Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    The real question is what will they do for her? Will they invite her to their celebration?
    It would be nice to think of her integrating into her new home and new command by being invited to pop into the mess to be with them for part of the evening. Or she could follow in Picard's footsteps and invite her senior staff for a game of cards (it might cramp her troops fun to have the boss there all evening).

Being The Man can be lonely at the top.

FF
    sigpic

Comment

here's a nice little sam/daniel friendship fic, tag to hathor so about what happened there, especially between daniel and hathor, so please bear that in mind. also a little language

http://kuonji14.livejournal.com/14956.html
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
        Being The Man can be lonely at the top.

FF
        i cant say for everyone here..but i wouldn't mind her being on top. lol

Comment

Originally posted by The-rage View Post
          *SPLASH*... and welcome to the gutter
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Well that should keep Mandy occupied for at least another... I don't know... day or so??

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
              Oh wow....so lucky!!!
              If you don't mind me asking but where and when did you get to meet her??? Just with NZ being just over the water a little bit, I would fly out if I knew she was there for even just a day...I know she was in Oz back in 2002 IIRC...but I didn't know about that til way after the fact...should have gotten into this fandom a lot sooner...D'oH!!!
              I can't wait for you 2 to get here...I'm bugging hubby to get a bigger house just so we can accommodate friends...like you guys!!!...coz as things are you'd be on the living room floor!!!...we have no room at the inn but we'd get you a bed somehow!!
              Night all!!
              It was 2002 too. =) At Armageddon here. Teryl and Don were there too. We'll be coming over in July now. I should tell Eileen huh... Cause Wicked is now opening in July. And auditions are still going on. They just for this month though. So you have 6 months to get a bigger house, and I have 6 months to save. =D
              Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              This was in 2002 too. Before I started watching Stargate.

It's all good, I can sleep on the floor! I was talking to my cousin today and she reckons it's a $20 flight from where she is studying

Emma, have you got a saving plan going for the trip? *pokes* Everyone, keep reminding her!
              No. Not yet. *sigh* But we have until July now. I'm going away with ma beginning of Jan, so after that I'll be saving... or something. If all else fails I can just use my course related costs... =)
              sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
              "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
              My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Hi Everyone,

First, a big thank you to Tittamiire and Sofie for the great Christmas cards

Originally posted by Über View Post
                Thanks to all who've been voting, Amanda won top spot on this poll last month! Now...this is the big finale where people can vote for the top Queen of Women We Love 2007.

Other fandoms have seen Amanda's recent surge and are jumping in to push other women to the top. I say...NO WAY! After all, who's better to be named queen other than HRH of Samanda Amanda Tapping herself?!?? That's right...No one!!

http://www.lesbianation.com/scene/index.cfm?listID=193
                Über do we vote daily on this or...?
                Originally posted by The-rage View Post
                Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                *SPLASH* The gutter's lovely and warm isn't it?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                  Über do we vote daily on this or...?
                  Julia(samcarterrules)
                  The rules seem to be you can vote as often as you want EXCEPT don't overdo it:
                  The Rules:

* The top five women of the list are determined by the highest number of votes received each month. Excessive repeat voting will not be counted!
                  * The five women who receive the lowest votes each month will be cut from the list.
                  * Women cut from the list cannot return for at least 3 months after being voted off.
                  * The new five ladies on the list each month are selected based on how many requests we receive for them during the previous month.

So let's keep goin'!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Thanks to SGFerrit...I just saw the new spoiler pictures for BAMSR and Carter is in a lot of them:

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php

yes!

this small hiatis has actually been longer for sam fans because sam was missing in the last two eps before the hiatis began. so FINALLY.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Fic recommendation - I found two stories by sbz recently and loved both. I think Sam's fans would like them too. I hope so.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/958485/sbz

Three warnings:

(1) Much Sam whumping and anguish, but in a way that made me admire her.
                      (2) There is no ship - only friendships - mostly between Sam and Teal'c and others. So if you are looking for JS, you will be disappointed.
                      (3) sbz is not done with her second fic (sorry sbz, I think you are a she, forgive me if I am wrong). However she does update daily (except Christmas). And she gives fabulous feedbacks to reviews - not just a thank you for review, but provides more details. The only other person I know who does that is Sky. And I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
                        in spoilers for size..
                        Spoiler:
                        Lovely capping once again hasti! Thanks for sharing her silly faces.

Thanks to SGFerrit...I just saw the new spoiler pictures for BAMSR and Carter is in a lot of them:

Tempting, tempting *resists*

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        here's a nice little sam/daniel friendship fic, tag to hathor so about what happened there, especially between daniel and hathor, so please bear that in mind. also a little language

http://kuonji14.livejournal.com/14956.html
                        Yay! I really could use a good fic right now. It's been a looong day.

So let's keep goin'!
                        *goes to vote again* Go AT and Teryl too!

Originally posted by jz9 View Post
                        Fic recommendation - I found two stories by sbz recently and loved both. I think Sam's fans would like them too. I hope so.

Three warnings:

(2) There is no ship - only friendships - mostly between Sam and Teal'c and others. So if you are looking for JS, you will be disappointed.
                        (3) sbz is not done with her second fic (sorry sbz, I think you are a she, forgive me if I am wrong). However she does update daily (except Christmas). And she gives fabulous feedbacks to reviews - not just a thank you for review, but provides more details. The only other person I know who does that is Sky. And I like it.
                        Yay..more to read! *settles in*

I had the most horrendous day today. People MUST be using all those gift cards they got for Christmas cos we were swamped with people all day long AND we were shorthanded cos they didnt schedule enough people. My manager was conveniently out of sight all day long too when we could have used his help. Figures. *grumbles LOTS* Anyway...off to chill out, grab some tea, read some of those fics and maybe play a game..or watch a movie..or nudge a friend or two on IM.

Night all!

Comment

So let's keep goin'!
                          Once a day doesn't sound excissive *goes to vote again*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            This was in 2002 too. Before I started watching Stargate.
                            It's all good, I can sleep on the floor! I was talking to my cousin today and she reckons it's a $20 flight from where she is studying
                            Emma, have you got a saving plan going for the trip? *pokes* Everyone, keep reminding her!
                            $20 flight from where??? Never heard of a $20 flight anywhere!!! Tell her she's dreamin'!!
                            You want me to put it in my sig...I'm here a lot more than I'm supposed to...so it will be here a lot!!
                            Thank you Über...I can't save any of them though...bummer!!
                            Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                            It was 2002 too. =) At Armageddon here. Teryl and Don were there too. We'll be coming over in July now. I should tell Eileen huh... Cause Wicked is now opening in July. And auditions are still going on. They just for this month though. So you have 6 months to get a bigger house, and I have 6 months to save. =D
                            No. Not yet. *sigh* But we have until July now. I'm going away with ma beginning of Jan, so after that I'll be saving... or something. If all else fails I can just use my course related costs... =)
                            Oh bummer...I was hoping to take you to Sydney and Walhalla with me...dang!!...ok...so planning holidays in July....sweet!
                            Three warnings:
                            Thank you for the fic recs...yay...I do love a bit of whump!!

Gotta go...got to put the roast on...roast chicken and roast spuds for dinner with some seasonal vegies....yummm...I'm going all out seeings how it's gonna be a scorcher tomorrow and I have to work!!
                            I'm not sure if I will be on again til after the 2nd...hopefully I will be back sooner rather than later but just in case......
                            Have a very Happy and SAFE New Years everyone...take care and see you in 2008!!!

I'm no good at making speeches or saying profound things and the like but I would like to say this. I don't have any resolutions at this time...other than that I will continue to enjoy my family and my life and be as happy as I can, because life is too short to be sad...and I will continue to appreciate what I have...it may not be a lot but it's all mine...my friends and family and my happiness...which brings me to say...thank you all for making my 2007 a wonderful year. I am so lucky to have all of you to inspire me and to make me smile every day!!
                            Thank YOU!

(((Samanda)))

This is truly a wonderful place to visit!!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey Everyone,

So let's keep goin'!
                              Woohoo! *runs off to vote*

Three warnings:

Yay for Sam whump
                              Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                              Gotta go...got to put the roast on...roast chicken and roast spuds for dinner with some seasonal vegies....yummm...I'm going all out seeings how it's gonna be a scorcher tomorrow and I have to work!!
                              I'm not sure if I will be on again til after the 2nd...hopefully I will be back sooner rather than later but just in case......
                              Have a very Happy and SAFE New Years everyone...take care and see you in 2008!!!

I'm no good at making speeches or saying profound things and the like but I would like to say this. I don't have any resolutions at this time...other than that I will continue to enjoy my family and my life and be as happy as I can, because life is too short to be sad...and I will continue to appreciate what I have...it may not be a lot but it's all mine...my friends and family and my happiness...which brings me to say...thank you all for making my 2007 a wonderful year. I am so lucky to have all of you to inspire me and to make me smile every day!!
                              Thank YOU!

(((Samanda)))

This is truly a wonderful place to visit!!
                              We love you too chelle have a good New Year

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

just stopping by to wish you all a happy new year as i won't be around the beginning of the week. hope you all have a really good year next year.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X