X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    here's an observation:

twice sam has openly bucked authority and disobeyed orders

in serpents grasp when she went with sg-1 to save earth, then in foothold, she said to heck with the chain of command and went outside it to save earth

in SG, she got jack's admiration, in Foothold, she got harry's

now there have been a couple of other times, such as disobeying jack in singularity or defying bauer in chain of command...but i'm thinking one valuable thing thta sam has learned from jack is that there definitely are times when breaking the rules is the thing to do
    the first thing that popped into my head from what you said above was season 5's 'the fifth man', where sam was ready to defy orders to the point of being shot by a room full of guards. go sam!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Hope you're right on all the bluster ... For most of us on this thread, that will come down to how Sam is written ...
      Hi - you have hit the nail on the head because with all of the changes, all of the lost characters that I was invested in over the years (O'Neill, Janet, Hammond, Davis, Jonas, etc.), there really is not much left in the show for me except Carter. I have zero interest in Mitchell and starting over with a new guy who I really do not care for as an actor anyway, I find Daniel and Teal'c supporting characters whose stories don't really hold my interest alone (I like them as part of the team - the original SG1), for Lou Gossett (as much as I like him and think he is great) the Jaffa story never really caught my interest all that much and it seems to be a heavy part of the story for S9 so I am already bored by that aspect, I find Beau Bridges to be wooden and boring as an actor so I have no interest in his character or spending any time getting invested in his character and vala, well PU pretty much sums up what I think of that character and her antics so, for me, it does indeed boil down to Carter and how/whether they use her to keep the show together as it should be.

If it turns into the BB show that will also tear it for me and, at this point it seems to me that with TPTB, and everyone else involved in the show that opens their mouth, the main thing that comes out right now is BBs name. I am dreading the BB show and the reason I think that is what they will feed the fans is because they want the Farscape fans hooked in S1 of their next "spinoff" and yes I am viewing this S9 as a spin-off since so much has changed except for 3 characters who may not even be focused on much at all. I hope I will be eating my words and I will come back here and take it all back if I am wrong and S9 turns out to be the kick-a$$ Carter, who is in charge of SG1 when she rejoins the team and if the show is well written, interesting and engrossing as opposed to the debacle that was S8. Sorry to drag you down with my negativity - this is why I am trying to stay away - I do not want to drag you guys down so this is it, for a while anyway.

Comment

Brilliant Idea! All citizens of Samanda ... please put on your thinking caps and offer suggestions for the Samandan motto and royal flag.

Perhaps we can then vote, as good citizens are wont to do, on our favourite selections.

Methinks that the Royal Photographer and Graphics Designer are up to something.
        Methinks youthinks correctly.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

chocdoc, regarding your feelings/thoughts on the interviews from the cast/producers regarding season 9... i *totally* agree.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...PinkBasket.jpg

And it is the picture of the exact same flower arrangement that we sent to the Queen when she returned to work!
            thank you!

i'm saving this picture.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
              AD’s drabble always brings a tear to my eye. It’s so touching and I can just hear Louis Armstrong singing What a Wonderful World.
              Originally posted by astrogeologist
              And what do I hear? I hit the scan button to stop the scan mode. It was that song... 'Wonderful World'... and it made me think of Agent Dark's drabble and Sam looking back at the Earth... touched my geologic soul.. and then the lyrics took me away and beyond Stargate.
              eep... it was just something I did while I was bored one night... I didn't even think it was that great (compared to some of our fanfic writers here!) but I'm glad you liked it
              Maybe if I get some inspiration, I'll see what else I can come up with

Comment

Kat, your new sig is awesome!

Edit: Looks like I bet ya to the punch

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  eep... it was just something I did while I was bored one night... I didn't even think it was that great (compared to some of our fanfic writers here!) but I'm glad you liked it
                  Maybe if I get some inspiration, I'll see what else I can come up with
                  Maybe my new sig can offer you a bit of inspiration.

Now...go be a good Samandan and write us some more beautiful drabbles.

Edit: Aw man I was a second too slow, you saw it already!! *LOL*
                  I'm glad you like it!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Hello Everyone,

Uber and I were talking tonight and a few questions popped up that we felt we should pass onto the loyal subjects of Samanda.

1) Does Samanda have a motto??

2) Does Samanda have a Royal Flag?

We would like to ask for suggestions for both if the answer is presently no.

Thanks Kat
                    Haha, I know where we can get some mottos...

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                      And just what's wrong with a duct tape fixation?
                      Dear Royal Guard Person

You're only saying this because of your own conditioning with the chair restraints in the Royal Accountant's living room. My word ... did she dare use the duct tape too? I seem to recall that she might have ... poor man ... silenced in his admiration of the Queen!

Jester
                      My Dear Jester,

Don't forget the exfoliating capability either...

1s4S

Comment

I think, personally, everyone at bridge is under 'keep it positive. Keep everyone excited, nothing negative' orders.

I think that bridge is scared. s9 is one heck of a gamble. rda is gone, AT is absent, teh two remaining cast members, neither of them have a strong and compelling story (how many are enthused about the jaffa rebellion or moer ascended stuff????) and they'er adding an unprecedented number of new cast members

I think this is, moer than any other, a make it or break it season. It wouldn't surprise me if promises weren't made to scifi along the lines of 'yeah, we know rick is gone but i promise you, we can go on without him. we'll pull equal or better ratings' and now that that promise is made, they gotta live up to it.

and how better than to hype and promote and do everything they can to get people to tune in

I think that is a lot of what's behind all these interviews. the boys at bridge gotta convince us that it's better now and to do that, they'er gonna keep telling us that over and over and over and hope that we believe it...or at least tune in long enough for them to get good enough ratings to get s10

I don't think it's anything personal, just a bunch of people scared tolose thier jobs adn wililng to do/say pretty much anything to save them
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Brilliant Idea! All citizens of Samanda ... please put on your thinking caps and offer suggestions for the Samandan motto and royal flag.

Perhaps we can then vote, as good citizens are wont to do, on our favourite selections.

Methinks that the Royal Photographer and Graphics Designer are up to something.

I would love to add my suggestions>>>>FLAG orange with picture of Samanda land in the centre with the four corners filled with pics of action Sam,science Sam,woman Sam and kind and giving Sam, with those pics maybe faded in with pics of Amanda laughing and smileling.
                          Maybe from each pic a pic of hands reaching out
                          and grasping other hands.
                          For the Motto>>>>To laugh,to smile,to care,to reach.

Hope this is alright as this is what Amanda and
                          this thread brings to mind to me
                          ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            I think, personally, everyone at bridge is under 'keep it positive. Keep everyone excited, nothing negative' orders.

I think that bridge is scared. s9 is one heck of a gamble. rda is gone, AT is absent, teh two remaining cast members, neither of them have a strong and compelling story (how many are enthused about the jaffa rebellion or moer ascended stuff????) and they'er adding an unprecedented number of new cast members

I think this is, moer than any other, a make it or break it season. It wouldn't surprise me if promises weren't made to scifi along the lines of 'yeah, we know rick is gone but i promise you, we can go on without him. we'll pull equal or better ratings' and now that that promise is made, they gotta live up to it.

and how better than to hype and promote and do everything they can to get people to tune in

I think that is a lot of what's behind all these interviews. the boys at bridge gotta convince us that it's better now and to do that, they'er gonna keep telling us that over and over and over and hope that we believe it...or at least tune in long enough for them to get good enough ratings to get s10

I don't think it's anything personal, just a bunch of people scared tolose thier jobs adn wililng to do/say pretty much anything to save them

All the spoilers,all the interviews has imho made me feel very sad that there is very little
                            mention of Amanda even CJ interview that i have
                            just read it just made me go well that's great but would it have hurt to give Amanda a mention
                            like can't wait for Amanda to return for there is some good things for her to get her teeth into, now something like that would for me as a
                            fan make me sit up and take notice and want to find out more.
                            I do this kind of thing at work, make the product inticing and eye catching for the public to want to come in and visit the museum where as the
                            y would have just walked on by.
                            Imho tptb are missing something with so little about Sam that is coming out because so many fans are saying the same thing, we need a little more and not that "how Sam does return" little bit of info because i felt like they really could not give a dam about Sam, that was how that little bit of info came across to me!
                            ......TARA......

Comment

Guess this episode or add a Caption:

Comment

I too find the lack of amanda mention rather disheartening.

I do think it's more to ramp up the anticipation, however it could also be interpreted as she's being excluded or ignored or 'punished' for making things difficult

It is ratehr hard to hear these folks, who put themselves forth as great friends and the such to be so pointedly ignoring one of their own (course, how many times in cons over the past couple of years has CJ even talked about Amanda??? Usually all he ever wants to talk about is MS and both he and MS only discuss Amanda when a fan brings it up and 'makes' them)

However, despite all that, there is another possibiilty. Maybe they suspect that this could be Amanda's last year and since the three stooges show is going to be their potential for s10, that's what they want to focus on.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X