No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the shippers are happy with a Jack pic but I would prefer she have a team pic... kinda like you see military people have. If the fishing pick has Danile and Teal'c goofing around in the background then I would be ok with that. Also be nice if she had a pic of her Dad, brother, nieces\nephews..... stuff like Hammond had.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
      I know the shippers are happy with a Jack pic but I would prefer she have a team pic... kinda like you see military people have. If the fishing pick has Danile and Teal'c goofing around in the background then I would be ok with that. Also be nice if she had a pic of her Dad, brother, nieces\nephews..... stuff like Hammond had.
      On her desk in her office she has

Spoiler:

a pic of Teal'c
      a pic of Daniel in tux - can be seen in Doppelganger
      a pic of Cassie - can be seen in Doppelganger
      a pic of Jacob in dress blues
      a pic of Sam and Jack shipping fishing

Comment

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
        You mean the picture I took here? No, that's from the new episode, that's why I used the spoiler tags
        Take a look at this post from Mala And come play in the shipper thread if you want
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post

Spoiler:

a pic of Teal'c
          Coool. I am happy.
          Although a nice goofing off team pic would be cool...but cant have everything.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post

Spoiler:

a pic of Teal'c
            Technically they aren't on her desk,
            Spoiler:
            but on the shelf behind it They are displayed so those that are visiting can see them.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
              Take a look at this post from Mala And come play in the shipper thread if you want
              OMG! I see now!!! Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Yea, I think I agree with AD too

It was an awesome episode and we got to see

Spoiler:
                Sam LEAD
                I agree. We are quickly seeing the SGA Sam come into her own.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                  Technically they aren't on her desk,
                  Spoiler:
                  but on the shelf behind it They are displayed so those that are visiting can see them.
                  Yeah see that is for me a difference actually.
                  Spoiler:
                  Cause a shelf is more public then a desk. If there is a pic on a desk it is more personal then on a shelf. I mean I agree though I would prefer some team pics and pics of her friends and so on... People who are important to her...
                  then her pic of her dad/Jack/Casie,... maybe in her quarters cause they are more personal. I mean she also has a quarter so. But on her desk she should put one or two person she really loves. or a group she loves. Like her team and quarters what she want.
                  Cause honestly I am not sure I want a pic of Jack on her shelf/desk. cause she still is in the airforce and she still is under command of Jack. So that would mean breaking the regs, and we all know she doesn't do that....

yes if that suddenly make me a bad shipper, that is fine with me. I know I have a strange way of shipping

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Cause a shelf is more public then a desk. If there is a pic on a desk it is more personal then on a shelf. I mean I agree though I would prefer some team pics and pics of her friends and so on... People who are important to her...
                    then her pic of her dad/Jack/Casie,... maybe in her quarters cause they are more personal. I mean she also has a quarter so. But on her desk she should put one or two person she really loves. or a group she loves. Like her team and quarters what she want.
                    Cause honestly I am not sure I want a pic of Jack on her shelf/desk. cause she still is in the airforce and she still is under command of Jack. So that would mean breaking the regs, and we all know she doesn't do that....

yes if that suddenly make me a bad shipper, that is fine with me. I know I have a strange way of shipping
                    I think you make a good point. If in the office she has a pick of all of SG-1 (or individual pics of each) then I figure its cool. But if she were to have a pic of O'Neill alone on her desk then that could be interpeted as inappropriate since he is still her boss (if he is indeed in charge of homeworld security).

Comment

Spoiler:

For me, it's always about Team.
                      Spoiler:
                      I don't watch Atlantis, so I've only seen the still posted here, but if it makes you feel happier, there could be a pile of photos in the box, of all the rest of her team, alone or together, we can only see the top one.

And it's really, really important for Sam's command that there is no hint of impropriety with a superior officer; there would be enough gossip in a closed environment like Atlantis or the SGC without adding fuel for malicious whispering about how she got the job.

FF
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Or you believe that they got together / married somewhere after Threads and read this post from PengYn in which she explains the regs aren't that of a big deal anymore cause they're not in direct coc.
                        sigpic

Comment

Or you believe that they got together / married somewhere after Threads and read this post from PengYn in which she explains the regs aren't that of a big deal anymore cause they're not in direct coc.
                          But there is nothing in current SG1 canon to support a marriage between them, hence RepliCartertje's valid concerns.

FF
                          sigpic

Comment

You know me by now; to know I don't think they are married, cause for once Sam wouldn't just go and get married with Jack. Cause she needs time to get to know him besides work honestly.

And while true in season 9 and 10 she wasn't really under his command anymore, things has changed a lot...Cause as leader of SGA, she is back under his command actually. Or for as much as I understand it though

Honeslty I love S/J together but I am also sure they aren't married like most shipper thinks. that isn't Sam's behaviour. I am sure she wants to get to know him more besides work before marrying. And I can't see how they got married after threads. I think they are dating though, or trying to get to know each other besides work... that I can see...

yes yes I know bad shipper, I am used to it by now

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                              But there is nothing in current SG1 canon to support a marriage between them, hence RepliCartertje's valid concerns.

FF
                              He he, but to some of us there are a lot of little things to support them being sooooo married. Tee Hee

*goes back to happy shipper thread*

O, and I loooove Sam. I just watched Threads & Moebius. And Amanda is soooo good playing geeky Sam. I was really impressed. And the other day I was watching reckoning and hubby was in the kitchen. RepliCarter was talking and he asked "is that Amanda? she sounds strange". Even her voice was different playing RepliCarter. Very good.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post

FF
                                That and the fact that even if it was absolutely canon, Sam doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would be displaying something that private (especially as it would be her former C.O- people would still make comments and there might be unpleasant rumours about what happened before he left) in a place where everyone could clearly see if they were to walk into her office.

I'd be very happy indeed with a photo of SG-1 on the shelf, or failing that maybe a few photos where the team is 'split' between them (Jack in one, but Daniel and Teal'c in others, as well as family). Unfortunately any embarrassing photos taken by shutter-happy team members from SGC Christmas parties will probably remain firmly in a bottom drawer in her quarters
                                sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Working...
                                X