Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elfinwood
    Wow! I just had to pop in here for a moment and compliment you on this lovely post and to say that you have mirrored my thoughts and feelings as well! And probably everyone else on this thread who holds the same feelings for Amanda and the character she has given us in Sam.

I'm sure your post has been repeated many times before my reply (I'm playing catch up), but it deserves many repeats!

Susan
    Thanks for your kind comments Elfinwood. Hope to see you join us more often in here Samanda!! The more the merrier!!

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Okay. I'm by myself. All alone. In this dark, dank, lonely place. Must...control...fear...

Fine...I guess I shall amuse myself by conversing with my multiple personalities and sharing some great Sam pictures with my alternate selves...

That sounds like a great idea, Mary Beth!

I agree, Mary Beth, definitely an excellent idea!

why, thank you, Mary Beths. You're both so kind!

But we digress...

Here's my first picture for my viewing enjoyment...from Evolution 2...here's a touching moment between father and daughter:

I like that one, Mary Beth, but I like this one even more...where Sam is getting all excited about the gate's power consumption in Heroes 1...

...but Emmett just wants to see the gate spin...

...Sure. It's really cool. Steam comes out of it and everything...

Last edited by Uber; 20 May 2005, 05:22 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
        Hey everyone!!!!!! Dropping onto the face of Earth again!!!!

Just saying I still miss you all terribly, and all the millions of posts going on! *sob* I'm happy/sad to report that tonight is my LAST PERFORMANCE of my play!!!! It's been a blast, and we did the undoable (3 months to completely make/create/write a play and put it up in a festival!?!?) Our festival went way better than we could have hoped, and we'll hopefully have a biiig audience tonight! Massive cast party to follow of course, so I doubt i'll be on tomorrow, if you know what I mean. (I wonder how open the cast would be about bringing some blue jello... i'll bet they've never had our special sloe gin )

So... with my play *sniff* over, I MIGHT, and I stress MIGHT be able to get on a bit more. That being said, I do have a LOT of other things I now have to plunge my whole being into... and after that I really have to start writing my own play which I will be directing for a festival next year!!!!

I guess it's time I could explain a bit about the play i'm just finishing... I warn you, it's crazy!
        Nice to see you pop in and hear how good things are going with your play.
        Hope to see you around Samanda soon! We all miss you.

Kat

Comment

I like that one, Mary Beth, but I like this one even more...where Sam is getting all excited about the gate's power consumption in Heroes 1...

...but Emmett just wants to see the gate spin...

...Sure. It's really cool. Steam comes out of it and everything...

Ooh... great pictures, Mary Beth! But I love this one from Heroes 1...where Sam's discussing her feelings for Jack...and swallows nervously at the end...

Last edited by Uber; 20 May 2005, 09:44 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Ooh... great pictures, Mary Beth! But I love this one from Heroes 1...where Sam's discussing her feelings for Jack...and swallows nervously at the end...

Oh for crying out loud, Mary Beth; you are such an insufferable Sam/Jack Shipper! I much prefer pictures like this one from New Order 1:

Comment

ÜberSG... here's some chocolate cake (which just happens to be laced with prozac)

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                ÜberSG... here's some chocolate cake (which just happens to be laced with prozac)

sally
                Well super! Someone else is here to join me in my multiple personality shaped delusions!

Comment

Well super! Someone else is here to join me in my multiple personality shaped delusions!

(is that what my *problem* is called?)

gateworld went wiggy and i couldn't reply/send/read/post/talk - aka: DO ANYTHING - for quite some time.

as for the spoilers... i'm slightly disappointed in it all. i'm not sqeeing my sockets out about the shipper news, but i'm not upset either, seeing as rob was saying there *will* be something there.

as for where sam was... *clears throat* i guess i need more info before i can really respond, because we still don't know exactly what she was doing there, or what exactly brings her back. rob might have made it sound ho-hum, but that doesn't mean it's going to be that way in the storyline.

so, it's more wait until your eyes bleed time. i've been doing that for quite some time, so what's a little more eye rupturing?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
                    *Snicker*

First chance I've to get on GateWorld all day Was down in the morning, and then I was off at the movies watching Star Wars...

Comment

Quick Sam pull out the BIG Gun MB is loosing it tonight!

MB but I can't stay tonight - just stopped read a PM and read todays posts - taking my band to Great America at 5:00AM in the morning - 2 more weeks of school (3 concerts) then it's 7 weeks off - Well that is no regular classes to teach, just a summer project of a major curriculum rewrite for the Fine Arts & Technology deapartments in the district.
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        I found an interview with Amanda from last summer. I found it quite entertaining, so I thought I'd share.

Interview

Kat
                        Thanks for the link Forever

That doco that Amanda said she wanted to do sounds interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          a friend of mine once suggested amphetamines to deal with Jack being gone and getting him back in "100 Days."
                          But Sam didn't need drugs or booze to take the pain away: she had Janet.
                          (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
                          The marvelous Foothold was on again tonight. Lots of Intrepid Action Hero Sam (plus Michael Shanks doing a dead-on AT impersonation) and Evil Janet. How much better could life get?

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                            But Sam didn't need drugs or booze to take the pain away: she had Janet.
                            (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
                            The marvelous Foothold was on again tonight. Lots of Intrepid Action Hero Sam (plus Michael Shanks doing a dead-on AT impersonation) and Evil Janet. How much better could life get?
                            I've seen Foothold about 3 times in the past month and a half...one of my absolute fav Sam eps...

The only thing missing is the incredible audio commentary on the DVD...

Comment

Don't forget EVERYONE! Send me your AT stories!!! If you've met her or seen her in person... any neat personal anecdote (I remember one having to do with 9/11 and a few others...) and be sure to include any pictures!!!

missmarybethhouse @ hotmail.com

I promise...I will tell you what I'm working on.

Honest.

Eventually.
                              Last edited by Uber; 20 May 2005, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Haha I just watched the E3 trailer for the Stargate game (there's links to it in this thread) and omg... Can't wait for it!!!!

Also, there's a bit of Sam whumping in the trailer too... Like being tossed out of the breifing room window, down into the gateroom!

Comment

Working...
                                X