Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Bahahaha You're so wrong Forever... I like it!

Bah, now I've gotta go off and help move the furniture... :|
    That's the benefit of the vibrating pants - they're more portable (er, not that I've any personal experience of this, you understand... ).
    Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 24 May 2005, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Rofl...
      If they were discussing Pete - why does Janet know the size too...????
      well, he was in the infirmary
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ok, this photo is just begging to be captioned

http://www.amanda-tapping.net/amanda...bts/bts_15.jpg

AT:I don't think we've got the movements for "Y.M.C.A." just right yet!
        sigpic

Comment

Repeat of what I've said in another thread;

Question...Did this thread/forum write a congratualtion letter to AT after her baby was born? If not, I think it may be a good idea.
          -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
          -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
          -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Hmm not sure if a congratulations letter was sent, but we did send her a big bouquet of flowers welcoming her back for season 9. I think ChopinGal or AstroG would know more if anything was mentioned about Olivia.

However, AstroG is making up a book to send to AT in the near future. It will be filled with posts from this thread as well as fanart, personal letters, ect. So if you would like to add a letter congratulating her on her beautiful new baby girl, I'm sure it can be added.

Kat
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 24 May 2005, 10:50 AM.

Comment

The Gateworld home page has a link to another story about the SG1 video game, including info about the various weapons that the characters will use.

"Carter [Tapping] has the ribbon device, which she can use to throw people off cliffs."

Wow, actually acknowledging that Sam has the ability to use the device! Now if only the actual show would do the same.

You can find the whole story here

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular

Wow, actually acknowledging that Sam has the ability to use the device! Now if only the actual show would do the same.
                i would LOVE to see that. that's one aspect of sam that's been so ignored. how does she deal with it? why has she never worked on perfecting her abilty?

how about Kiana or Sarah? Has sam never bonded or felt empathy for two other ex-hosts?

there are some lovely character bits that have been ignored for whatever reason

I would love to see sam coming face to face with something jolinar did years ago and then having to face that one part of herself that makes her unique
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know?
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Welcome to all the people who have joined this thread recently!
                    Jello all round.

I just realised that if you guys do start a new thread on Monday, I won't be here for it . I'm not sure what you're planning on anyway. Some of the newbies like the idea of keeping this thread too. So I'm just going to leave it up to you all to decide what's going to happen.

The Game is looking better every time I find a new review!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

THE LOST ELDER Part 3
                      A story of Samanda

“NC, how’s it going in there?” astrogee shouted through the hull of the ship.
                      “Almost there, I just have to rewire this circuit to the doorpanel”, came the reply.
                      Chopingal checked her watch, wondering how much longer they would have to stand around in a clearing with a bunch of dead jaffa.
                      “Got it!” NC cried as the door slid open.

-------

Gracie and Agent Dark were running towards the X-302 when the next blast hit, shaking the foundations of the city. When they reached it they dove into the cockpit, AD taking back seat while the Tok’ra hostess rode up front. No sooner had they closed the roof of the cockpit than they were zooming down the Samandan runway.

-------

After much hugging and rejoicing, Majorsam suggested “How about we use the ship to fly back to Samanda. A cargo ship could be useful to the kingdom.”
                      “Well, I don’t see these guys missing it much”, said the lurker extroidinaire.
                      “Lets get this bird in the air”, Coley said as they entered.

--------

As the walls around them began to shudder, and rock dust fell from the ceiling, causing choking clouds, Sally wondered if she was doing the right thing. If the city took too many more hits, she would have to dial the alpha site. It was then that she remembered the O’neillium, the ancient repository of wit and sarcasm.
                      “The ancient repository, we can’t leave it here for the goa’uld to find!” she yelled over the noise of the kingdom being dismantled.
                      “Hell no, they could gain a sense of humour, that would be just terrible”, said Jckfan.
                      “C4?”, suggested Chocdoc.
                      “I’ll do it”, said Uber.
                      “Do what?”
                      “I’ll do it. You know, get my head sucked by the, the headsucker… thing.”
                      “No, totally out of the question. We need our Royal Photographer around here. Someone has to document all of this, and you’re the one who’s going to do it!” replied the Madam Vice President.
                      Sally secretly wanted to access the repository herself, but knew that with her responsibilty to the kingdom, that would be impossible.
                      With that thought, she started running towards the room with the O’Neillium. She guaged that it would be a few days before she noticed any effects.

-------

Astro was flying the Tel’tak towards the city, when Tony pointed, yelling loudly.
                      “It’s, it’s a, it’s…” he tried to remember what those big ships were, which the Royal Accountant had described to him before.
                      “A mothership”, supplied astrogee.
                      “Over Samanda”, added Chopingal.
                      “I’m going to radio Sal and find out what’s happening”, said Majorsam.

-------

Charlie was in charge of the radio when the transmission came through.
                      “Madam vice president, this is the president, come in please. Over. Sally, this is Majorsam, please respond. Over.”
                      There was static for a moment, and then the Royal Page picked up the reciever and said “Majorsam, this is, um, this is Charlie. Sally isn’t here right now. Er, over.”
                      “Where on Earth is she then? Please tell me that she is actually on earth! Over.”
                      “Affirmative. Majorsal is here, on earth, she’s just, um, occupied. Deepspace is the only one of us who is aboard the Ha’tak. Over.”
                      “Deepspace is aboard? What’s going on here? Over.”
                      “Um, the ship arrived not long after you left. The other Royal page was checking records in the observatory at the time, and was captured and taken to the ship via the ring transporter.The city has been under fire. Did you find the Wise Elder? Over.”
                      “We took out some jaffa, recovered NC and took this vessel which she was being held in. Over.”
                      There was static for a moment, and then a jumbled message came through.
                      “koto uot hte inma oprew roce.”
                      “Uh, madam president, are you still there? Over.”
                      “Yeah, what was that? Over.”
                      “I think the lines are getting crossed. Let me see if I can get a clear signal, over.”

--------

Deepspace had been placed in a cell with a forcefield blocking the doorway. She wondered how long it would be before they came, with their torture devices and memory probes. That was when the first blast hit…

-------

“Whoohoo!” shouted Agent Dark, who was in control of weapons while Gracie was steering.
                      “Great hit AD! I think you might have directly taken out one of the Ha’tak’s main power stations.” She turned hard around to make ready for another aim at the core of the ship.

--------

The blasts made the ha’tak shake wildly. Each hit caused the forcefield to faulter. When it was fairly weak, she decided that she’d risk it to get out. Taking a running leap at the doorway, deepspace braced herself for the equivelent shock of a zat blast. Rolling on the otherside, for a moment she couldn’t move, but was soon up and running down the corridor, looking for a ring transporter. About to turn one bend, she heard voices.
                      Damn it, she thought. How typical for there to be jaffa readying to use the rings.
                      She backtracked along the hallway, looking for the room which they were holding her confiscated gear in. It wouldn’t be far from the holding cell, and she could get her radio back.

--------

Majorsam and her team, Astro, Chopingal, Coley, 1speed, and the lurker, we’re all watching as the ring device activated, and three jaffa were transported to the surface.
                      The Madam president tapped the toe of her combat boot impatiently. She had a rough idea of what was happening, but nevertheless needed to be briefed on what had been going on in her absence.
                      A minute later the unscrambled transmission came through, Gracie’s voice loud and clear, “…took out the main power core.”
                      “Gracie, Gracie, this is Majorsam come in please”.
                      “Madam president! It’s good to hear from you. Agent Dark and I are having loads of fun up here. We’ve got the X-302, and we’re banging holes in that hull faster than you can blink. Over.”
                      “Gracie, hold your fire. I repeat, hold your fire. Over.”
                      “Madam president, is there a problem? Over.”
                      “The Royal Page is onboard. Stop firing until I give you the goahead. I’ve got a plan. Over.”

-------

Once she had found her radio, deepspace contacted Majorsam. She whispered into it, “Majorsam, do you read me?”
                      “Deepspace, are you still on the ship? Over.”
                      “Yes, how did you know I was here? The ship took a few hits, and the forcefield of my cell weakened enough for me to get out. I’m going to try and use the ring device on this level, but last I checked there were jaffa readying to use it. Over.”
                      “I’m on a stolen cargo vessel. We’ve recovered NC. I just watched the jaffa that you were talking about ring down to the surface. If you use the rings, they’ll be there as soon as you get down. I’m going to try and intercept the matter stream by flying the Tel’tak underneath the mothership. Over.”
                      “Yes ma’am. Thankyou ma’am. Over.”

-------

Sally was standing in front of the O’neillium. She slowly leant forwards, but nothing prepared her for the shock when suddenly her head was grasped.
                      There were coloured lights, and everything was entirely disorienting. When she woke up, Strix was leaning over her.
                      “Stupid”, she muttered. “Stupid, and extremely irresponsible”,
                      “Strix?”, Sal said blearily. “What…”
                      “Oh, so you want to know what you did, I’ll tell you what you did. You, our Madam Vice President, and apparent leader in the absence of Majorsam, just had the entirety of the repository downloaded into your brain. “
                      “The goa’uld would have found it…”
                      “I don’t care. We’re taking you to the infirmary. Now.”
                      “What about Samanda, we have to go to the alpha site…”
                      “Huh, like you were thinking of Samanda when you came in here. The blasts have stopped for a while. We got a radio contact from Majorsam a while ago telling us that Gracie and AD took out the ship’s main power with the X-302. And Majorsam is bringing NC and Deepspace home. After that, she’s going to call a meeting, which you are going to attend, and we are all going to work out a plan to destroy the mothership. Meanwhile, with AD and Tony away, we’re a little short on Security. Carterslave is holding off the jaffa on his own, so instead of standing here talking to our o’neilliumed leader, I should be out there helping him.

---------

In the great hall of Samanda, at least, what was left of it, with chunks missing, the court was gathered. The royal leaders were seated around the great table, the royal security team standing at the doors. Majorsam had a huge blueprint of the Ha’tak spread out, and there was didcussion bouncing back and forth. In this short reprieve, this tiny window of peace and quiet, they had to come up with a solution, to save the Kingdom of Samanda.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      deepspace is wondering what the people of Samanda will think of this part. She's not sure what she thinks of it herself. Self centred might be a good description.

You know, I tried really hard to write lots of people in, but it ended up mostly about me. Sorry. And I know I've left out so many people. I really want to include more people!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Gee, I just read somewhere that Stargate: SG1-The Alliance is only a playstation2 game.
                        Please tell me this is wrong. I had always gotten the impression that it was just a general computer game which could be played on the computer.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          i would LOVE to see that. that's one aspect of sam that's been so ignored. how does she deal with it? why has she never worked on perfecting her abilty?

how about Kiana or Sarah? Has sam never bonded or felt empathy for two other ex-hosts?

there are some lovely character bits that have been ignored for whatever reason

I would love to see sam coming face to face with something jolinar did years ago and then having to face that one part of herself that makes her unique
                          Oddly, the way Sam has been portrayed since her blending with Jolinar, I have a feeling that she tends to not allow herself to get too attached to other hosts because she's a bit afraid of that side of herself. She does not seem very comfortable with the prospect of using the technology and we know that her experiences with having naquadah in her blood hasn't been pleasant.

In Thor's Chariot when Sam finds out she has the ability to use Gou'ald techology she seems more shocked than curious. When she killed Seth using the ribbon device she looked mortified at what she had done. And in Meridian, it was only as a last resort that she even attempted to use the healing device to heal Daniel and even then she appeared completely shaken by the idea. I just think there is something about the devices that frighten Sam. She obviously has some sort of talent for using them. One would have thought that a Gou'ald who had been on Earth for hundreds, if not thousands, of years would have had the upper hand against Sam, but she easily deflected his attack and killed him.

You would think that this type of life altering event would have brought her closer to others like herself, but in most cases she seemed to shy away from them completely. I'm not really sure why they have not allowed Sam to delve deeper into this aspect of her life. It just seems to me it would have been the logical thing to do...especially on a tactical standpoint for Earth. Having one of their own people capable of using Gou'ald technology should have had the big boys chomping at the mouth, but maybe that in itself is a reason why Sam never allowed herself to obtain her full potential with the devices because she was afraid that she would become less than human in a way and more of a lab rat that could be manipulated and used. Or maybe they are just much more interested in playing with Asgard and Ancient technology.

Kat
                          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 24 May 2005, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                            Gee, I just read somewhere that Stargate: SG1-The Alliance is only a playstation2 game.
                            Please tell me this is wrong. I had always gotten the impression that it was just a general computer game which could be played on the computer.
                            I read that they only used the PS2 version at the trade show, but that it's coming out for PS2, xbox and PC too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              actually, we don't HAVE to archive it. we can leave it open.
                              and archiving might be a deceptive word. all i'll do is close the old thread and let it sink and start a new one....that can be merged with the original. so folks can still reference back to or edit thier old posts if they want to

and, again, we don't have to do anything. since someone is saving the pages onto cd on thier own, well we have our own archive of a sort so we don't necessary have to worry about it being lost
                              So we would start a new thread called "Sam's a Great Character, Rides Again" or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                                Caption

Caption--Sam: "God, she's such a know-it-all!"

Comment

Working...
                                X