Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey fellow Sam fans,

There's this competition going on right now in the 'Fun and Games' section called The Ultimate Character Tournament. Everyone was playing fair until the competition was advertised in the Daniel/Vala thread and then Daniel/Vala votes started to flood in like you wouldn't believe. So I was wondering if Sam could get similar support from her fans. I wasn't going to advertise it because it's not playing fair but seeing as one fan group isn't playing fair already I don't see why they should be rewarded with their characters winning - and I only came to that conclusion because Sam has ended up in the bottom two of the competition and needs as much support as possible.

Right now, you just have to choose between Sam and Teal'c because they ended up in the bottom two, with Daniel, Vala and Jack making it through (in that order)....
    Daniel Jackson - 15
    Vala Mal Doran - 14
    Jack O'Neill - 12
    Samantha Carter - 9
    Teal'c - 6
    Any help would be much appreciated...thanks in advance.

Nikki xxx

PS. Ignore this if you’re not interested and apologies if it causes any offence, thanks for taking the time to read it anyway.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Nikki-

Please, will you stop bashing the D/V thread? Someone mentioned the game in passing once. If you want to do the same, fine...but there really is no need to go into other threads and attack someone (or a whole ship/thread for that matter) because of it.

But yay for all Sam fans who join Although I haven't been voting for her (been trying to keep the underdogs afloat ), I was surprised by her being in the bottom two.

-Stef
      Last edited by Stef; 17 December 2007, 07:36 AM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
        Nikki-

Please, will you stop bashing the D/V thread? Someone mentioned the game in passing once. If you want to do the same, fine...but there really is no need to go into other threads and attack someone (or a whole ship/thread for that matter) because of it.

But yay for all Sam fans who join Although I haven't been voting for her (been trying to keep the underdogs afloat ), I was surprised by her being in the bottom two.

-Stef
        I didn't bash the D/V thread...simply stated that an advertisement had been placed in that thread and so I was doing the same for my fav character.

Edit: Oh, and the red was real mature.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Advertise all you like, anywhere you like...I have no problems with that. I welcome new blood into the game. I always expected Sam and Jack to win anyway I only ask that you respect everyone else who plays.

But I don't want to start a fight in this thread...I just wanted to address the problem publicly to let people know that we D/V shippers aren't all cheating devils despite what you may hear But if you want to take this convo off the thread, just PM me.

Sorry for disrupting everyone's happy Sam vibes! I would post something, but I'm afraid I'm not so much of an individual Sam fan as I am a Sam-pairing fan (with Vala and Cam specifically). As ammends for my OT-ness, I will try to finish up my Sam/Vala "we are women, here us roar" vid that I've had on my computer sometime this week Speaking of...anybody know of any other than "Girl Next Door?"

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

PMs are fine.
            Last edited by Nikki; 17 December 2007, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I'm needing a Amanda fix too, I say an Amanda fix b/c anything with Amanda would be great right now, I did watch Stuck again yesterday and SG1 a wee while ago

Oh and thanks to ames for the Christmas card

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Guys,

In every game, someone has to lose. Who cares who it is? That's one reason i don't play. It's a 'little thing' and little things aren't worth fussing over.

Now, as a mod, i saw no bashing of the daniel/vala thread, just a mention that members had been alerted to and invited to play. Bashing would have happened had something like 'those pesky little d/v fans' (although i guess i can see how 'everyone was playing fair until....' can be seen as not fun to read)

However, i'm sure what the d/v folks did is no different than what the daniel and jack fans did once tehy learned of the contest, invite friends to come and play. Just like has been done here.

Play, don't play. It's your call. Just don't fight over it please.

Whether or not sam wins a contest doesn't change how we feel about her, and, in the end, that's what matters
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I agree. Sorry, I can get a bit defensive ()...especially when comments repeat themselves. It was obviously nothing worth mod intervention...sorry you had to jump in. I really have no problem with everyone joining in on the game regardless of your votes Vote for Chewbacca if you like...wait...he's not in this game...my bad

But anyway....I am heading off to bed. Before I go, I was wondering if anyone had any songs they could recommend for me to use for a Sam/Vala video. I have one...but I'd really like to have something fun for them. There are so few vids for the ladies together it seems

-Stef

Comment

Naw...the D/V folks is cool peeps. Remember when someone-who-shan't-be-named went on a rage a few months ago and rated threads down a star? Who came in and helped voted us up??? The D/V gang, that's who!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I agree. Sorry, I can get a bit defensive ()...especially when comments repeat themselves. It was obviously nothing worth mod intervention...sorry you had to jump in. I really have no problem with everyone joining in on the game regardless of your votes Vote for Chewbacca if you like...wait...he's not in this game...my bad

But anyway....I am heading off to bed. Before I go, I was wondering if anyone had any songs they could recommend for me to use for a Sam/Vala video. I have one...but I'd really like to have something fun for them. There are so few vids for the ladies together it seems

-Stef
                      Oh geez...don't do this to me!!! Now I'm going to sit and obsess over what song could work. GAH!!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                        <snip>
                        Spoiler:

Definitely missing home again

Originally posted by Über View Post
                        <irrelevant.offtopic.content>

The Titans won!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooot!!!!

We're still alive in the AFC playoff race!!!

</irrelevant.offtopic.content>

Hey...is Carter great, or what?????
                        (See??? I can do on-topic stuff too)
                        *snort*
                        Thank you - that post made me grin
                        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                        ames on facebook
                        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

-Stef
                          Hmmm, there's a song by Aretha Franklin and Annie Lennox, Iit's called Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves, it's a very upbeat song

Here's the youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqU8407iof8
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Hmmm, there's a song by Aretha Franklin and Annie Lennox, Iit's called Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves, it's a very upbeat song

Here's the youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqU8407iof8
                            Ooooooooh good 'un.

Comment

how about she has a girlfriend now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBNy3l3Me5o Already pmed stef with it but it would be a cute music vid if you ask me...

yes the femslasher in me is out for now

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                how about she has a girlfriend now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBNy3l3Me5o Already pmed stef with it but it would be a cute music vid if you ask me...

yes the femslasher in me is out for now
                                I do love that song. Man, now I am going to have to listen to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X