Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Becca C View Post
    Okay, my new fic is FINALLY up. or at least the first three chapters are. Its a stand alone sequal to my first fic, and it's gonna be a bit long, so i'm chunking it up a little. And as per requests from previous posts, this is mildly S/J, and I stress mildly, fairly mild whumping of Sam and Jack separately, and there are no character deaths. So please read and tell me if you like it so far! I should have the rest of it up within the next few days. It will be about 10 chapters total. Here's the link if you feel like granting my pathetic requests for reviews! Face of Darkness
    Hi, Becca,

I'd love to read your story but when I click the link I get a wikipedia page about hypertext--weird. Can you try again?

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
      Hi, Becca,

I'd love to read your story but when I click the link I get a wikipedia page about hypertext--weird. Can you try again?

donamac
      Looks like there's an extra http// there.

Here's the right link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3600114/1/

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

New article on SciFi Wire with Joe Flanigan talking about Amanda joining Atlantis cast:

Spoiler:
        Tapping joins the Atlantis team after 10 seasons on the sister series, Stargate SG-1. When she makes the transition, she gets a promotion to colonel. According to the producers, Carter's status as Sheppard's superior may lead to some conflict. Flanigan is all for it, though he admitted that playing out that friction has been harder than he expected.

read the full article HERE
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
          This may have already been discussed on here, but I ran across this article tonight and had to ask...

What is a Colonel Major?

Wait! Carter used the phrase "ayup". Wow, makes that little joke at work even cooler.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
            New article on SciFi Wire with Joe Flanigan talking about Amanda joining Atlantis cast:

Spoiler:
            Tapping joins the Atlantis team after 10 seasons on the sister series, Stargate SG-1. When she makes the transition, she gets a promotion to colonel. According to the producers, Carter's status as Sheppard's superior may lead to some conflict. Flanigan is all for it, though he admitted that playing out that friction has been harder than he expected.

The Carter is "perfect" people will be all over this.

Oh, and Sky if they handle the Mckay\Carter thing the way you said in the "Carter fair and balanced" thread I think that would be perfect and in character for both characters. Then everyone can just move along as soon as possible. I just hope TPTB are as smart as you on this subject.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I don't want to toot my own horn or anything, but she does seem to enjoy following me around.
              Now I've told you I have no sense of direction...

I think she enjoys the servitude as well.
              Ok, there is that Plus I have a thing for the big white kickass tiger.

I think she likes my wicked sense of humor -- I know it may be a shock to some that I actually have a sense of humor; but if you look really closely, you can often find it behind the dust bunnies and lint.
              Oh there's plenty

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
              Feel free to speculate all you like.
              *has fun speculating*

This may have already been discussed on here, but I ran across this article tonight and had to ask...

What is a Colonel Major?

lol! Sounds like something out of Heller's Catch 22.

Spoiler:

Coolness thank you
              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                I'm going to weigh in on the hair thing, superficial as it may be...

I started to wear my hair long when I was ten, and it's been that way for most of my life. After I lost a hundred pounds, I had eight inches cut off. It's a rite of passage thing; most women who lose a lot of weight significantly change their hairstyle. It's also an age thing. I was getting closer to forty, which seems to be the upper limit for long hair in women here. I actually went for Sam's season one cut. It looked good but was hard for me to maintain, so it transitioned into a short bob. A couple of years later, I grew it out. Now that it's long, I feel like I look like myself again.

Amanda has changed her hair during the hiatus for a few years now. She wore it long when she was younger. I wonder if she looks in the mirror and feels like she looks like herself again even though it was short for all of those years.

As far as Sam is concerned, it's a good time in the character's development to have longer hair now that she's transitioning to a new position and a new duty station.
                Oh wow!! That's exactly what I did!! I lost 20kg and cut my hair...it was like I needed the change completely...and heading towards 40 as well!! I cut mine so it sat above the shoulders and had it layered and grew my fringe out. Now it's back on the shoulders again and I have a light fringe and no more parting from the center...I can't decide whether to get blonde foils or just totally dye my hair a dark chestnutty colour
                I think Amanda looks great with the long locks....Helens hair style makes her look older IMHO...don't get me wrong...I mean older not old...and I think that from what I have seen so far of Sam's hair style, I think it will fit in perfectly on Atlantis!!...But I'm not biased...no sir...not me!!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                  I've updated the Sam-whumping story list with 37 more stories.

http://www.gyrfalcon.net/vikingchick/whumping.htm

Sky, you posted a message once with a bunch of LJer's pen names... could you point me to it, or tell me again? Thanks!
                  WooHoo...thanks Strix...coolies!!!! Just what I needed today actually...returned to work after having 5 days off only to find that we lost 3 residents and another transfered out...what a bummer...one was expected but the other two were a bit of a shock...that's now a total of 5 gone in a month...ouch...but we gained an extra member to our small family here...we have a young lad staying with us for two weeks while he does work experience with hubby...he's only 15 but is over 6'2...so I had to go out and stock up the cupboards tonight after work...what do growing teenage boys eat anyway??? Actually it's kinda cool having him here...he was diagnosed with Luekemia/cancer last year and has recently finished his treatments...he's doing great...outlook is pretty good!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    I just saw the movie Deja Vu and I have to say they sure needed Sam in this movie!!!!!

spoilers for movie

Spoiler:
                    I mean no one can explain wormhole physics like Sam can, the guy in the movie used a peice paper Everyone knows you have to use a donut
                    LOL...great!! Now when I actually sit and watch this I'll be wondering where the donuts are!!!....Good one Mandy!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                      WooHoo...thanks Strix...coolies!!!! Just what I needed today actually...returned to work after having 5 days off only to find that we lost 3 residents and another transfered out...what a bummer...one was expected but the other two were a bit of a shock...that's now a total of 5 gone in a month...ouch...but we gained an extra member to our small family here...we have a young lad staying with us for two weeks while he does work experience with hubby...he's only 15 but is over 6'2...so I had to go out and stock up the cupboards tonight after work...what do growing teenage boys eat anyway??? Actually it's kinda cool having him here...he was diagnosed with Luekemia/cancer last year and has recently finished his treatments...he's doing great...outlook is pretty good!!
                      Everything! Just keep shoveling it in!
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Spoiler:

OMG!!! That's great!! Thanks tsax!!
                        Goota go...Torchwood starts soon...heard it was a good show so gonna check it out!!
                        Night all, take care, be safe, stay happy, be good, have fun and hug your loved ones!!

(((Samanda)))
                        Last edited by Chelle DB; 18 June 2007, 03:32 AM.
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

You haven't been around for a while, but just in case you're lurking today,

NC

Comment

What is a Colonel Major?

Do they even do research if they write an interview?

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                            You haven't been around for a while, but just in case you're lurking today,

NC
                            HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me too

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
                              Looks like there's an extra http// there.

Here's the right link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3600114/1/
                              sorry about that. thank you Uber!! (how do you get the u with the dots on top?)

Spoiler:

Ha! See? We knew Sam was cool!

hey, i found some cute shots of amanda on an extra on one of my dvd's, but i don't know how to get screencaps. can someone post the link to that free program again? i know it was posted before, but i don't really wanna go back several hundred pages to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Becca C View Post
                                hey, i found some cute shots of amanda on an extra on one of my dvd's, but i don't know how to get screencaps. can someone post the link to that free program again? i know it was posted before, but i don't really wanna go back several hundred pages to find it.
                                Is this what you're looking for?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X