• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    she has no canon name.

neither does
    mark's wife and his kids, teal'c's mom, jack's parents
    I didn't think so.... but I couldn't remember if they had *ever* mentioned it, or not... or what the dealy was... I don't know, I just found that kinda of important considering isn't her mom's death one of the reasons she joined the AF?
    sigpic
    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

you'd think it was important...but also, when they give characters names, they have to run them through legal - to make sure there are no 'real' people wtih that name (or that could possibly be confused with the character)

it's possible that she just stayed 'mom' because they wouldn't have to do a legal search on that
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
        Hey weren't you suppose to be working on some new Sam smilies?

Get to work woman!

WE WANT OUR SAM SMILIES!!
        Well you can start begging too then, pretty pretty

Don't make Sky bring out her wet noodle...it could get ugly.
        I scoff at the noodle.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        The noodle is ribbed.
        I still scoff at the noodle.

Originally posted by General David Niemi View Post
        Don't let that there noodle scare ya, General. It's all mouth and no trousers.

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
        For her enjoyment!

Hehe, I left that part off because I didn't want to scare the guy.

For her pleasure!

*Runs around in circles*
        Keep it together, General. It's just a soggy noodle.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        yeah, well that ribbed noodle is certainly up to something

Arggh! The ribbed noodle seems to have a life of it's own!
        Just take out its batteries. Noodles are easily vanquished. VAE VICTIS.

Sort of on topic - when are the Sam&Vala ficathon fics published?
        scarimor

Comment

Amanda's video is great fun. She's so enthusiastic in all her interviews too! Even after the baby was born, I kept thinking, "gee, woman? How are you this perky and still have an infant?"

I have been very pleased so far with her integration with Atlantis from the episodes I've seen by various means. I feel like she's become more wise in her leadership style and I can't wait to see how this shows throughout the season.

For fan fiction, I have always wanted to use an older, classic name for Sam's mom, something like Margaret but called Peggy or Helen (which cracked me up when Sanctuary came out because I have used Helen and Jacob Carter in the past for Sam's parents' names). I picture a woman who would have no qualms about giving her daughter a beautiful, classic name and yet call her by a nickname that could be construed as a male name.

I like actually that we know that these people exist and can be fleshed out by us.

I have a ton of fun with Jack's or Daniel's parents, but that's for another thread!
          sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Hi, everyone!

To all LJ users:

Stef, isabelqc and myself have decided to start this comm.

It's fanfiction oriented, but can be any SG series, any rating or pairing or character. It's for anyone who reads or writes fanfiction - you don't have to post to the comm to be a member. So what's the point? Two things - first of all, honest critique. We want to encourage (if necessary) brutally honest feedback on writing, to give people an idea of what their strengths/weaknesses and areas of improvement are. Also, we all have our comfort zones - this is a good opportunity to read and write fanfiction on various characters and pairings (and obviously, it's entirely your choice what to read, so you can avoid what's unpleasant to you).

More than either of those, we want to have fun

Thanks for listening!

PS: Heliosphere, sorry to put the same message up in two of your threads! Please forgive me doing this, but I'm trying to get as many ships/characters/fans etc. on board as I can

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
              Don't let that there noodle scare ya, General. It's all mouth and no trousers.
              But rumors doom and destruction.

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
              Keep it together, General. It's just a soggy noodle.
              I can't! i just can't. Before I die my last words are.

!!Total Tappination!!

*Falls over*

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                SEE Amanda in all of her cute greatness!

HELP her win the bet by making an awesome SG video!

ARE you still here?!

GO to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t068gzUn_E to see Amanda's video for the Amanda Tapping's Stargate Atlantis Super Fan Contest!

Haha, this promo vid was fun. After all this time, I'd really like to know who BeachPartyBoi is... Anyone know?

As for the bet, well it begs the question: Are AT's fans as tech-savvy and go-get-'em as DH's? We shall see.

Comment

But rumors doom and destruction.

I can't! i just can't. Before I die my last words are.

!!Total Tappination!!

*Falls over*
                  *tuts* no one dies in Sci fi...you can ascend to another plane, become a none corporeal being, you can be kidnapped by the enemy and held captive for their evil plans while your friends and family mourn, your loved ones can alter the past and make you never have died....the choice is yours...just can't choose death
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                  My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                    *tuts* no one dies in Sci fi...you can ascend to another plane, become a none corporeal being, you can be kidnapped by the enemy and held captive for their evil plans while your friends and family mourn, your loved ones can alter the past and make you never have died....the choice is yours...just can't choose death
                    And then you come back....wrapped in a flag.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Dang. *Is alive* Then that means you can be beaten be the noodle a billion times!

Edit: Mega-Ultra-Super Tappination.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                        An American flag

Comment

sam vala ficathon fic are to be published end of november. they're due the 20th and we'll get them up sometime after that
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                            whoops...missed that detail...haven't seen that ep yet *g* wouldn't want it to be missed out..

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                            An American flag
                            oh I think you get some choice of the flag...I mean...should I ascend I doubt I will descend in the US....wouldn't do to run around naked hunting for an american flag...I do have a rainbow one under my bed that would serve just as well

Thus Niemi can choose his flag...
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

whoops...missed that detail...haven't seen that ep yet *g* wouldn't want it to be missed out..

oh I think you get some choice of the flag...I mean...should I ascend I doubt I will descend in the US....wouldn't do to run around naked hunting for an american flag...I do have a rainbow one under my bed that would serve just as well

Hmmm... Canada... Finn... French... Irish...

Anyone is fine.

Comment

How about we just go with the classic 'SGC' flag.... that way it's universal....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X