Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i posted a request for spoilers too

you know folks, if you're so insprired, shooting questions at joe isn't going to get us that far. he's only one man. if you're worried about the lack of sam, the best thing to do is to fire off letters to mgm, scifi et al

let them know that sam/amanda has a fan base and, who knows, if someone is trying to push her to the side, having fans might be bargaining power for her
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      i posted a request for spoilers too

you know folks, if you're so insprired, shooting questions at joe isn't going to get us that far. he's only one man. if you're worried about the lack of sam, the best thing to do is to fire off letters to mgm, scifi et al

let them know that sam/amanda has a fan base and, who knows, if someone is trying to push her to the side, having fans might be bargaining power for her
      All true...but he can also report to said PTB if he's being pelted by Sam fans
      who want to know what's up....

Okay...here's my question to JM...

++++++++++++++

Joe,

As delighted as I am about Ben Browder joining the cast, I and a bunch of the other fine folks of the Sam's A Great Character thread are a smidge concerned by the sense that the focus will be about the new guys, new technology, etc., and kind of shelving the others...in this case, Sam.

We haven't seen much reference to her being a former Tok'ra host by way of her using cool Goa'uld technology in a while...we finally got to see her utilize her piloting skills in Covenant but, besides her gift at technospeak and her mean wielding of a Carter special or P90, she's painfully underutilized (although we were thrilled to learn that the world's leading theoretical astrophysicist could also run a fax machine).

Is the fact that there's a lot being said about Cameron in Season 9 (as opposed to Daniel/Sam/Teal'c) just because we don't know him yet or is it an example of the direction the show will be heading in the future?

We get that there's a whole hush-hush aspect to giving out spoilers, especially if they're about key players/major storylines...and we know you are real excited about the new season and characters, but the reason we've been watching the past NINE years is because of the three primary ones. Is there a reason we are hearing so little about our original characters? Could you toss a bone to some of your faithful lapdogs please? Just a small bone. A bone-ette.

We're dyin' out here.

++++++++++++++

So? What do you all think? Too much???
      Last edited by Uber; 28 May 2005, 06:35 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

well, maybe

it's been my experience that joe tends to ignore rants. And i'm not insulting your post at all!!

i'm just saying that unless he has something simple to answer, he tends to skip and ignore

maybe keep it simpler next time. ask more direct questions, things he can't misinterpret

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
          Or been sarc-ed.
          true. she has that notable distinction from the other guys

sigpic

Comment

true. she has that notable distinction from the other guys
            Wow...who knew "sarcophagus" could be used as a verb?

Congrats on your 3,800th POST!!!! Woo HOOOO!!!!!

Enjoy your well-earned blue jello feast...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

LOL

thanks

sigpic

Comment

*stares mesmerized by the applause gif*

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                  As you were posting about the Behind the Gate special, I was working on this. (click on the red type to hear the quote)

First, what all of us are doing for the next couple of months.

and

Next for all you shippers

Jack and Sam only

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/PDVD_002.bmp

What's behind the gate?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/PDVD_003.bmp
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/PDVD_004.bmp
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/PDVD_005.bmp

Finally, what we all know and hope that TPTB appreciate

Carter is hot!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/PDVD_010.bmp

NC
                  Great post, NC! And what fun audio clips!
                  Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  LOL. Thanks NC for putting these all up, they are great. The one scene that I loved the most though was the one with Pierre and Amanda where he asks about Sam and Teal'cs chemistry.

BERNARD: I’ve noticed several episodes where you and Chris seem to have somethin’ goin’ on. It’s weird: I don’t know how to explain it but they would bring the camera on the two of you and it almost seems like a private joke has occurred.

AMANDA: I’m thrilled you’re getting that.

BERNARD: What’s going on there? Does RDA have something to worry about?

AMANDA: I think if he doesn’t step up to the plate and start acting like a real man, then maybe he does have something to worry about – that’s all I’m gonna say.
                  LOL - that last line of AT's is one of my favorites! Tried repping you, Kat, but I'm banned from your green jello fridge.
                  Originally posted by The Warrior
                  : peers into thread :

Hi all. I've been lurking in this thread for a while (since about page 150 or so) and I just wanted to pop in and say how much I enjoy watching the show and more specifically the character of Sam. There's not really much to say about her that hasn't already been said. She’s smart and resourceful and always seems to solve the problem. She perseveres in the face of failure. She’s a warrior plain and simple, and I hope to see more of the same in season 9.
                  She is human, it's true; she makes mistakes, but it only serves to deepen the complexity of her character.

Well, looks like I said it anyway.

And I have to say, this is a great thread. It's hard to find a place that is actually Sam friendly these days.

: resumes lurking :
                  Welcome aboard, Warrior!

Or should I say... welcome out of the bushes?
                  Feel free to post here - the SaGC is a relatively safe and friendly place! Since you've been with us for months (since page 150), then I won't post the link for the index post for you - you've probably got it already bookmarked!
                  Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  So I've got a question for you all...strictly out of the blue, off the cuff, that kind of thing...

I've been looking at/for Amanda Tapping and/or Sam Carter websites. Some good, some not so good *cough*amandatapping.com*cough*

What are the best features you've seen on a fan site? And what do you wish you could see or would want to find???
                  Uber - what a great idea! And I'd say... I like great pics - and the php rotators are great for that... and links to the other cool AT websites (the ones that are Sam Friendly)... and links to places like this thread! Links to music vids.... Hmmm... will have to think about more....
                  Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Was playing around in Photoshop before, and came up with this:

JediCarter! Great pic, AD! And... this is a first for you isn't it? (The first time that you've posted a photoshopped Sam photo... - not counting your sig pic photos).

Originally posted by SamFan31
                  On the other hand....

And then I scroll down...and SamFan has taken up the challenge! Cool pic.... at the sword in Sam's hand! And great photoshopping to both you and AD!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                    I thought of Sky when I saw that.
                    Click on the red type to listen to the quote.

Something goin' on?

Carter doll?

RDA ananatomically correct figure?

NC
                    LOL! Thanks again, NC! I didn't get to see the Lowdown, so this is great fun!
                    Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    No romantic interest for Sam this year, at least no new ones that I would guess. I have a strong suspicion that TPTB have realized that they have ran that plot into the ground. On to bigger and better things for Sam. Like going on a little flying excursion with Cameron in the X-302, you know showing him the ropes around the solar system.

JM said Cameron would be showing off his flying skills this season... he never said Sam wouldn't be doing the same.
                    Sam zipping around in the pilot's seat would be fantastic... as long as she isn't second seat to Mitchell! And I have a sneaking suspicion in my gut that says that they won't be able to conceive of making the lead male second seat to the female... so I hope they just put them in separate ships! Go Sam!
                    Originally posted by binkpmmc
                    Let's hope she gets to fly it and he is second seat to her. Based on another post by JM he said Mitchell would be doing some flying in S9 - that's fine as long as Carter is NOT second seat to him and of they do fly together she is piloting. I would hate to see them pout Carter second to Mitchell in everything, especially if she does not get lead of SG1 back.
                    Oh, and then I read down the posts further and see that bink is on my wavelength RE Pilot Sam!
                    Considering that Mitchell is an actual 302 pilot I doubt we'd see Sam get to take front seat over him. However, that doesn't mean Carter can't fly on his wing
                    What if it were a ship that had some special modifications... ones that Sam invented and oversaw the implementation of?
                    All true...but he can also report to said PTB if he's being pelted by Sam fans
                    who want to know what's up....

Okay...here's my question to JM...

++++++++++++++

Joe,

As delighted as I am about Ben Browder joining the cast, I and a bunch of the other fine folks of the Sam's A Great Character thread are a smidge concerned by the sense that the focus will be about the new guys, new technology, etc., and kind of shelving the others...in this case, Sam.

We haven't seen much reference to her being a former Tok'ra host by way of her using cool Goa'uld technology in a while...we finally got to see her utilize her piloting skills in Covenant but, besides her gift at technospeak and her mean wielding of a Carter special or P90, she's painfully underutilized (although we were thrilled to learn that the world's leading theoretical astrophysicist could also run a fax machine).

Is the fact that there's a lot being said about Cameron in Season 9 (as opposed to Daniel/Sam/Teal'c) just because we don't know him yet or is it an example of the direction the show will be heading in the future?

We get that there's a whole hush-hush aspect to giving out spoilers, especially if they're about key players/major storylines...and we know you are real excited about the new season and characters, but the reason we've been watching the past NINE years is because of the three primary ones. Is there a reason we are hearing so little about our original characters? Could you toss a bone to some of your faithful lapdogs please? Just a small bone. A bone-ette.

We're dyin' out here.

++++++++++++++

So? What do you all think? Too much???
                    Not too much! Definitely a great post, Uber!

Comment

UberSG-1Fan -- loved it, you go. I don't know if you will get nagged about it, I think that there are others who may be getting a bit tired of Mallozzi's antics with how he replies (or doesn't as the case may be) as lately I have seen more posts that are of a slightly more "challenging" nature, not just in relation to Carter.
                      Last edited by binkpmmc; 28 May 2005, 07:45 PM.

Comment

... I think I may have figured out the "very good reason" if I have found the correct Cameron Bright...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1080974/
                        This is more than "freaky", is it some weird take-off on Fragile Balance?! Or Ascension Redux ... now Orlin will have the hots for Sam but only as a pre-pubescent twelve-year-old. That's not doing it for me, folks ... oh my, oh my, oh my.

But casting Orlin as a twelve-year old may fit right in with the younger male demographic.

It seems that they had to go to a Plan B after SPF didn't sign up as they had hoped. That's a shame. I thought the actor gave a very good reading of the part and so did AT at the time. I guess the plot will be that he was punished once again and that maybe his punishment was starting all over as a child.

Scorecard: Cameron gets the sword; Carter babysits a twelve-year old. No wonder JM isn't answering questions ... No matter what they do with Orlin, there will be some Sam bashers who will then feel that she's hitting on a kid - you watch and see!

On that note ... Caption anyone?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...rlineLight.jpg
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 28 May 2005, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Good question on the AJM threads - thanks for adding .

maybe keep it simpler next time. ask more direct questions, things he can't misinterpret
                          I do not think he misinterprets, I think he yanks chain on purpose like the time SueS asked if Carter would be in charge of SG1 upon her return. He knew exactly what she meant because a similar question had been posted several times previously by different people and he knows the topic is a hot issue for S9 -- this is many, many pages back on the AJM thread -- and he ignored all of them up to SueS', then his reply (if you can call it that) to SueS was something to the effect: do you mean upon her return or when she rejoins SG1? Please - do not insult my intelligence.

His answer (and I use the term loosely) to SueS was a cop out if I have ever seen one. If he's not going to answer with substance at least don't insult the fans with inane replies which is one of the reasons he is starting to tick me off. For once, and I say this with true conviction, I would love to see him, or anyone over at Bridge, be honest about things instead of making up cutsey replies or ignoring the issue or the question. For example, all he has to say is, that is too big a spoiler sorry - can't say or we have big stories planned for Carter after AT gets back into the swing of things on set or Carter will play an integral role when she returns, etc., anything that would give the impression that Carter will actually be participating in S9 and not just standing around. Sometimes, when he says things, I get the impression he thinks all of the fans are in that elusive demographic they are pandering too lately and none of us have much of any intelligence.

Comment

Considering that Mitchell is an actual 302 pilot I doubt we'd see Sam get to take front seat over him.
                            If TPTB do indeed use that logic to have Carter second seat to Mitchell than let's hope the same type of respect would apply to when Carter rejoins the team since she was the actual leader of the team and Mitchell doesn't get to take leadership of the team over her.

Comment

I seem to be on a posting frenzy - not sure why. Sorry. (edited to add that I think Skydiver just gave me my reason for this posting frenzy - it IS late and I am grumpy too! (but you all knew that - I've been grumpy, and negative, for weeks now . . . so I will once again try and stop. Can these things be addictive? If so, who do I sue? )
                              Last edited by binkpmmc; 28 May 2005, 07:56 PM.

Comment

true, i think he does yank our chain

you know, who cares about sam? i mean, we're not deluging bridge with letters or warning the writers to 'watch thier backs' or other such rubbish, so obviously we're nothing to them

bleh, bugger to them

you know, and yes it's late and i'm grumpy, but if they're gonna treat sam like some 'let's ignore that blond chick' extra, then i'll happily watch s9 tank. let the three stooges drive it into the ground with the sex and potty jokes they seem to enjoy

because, no matter what they do, we've had 8 fantastic (ok, 6 fantastic, 2 ok) seasons of a wonderful character who's smart, funny, genuine and real and a role model for a ton of people

she's proof that the female lead does not have to act with her bust size or strut aroudn in tank tops to be a vital part of the show. She's proven that a female can be a member of the team first with her gender being irrevalent

ain't her fault that the fanboys at bridge or mgm are too hormonally driven and blind to see the wonderful thing they're destroying

at the end of it all, hey, they're the ones who will pander themselves out of work, not me. there'll always be another show for me to watch

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X