X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
    To all of our Canadian friends ...
    Happy Thanksgiving!!
    I hope you are enjoying your Turkey & Dressing with all the trimmings including the Pumpkin pie!
    Happy thanksgiving everyone in Canada!!!

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
    before i forget here are a fue pics from my birthday with Blue Jello some of the other ones were a bit syco so....
    Sweet!!! Which reminds me...I need to make some jelly...my fave comfort food!!!
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    ok guys, here's a question
    Where would sam go on vacation and why?
    where would she go and what would she want to learn?
    Pretend that you're sam.
    Now, she is rather well paid, i think lt colonels make between 70-100K a year, plus she'd have hazardous duty bonuses, so money isn't really an object.
    where would sam go on vacation and why?
    I think Sam would go to a nice quiet beach and partake in the activities offered there...like snorkeling, diving, water skiing, jet skiing, para gliding and lazing in the sun...under the shade of a coolabah tree!!! And I would imagine she would go strolling through the markets and shop...buying things like beautiful bright clothes and hand made jewelery for her and Cassie and trinkets for the boys!!
    And she'd stay in the best and most secluded bungalow by the water...enjoying relaxing massages and spa's and sipping pina-colada's.
    Oh...and I think she'd want to learn how to weave a basket or how to spear fish!!
    I'm not sure though if she would go alone or with Jack, Cassie, Daniel and Teal'c...although I would imagine she would have more fun with them then if she went alone...as for why...well I don't know really...I just think she could have fun and relax at the same time...and she wouldn't have to be inside...she'd see the sun and blue waters...not like when she's at home and she spends a lot of time inside the mountain!!!...maybe it's because that's what I would like to do if I could afford it...I don't know...but it beats going to the beach at Kapiti that's for sure!!!
    Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    I think she would fly to NZ. She would arrive in Wellington and hire a car... drive up to Kapiti. Oh, on the way she would pick up an esky full of cold beer. Then she would bang on the door and yell, "Eileen! Come on, we're going to the beach!" Then she would leave her car at my place. We would both change into togs (swimsuits) and a sarong, slip on some flip flops... slip a bag over our shoulders (sunblock, sunglasses, good books, snacks), grab a folded chair in one hand and each grab an end of the beer esky with the other. Then we would walk down to the beach.

Uh huh.
    *grabs Eileen by the shoulders and shakes vigorously....*
    "WAKE UP EILEEN!!!! YOUR DREAMING AGAIN!!!"

Seriously girl...if Sam were going to travel that far around the globe then she wouldn't stop off in NZ...she'd keep going til she hit the sunny shores of Oz and go on a trip around the coast with me...I'll be leaving the kids with hubby so we could eat, sleep, drink and be merry til our hearts are content!!!!

Congratulations to Jane and David Hewlett on the safe arrival of their bouncing baby boy Sebastian Flynn!

Night folks...take care, be safe, have fun and hug your loved ones!!
    (((Tappinating Samandans)))
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
      Happy thanksgiving everyone in Canada!!!

Sweet!!! Which reminds me...I need to make some jelly...my fave comfort food!!!

I think Sam would go to a nice quiet beach and partake in the activities offered there...like snorkeling, diving, water skiing, jet skiing, para gliding and lazing in the sun...under the shade of a coolabah tree!!! And I would imagine she would go strolling through the markets and shop...buying things like beautiful bright clothes and hand made jewelery for her and Cassie and trinkets for the boys!!
      And she'd stay in the best and most secluded bungalow by the water...enjoying relaxing massages and spa's and sipping pina-colada's.
      Oh...and I think she'd want to learn how to weave a basket or how to spear fish!!
      I'm not sure though if she would go alone or with Jack, Cassie, Daniel and Teal'c...although I would imagine she would have more fun with them then if she went alone...as for why...well I don't know really...I just think she could have fun and relax at the same time...and she wouldn't have to be inside...she'd see the sun and blue waters...not like when she's at home and she spends a lot of time inside the mountain!!!...maybe it's because that's what I would like to do if I could afford it...I don't know...but it beats going to the beach at Kapiti that's for sure!!!

*grabs Eileen by the shoulders and shakes vigorously....*
      "WAKE UP EILEEN!!!! YOUR DREAMING AGAIN!!!"

Seriously girl...if Sam were going to travel that far around the globe then she wouldn't stop off in NZ...she'd keep going til she hit the sunny shores of Oz and go on a trip around the coast with me...I'll be leaving the kids with hubby so we could eat, sleep, drink and be merry til our hearts are content!!!!

Congratulations to Jane and David Hewlett on the safe arrival of their bouncing baby boy Sebastian Flynn!

Night folks...take care, be safe, have fun and hug your loved ones!!
      (((Tappinating Samandans)))
      Night.

Comment

Heeey! Ok, the real reasons Sam would come to Kapiti (apart from hanging with me) are as follows...

Hanging in Kapiti...

With beautiful views of Kapiti Island...

And the main reason... Southward's car museum! A world class museum full of vintage cars and bikes. How could she stay away?

I rest my case.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Heeey! Ok, the real reasons Sam would come to Kapiti (apart from hanging with me) are as follows...

Hanging in Kapiti...

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7918/nzland1as8.jpg

With beautiful views of Kapiti Island...

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9...tkapitiuq5.jpg

And the main reason... Southward's car museum! A world class museum full of vintage cars and bikes. How could she stay away?

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9950/getimagele1.jpg
          http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9410/18339944zt5.jpg

I rest my case.
          Motorbikes top it all. But that is a nice view. I think we have a winner. (I don't know I didn't start this)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            ok guys, here's a question

Where would sam go on vacation and why?
            Good question, but I would say after a long time with McKay, I am pretty sure she would just relax at home and just enjoy the things she loves the most... working on her bike and making it look extremly cool. Then she'd probably hit the road for a long time, just driving to places without a map or anything. Cause she is so organized at work, I can see her just hit the road and have a good time. Just going through the nature and stopping from time to time to relax and enjoy... with a good book or 2 with her and just reading...
            Just away from everyone, everything and the stress... and to end the trip at Jack's cabin where also T and Daniel are and fishing together. Cause there is nothing more fun then being around friends... And talking and having fun, and yes even drinking and a BBQ

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
            Since we had a polar bear story yesterday, here's a penguin story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDN3L621ASI
            That is cute but in another way also very strange... poor penguin

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
              I know it's not exactly a coherent response, but 'hee!'
              sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                Eve! You're sig is awesome! It's such a cool pic! I just wanna stare at it!
                and on the subject of sigs, whenever I read yours I can hear Amanda's silly accent as she says "multi coloured flags".

Kay aka Mumsey
                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                  and on the subject of sigs, whenever I read yours I can hear Amanda's silly accent as she says "multi coloured flags".

Kay aka Mumsey
                  Spacegirl and I quote that all the time Sometimes we do it in public places and people look at us.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by General David Niemi View Post
                    That was different.
                    For here - not so much!

Kay aka Mumsey

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                      Good question, but I would say after a long time with McKay, I am pretty sure she would just relax at home and just enjoy the things she loves the most... working on her bike and making it look extremly cool. Then she'd probably hit the road for a long time, just driving to places without a map or anything. Cause she is so organized at work, I can see her just hit the road and have a good time. Just going through the nature and stopping from time to time to relax and enjoy... with a good book or 2 with her and just reading...
                      Just away from everyone, everything and the stress... and to end the trip at Jack's cabin where also T and Daniel are and fishing together. Cause there is nothing more fun then being around friends... And talking and having fun, and yes even drinking and a BBQ
                      Yeah I agree with you Eve and she eat lots of blue jello

I'm so excited today too, cause in few hours I get to see Sam! *bounce bounce*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

LOL I've just seen a trailer for tonight's return (here in the UK) of SG Atlantis. What made me laugh was the announcer's description of Sam.

"Portal-hopping Space-Minx"

Kay aka Mumsey

Comment

Space minx??????

LOLOL

well, thats a new one
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

LOL I've just seen a trailer for tonight's return (here in the UK) of SG Atlantis. What made me laugh was the announcer's description of Sam.

Kay aka Mumsey
                            LOL, yeah I just saw that too

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Kay aka Mumsey
                              That's actually sad afaik

Comment

i can just hear that sky announcer guy saying that

You brits don't realize just how fun the Sky announcers are. The ones we have here are boring
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X