Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=SG1Poz;6783608]
    Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
    First-I have good news. My latest CT scan came back with the tumors all shrinking!! I'm about ready to burst into tears just writing that.

Fantastic!!
    That is so great! Just keep those positive thoughts coming.

starprops

Comment

Originally posted by Becca C View Post
      sorry about that. thank you Uber!! (how do you get the u with the dots on top?)
      Ah yes Über and her umlauts First thing you must know, is that Über is very particular about her umlauts If you are unable to add the umlauts to her name, then you must do, what we have all had to do (just to make her happy, and keep her from complaining )

If unable to use Über then you must resort to: Oooooooober, or Ooooooo*cough, cough*ooooober *takes breath* as you can see, Ooooooooooober's name can be quite hazardous to your health

or you can just copy and paste like I did in this post
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Ah yes Über and her umlauts First thing you must know, is that Über is very particular about her umlauts If you are unable to add the umlauts to her name, then you must do, what we have all had to do (just to make her happy, and keep her from complaining )

If unable to use Über then you must resort to: Oooooooober, or Ooooooo*cough, cough*ooooober *takes breath* as you can see, Ooooooooooober's name can be quite hazardous to your health

or you can just copy and paste like I did in this post
        Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooober. Got it.

Comment

Or you can press the alt key on you keyboard down and type 129 with the alt key still down. Afterwards you release the alt key and a small ü should appear. For a capital Ü you have to type 154 with the alt key held down.

Comment

Originally posted by Alissa View Post
            Or you can press the alt key on you keyboard down and type 129 with the alt key still down. Afterwards you release the alt key and a small ü should appear. For a capital Ü you have to type 154 with the alt key held down.
            And you know this...how?

I'm suitably impressed.
            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Becca C View Post
              sorry about that. thank you Uber!! (how do you get the u with the dots on top?)

<snippy snippy>
              Easiest way is the way I do it...

copy/paste.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Or you just have a keyboard with the umlauts on them, then all you have to do is hold shift down and press they key with the umlauts on it, of course if you hardly use the umlauts in your langauge you don't need eh But some people actually use it for words besides über that is eh

and Amanda, great character she plays don't you think

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                  And you know this...how?

I'm suitably impressed.
                  I knew this because at school I had to write a program that transfers data to another device. But the device only knew numbers and the computer was only able to send letters, so I had to learn how letters are encoded. So I at least new that there is another way to get the letters to work. But the Ascii number for Ü did not work so I tried several other numbers until I found it.

Comment

But the codes don't work on laptops.

Languages teacher. Bane of my life!
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Yes, it seems as if it has something to do with the keyboard. I tried to do it on my laptop keyboard and it did not work, but it works with the external keyboard I have on my laptop.

Comment

i just call her oobs, rhymes with boobs

or by her real name...which she doensn't like to share publically
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

which she doensn't like to share publically
                          That's a mighty long name.
                          sigpic

Comment

But the Ascii number for Ü did not work so I tried several other numbers until I found it.
                            Did you start at 1 and keep going up? Or did you just randomly type in numbers until 129 and 154 worked? Either way, I find it... scary... potentially obsessive... very determined of you...

My LJ

Comment

somewhere i have a list of all the alt codes for symbols...somewhere...i'm sure it's here somewhere....maybe...somewhere...
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                                Did you start at 1 and keep going up? Or did you just randomly type in numbers until 129 and 154 worked? Either way, I find it... scary... potentially obsessive... very determined of you...
                                Then she'll fit right in here with the rest of us nutcases Samandans.

On a side note...STRIX!!! Great to see ya toots.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X