Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
    We never thought other wise about AntoA!!
    That's all part of my evil plan

Comment

Congrats on post 6000 jckfan!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      you know, i think it's a little of both

Spoiler:
      when amanda joined the show, she was just a green actor. few guest bits, sure, but nothing really outstanding.

she gets the role and, in my opinion, rides out the next few years under rick's wing. And put your dirty minds away, what i mean is....rick is a professional and accomplished actor and, i feel, very willing to mentor others. he's willing to teach and learn and let others hone their skills under his tutledge.

I think season 6 was a turning point for amanda. rick stepped back - due to his injury and due to just getting tired - adn she stepped forward. she learned that she COULD be the lead of the show, if not in the credits, in the simple fact of being.

she's grown up and matured and is less of 'part of the pack' and more 'leader of the pack'

I think she had a rough patch during s9. she was tired and overwhelmed and a bit off course during a very turbulent and emotional year. but i think the whole outroar over 'we don't know what to do with sam' helped her. cause it made her realize that she's not just a pretty face. she's not just some extra 'baggage' that was in the way. she was an important part of the show. and i think that helped her out and - maybe - even gave her the encouragement to do sanctuary and step forward to take control of her life and career. to be less of a participant and more of a leader

I think, now, she's in a good place in her life. she knows that she isn't being 'demanda' when she stands up for herself. she's just being a professional and is doing what is necessary for her life and her career

i think, colonel sam carter, is a bit more like amanda herself. she's taking charge and isn't afraid to stand up, nor is she afraid to make the tough decisions. i think - like my opinion of rick - she will stand behind anyone that supports and is straight with her...but stab her in the back and it's all over.
      Very nicely sad!! I agree.

Originally posted by Über View Post
      Hey all! Fun GW poll for Stargate Beauties.

Carter's ahead for now but go make your voice heard!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=49919&page=10
      Done
      sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone,

First, I need to apologise, I was meant to come on first thing today and remind everybody this is the last day people can add names to the list for the star, I am really sorry life has been a pain in the mik'ta today

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
        I've been thinking about this for a couple of months and am still trying to get my head around it.

Character Samantha Carter has made a steady progression of improved leadership/command ability as Actor Amanda Tapping has emerged as a leading actor in her field and became an executive producer.

Which way do you think the influence flowed the most? Did the maturing character of Sam rising through the ranks, influence Amanda more? Or did Amanda maturing and broadening her horizons influence Sam more?
        - Both equally?
        - Some more one way than the other?
        - No connection?

P.S. I hope this makes sense, if not, just kindly ignore me and go to the next post
        Wow great question! I think Amanda has influenced Sam more although I don't think its completely one sided, I think Sam gave Amanda a 'safe' place to home her craft, certainty in her professional life that is difficult to find as an actor and plus the longevity of the show it gave both Amanda and Sam time to grow both professionally and personally, and I'm proud that both these amazing women have had a very big influence on my life
        Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Beware: Milestone type post

The verbose one strikes again…

What can I say—Sam is a great character and BAMSR just showed it again.
        She's got brains & guts to spare. She's a scientist, she's a soldier, she's a leader.

And Amanda Tapping is wonderful too—she's funny, charming and beautiful (to quote Corso). And by beautiful I mean on the inside as well as the outside.

Raise a glass to Sam and Amanda (the Tappinator) Tapping to whom we owe this convergence of funny, charming and beautiful people that is Samanda!
        *Raises glass to Amanda, jckfan and Samands*

Congrats jckfan

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          Beware: Milestone type post

The verbose one strikes again…

What can I say—Sam is a great character and BAMSR just showed it again.
          She's got brains & guts to spare. She's a scientist, she's a soldier, she's a leader.

And Amanda Tapping is wonderful too—she's funny, charming and beautiful (to quote Corso). And by beautiful I mean on the inside as well as the outside.

Raise a glass to Sam and Amanda (the Tappinator) Tapping to whom we owe this convergence of funny, charming and beautiful people that is Samanda!
          what a lovely milestone post that is congrats jckfan!

Originally posted by Über View Post
          Hey all! Fun GW poll for Stargate Beauties.

Carter's ahead for now but go make your voice heard!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=49919&page=10
          *goes to vote* hehe...fun!

And woo for Atlantis winning the peoples choice award *wiggle*
          sigpic
          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

One last reminder...

Possible Names For Our Star!

Samanda
            Amanda
            Olivia
            Tappinator
            Grace
            Julia's Samanda
            Samantha
            Sam Carter
            Carter
            Blue Jello Rules
            Amanda "Tappinator" Tapping
            Amanda "Sanctuary" Tapping
            Amanda Tappinator
            Amanda's Stargate in the sky
            Sam "Action Mom" Carter
            Sam Magnus
            TBA or "The brilliant Amanda"
            hic comitas regit
            JuliaSamanda
            Juliasamanda
            Samanda(hic comitas regit)

Thanks

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic

Comment

Julia, are we allowed to vote for more than one option, or do I have to narrow my choice to just one?
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                Julia, are we allowed to vote for more than one option, or do I have to narrow my choice to just one?
                Just one ames if that's OK? I know making you choose I'm so bad
                I'll repost the final list tomorrow morning so folks know when to start PMing me their vote

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                  Just one ames if that's OK? I know making you choose I'm so bad
                  I'll repost the final list tomorrow morning so folks know when to start PMing me their vote

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  Your assuming we know how to PM?

Comment

see the user name, click on that, you see a drop down menu with 'send private message to' and you click that and type in your message

easy as pie
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      see the user name, click on that, you see a drop down menu with 'send private message to' and you click that and type in your message

easy as pie
                      Mmmmm... pie. I like pie.

Comment

so when does anyone think they're going to announce if amanda's in s5 of atlantis? i'm *really* tired of waiting to find out...

jewel talked about having to get back in shape (for those grey uniforms) for starting up filming again, so it sounds like 'she's' in it... I NEED TO KNOW!

*gripes, whines, gurgles, chokes*

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          so when does anyone think they're going to announce if amanda's in s5 of atlantis? i'm *really* tired of waiting to find out...

jewel talked about having to get back in shape (for those grey uniforms) for starting up filming again, so it sounds like 'she's' in it... I NEED TO KNOW!

sally
                          I'm tired of this not knowing too, sally. Sam is Atlantis' CO now. They can't possibly bring somebody else in and Weir definitely won't be back to command as Torri has said she's not interested in doing Stargate: Atlantis full time. It has to be Sam now. Sam...or nobody. She's the (wo)man.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

sally
                            I think JM said the ball is in Sciffy's court on that one...it's up to them to announce it...which is why he's kept mum on the whole thing I guess.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely holiday season. I have been on vacation and am just getting ready to start back to school for the Spring term.

Anyways, I found this interview while surfing the net and I don't think anyone has posted a link to it here yet. If someone has, just feel free to ignore it. It's from the December 2nd blog on the SciFi Channel site. It's a nice little interview.

"Queen of Sci Fi"

Spoiler for interview:
                              Spoiler:
                              Can you imagine Amanda helping to catch 200 pounds of fish?

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                                Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely holiday season. I have been on vacation and am just getting ready to start back to school for the Spring term.

Anyways, I found this interview while surfing the net and I don't think anyone has posted a link to it here yet. If someone has, just feel free to ignore it. It's from the December 2nd blog on the SciFi Channel site. It's a nice little interview.

"Queen of Sci Fi"

Spoiler for interview:
                                Spoiler:
                                Can you imagine Amanda helping to catch 200 pounds of fish?

thanks. that was a cute interview.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X