll cut her some slack. Besides, I suppose it was well-worded, albeit succinct, and it demonstrates Carter's significance to the storyline. She doesn't just walk into the SGC and idly twiddle her thumbs!

Tapping said: "'Being a mother is all that I thought it could be and more and Olivia is totally, totally beautiful, although I might be biased,' she grins. 'There is no way that I could leave her for any length of time so we’ve come up with what we hope is the perfect solution. We have an on-set nanny and Olivia will be with me at work. That way I get to stay part of the Stargate family and Olivia enjoys the benefit of an immediately extended family.'”

More goodies about her real-life experience as a mom, which is really, really neat. I think other people might have babbled on about their involvement with the show, how much fans will like their stuff, what people should keep in eye on in terms of their character development, blah, blah, blah... That is DEFINITELY all well and good, but AT seems so incredibly ecstatic, that you can't help but be happy right along with her, which is a definite plus. Her enthusiasm about motherhood could be enough of a fix for even the most angst-ridden fans, and it definitely shows that she's willing to do interviews.

ON EDIT: Blast, I waited to long to post it! Darn it all!
                            All good nonetheless Spazmeister...

I love reading and hearing her talk about her daughter...she sounds like a truly adorable little jewel...

Comment

Yeah, AD. I like nightmares.
                              lol, its not that scary. Honest!

Comment

i was tellling my mom about amanda's french interview, and when i got to this one part... i almost cried. okay, i'm pmsing , but i still thought it was sooooooo amanda.

TS: Is there something you wish to pass on to her?

AT: Kindness. Because the world lacks too much of it.

i think that's *so* beautiful and *so* amanda.

amanda is a kind and loving person, and it reflects off her in awesome waves.

(((((amanda)))))

sally

It also says alot about Amanda's Mum and what she has given to this world in the form of Amanda and now Amanda is passing that down to her Daughter!
                                Also this thread is a reflection on how Amanda treats people and i truely hope
                                Amanda has the time one day to read through it
                                ......TARA......

Comment

Working...
                                X